No announcement yet.

Andy Katz just reported...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it depends on what your definition of doing a good job is. If you define a good coach as having a winning record, then HCGM is doing a lousy job. If you define a good coach as being able to get the most out of what he has to work with, again, a lousy job in my opinion, all you gotta do is look at PJ to see that we aren't getting the best out of him. My definition of doing a good job is showing improvement from the beginning of the year to the end of the year. Unfortunately, we aren't seeing that either. I think he has the potential to be a great hire for WSU, but he hasn't shown it to me yet, and I do hope he sticks around for a long time to prove me wrong

Comment

• I really think that everybody needs to calm down about this. I think the fact that Marshall has already called a press conference is a good sign. It probably means that either he is not interested in the job or he made some phone calls and found out that he is not one of their top picks. Either way, he calls a press conference to say that he is the Wichita State coach and will not put his name into consideration for the South Carolina job so that he can go after that other recruit or two that he has talked about.

The only way this press conference means that he is not staying is if they already know that they will hire Marshall. The only way that they could know that they will hire him now is if they were already talking to him about taking over there when we hired him. If that was the case, why would he have uprooted his family and small children from there and brought them here.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

• jump

Ta - Town - love the jump to conclusions reference. Ummkay...Somebody has a bad case of the friday's on this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
          Originally posted by newshock1234
          Now it this was his 3rd or 4th year and he had some success years here, then i think would be a little more worried.
          I don't think you could be further from the truth. He's in his first year, and I dunno if you can tell yet by HCGM's demeanor, but he's not accustomed to losing so he's probably beyond frustrated. He hasn't had the chance yet to get attached with the players, the city, or the program yet. Being here only 1 year, I would think, actually would make his decision less difficult to leave.

Again, for one second, just try taking off homervision and look at this from a realistic point of view for once. Or is that mission impossible?
          why dont you take your negative glasses off sir.
          Im not going to speculate until i have to.
          "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
          CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard
            I really think that everybody needs to calm down about this. I think the fact that Marshall has already called a press conference is a good sign. It probably means that either he is not interested in the job or he made some phone calls and found out that he is not one of their top picks. Either way, he calls a press conference to say that he is the Wichita State coach and will not put his name into consideration for the South Carolina job so that he can go after that other recruit or two that he has talked about.

The only way this press conference means that he is not staying is if they already know that they will hire Marshall. The only way that they could know that they will hire him now is if they were already talking to him about taking over there when we hired him. If that was the case, why would he have uprooted his family and small children from there and brought them here.

:wsu_posters:
            right on sir.
            "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
            CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

• First let me say that in today's world, NOTHING would surprise me, but many things disappoint me.

But just to add some perspective to our rabid speculation, let's not forget that there are other possibilties. Grabbed this off a blog; list of possible candidates to replace Odom.

* Brian Gregory (Dayton)
              * Bob McKillop (Davidson)
              * Dave Rose (BYU)
              * Jim Baron (Rhode Island)
              * Randy Bennett (St. Mary's)
              * Stan Heath (USF)
              * Scott Sutton (Oral Roberts)
              * Dave Wojcik (Tulsa)
              * Sean Miller (Xavier)
              * Anthony Grant (VCU)
              * Greg Marshall (Wichita St.)
              * Chris Lowery (Southern Illinois)
              * Donnie Jones (UF assistant)
              * Kevin Stallings (Vandy)
              * Andy Kennedy (Ole Miss)
              * Tubby Smith (Minn)

Since 2005, LOHD has worked to bring you all the Gamecocks sports info you need concerning THE University of South Carolina while mixing in the occasional tailgating story along the way or other mindless pieces of information. The LOHD blog is your independent source for Gamecock news.

As you can see, there are many coaches who are on a roll right now with their teams, and ohters like Chris Lowery, that aren't right now, but have been every bit as impressive at GM.

I'm as concerned as anyone, but there's nothing we can do about it....

I doubt Coach Marshall is in talks with anyone except Jim Schaus and his family right now... I do wonder if any of the fans of those schools are freaking anywhere as much as we are....

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I think history should repeat itself.

They should hire Stallings!

Comment

• I've also seen Tulane's Dave Dickerson mentioned. He grew up an hour away from Columbia.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

• Minnesota, Xavier, Vandy, and Florida shouldn't freak out at all really. All of them are on a tear this year and I don't think coaches from their respective teams would be effectively starting again at square one

Comment

• All I know is that lovin' the Shocks is like riding a...

The AOL.com video experience serves up the best video content from AOL and around the web, curating informative and entertaining snackable videos.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• As hcgm said: I am the wsu basketball coach and I've got to go win this game with my damn good basketball team. Oh no wait that was lsu, sorry. But hcgm isn't leaving and we need to speculate about tonights game on the predictions thread instead of focusing on this topic right now.
                        J

Comment

• game time is this afternoon at 2.

Comment

Working...
                          X