No announcement yet.

Andy Katz just reported...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just in...according to sources close to Jim Schuas, if Greg Marshall leaves the Men's Basketball program, Coach Dean Smith, formerly of the North Carolina Tar Heels has agreed to a 7 year coaching contract.

Coach Smith says that the University is close to his roots, is one of the best college venues in the country and the cost of living is excellent for senior citizens on a fixed income.

Coach Smith says that he is bringing 3 McDonald's All American recruits with him and Ehimen Orupke, a highly touted African from Nigera.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
      All current players would be offerred scholarships to start a new Men's badminton team for the university.
      I for one, would not want to play Clemente.

Comment

Royal..

Could we delete this entire thread please....I've been sick of it since last year!

It's detrimental to the program, our players and recruits.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
          Royal..

Could we delete this entire thread please....I've been sick of it since last year!

It's detrimental to the program, our players and recruits.

Thanks.
          While it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see this thread deleted, I think saying that anything on a fan message board is detrimental to the program, players and recruits just adds to the insanity of this thread.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

If this was just coming out of nowhere, yes, we'd lock it down. But since it has been discussed on the radio it has become a legitimate discussion topic here.

I would just ask everyone to keep a level head and not get too anxious. We're in the middle of a season and there isn't likely to be any real news for at least a month and a half.

Comment

Not to worry guys. In my College Hoops 2k7 game. Dana Altman took the South Carolina job when it opened. Of course Lowery ended up at San Diego St. and Turgeon went to Ole Miss. I stepped in from Stony Brook and led the Shocks to 5 straight national championships. I will do it again if I have to.

Comment

^well that's not 2k8, is it????

Comment

Originally posted by boneshock
                  Not to worry guys. In my College Hoops 2k7 game. Dana Altman took the South Carolina job when it opened. Of course Lowery ended up at San Diego St. and Turgeon went to Ole Miss. I stepped in from Stony Brook and led the Shocks to 5 straight national championships. I will do it again if I have to.
                  Darnit, he's got MY vote!

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

Huh?

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                    If this was just coming out of nowhere, yes, we'd lock it down. But since it has been discussed on the radio it has become a legitimate discussion topic here.

I would just ask everyone to keep a level head and not get too anxious. We're in the middle of a season and there isn't likely to be any real news for at least a month and a half.
                    Royal, you can't be serious. You're asking the walking insecurities in this group to keep a level head when it comes to panicky speculation about losing a coach? Good luck with that.

Comment

• Re: Huh?

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                      Originally posted by RoyalShock

Royal, you can't be serious. You're asking the walking insecurities in this group to keep a level head when it comes to panicky speculation about losing a coach? Good luck with that.
                      Thanks for the well-wishes! ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                        ^well that's not 2k8, is it????
                        no but it happened in the second year of the career so it would be this year

Comment

• What we need to do is pull out the "Jump to conclusions" mat and start spouting off possible replacements. :good: :good:

Boyle, Sutton (ORU is on shaky ground now days), and I really can't think of other names.

Who else should join the list?

Drama!

Comment

• X and MT have already been mentioned.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• I would welcome Turgeon back with open arms. I liked Mark, he did a solid job here, and he was a great person. Not to say HCGM isn't. However, if you're talking about coaching, I don't see how Marshall is doing any better of a job than Turgeon did last year

Comment

• The only reason it doesn't seem like Marshall is doing that great of a job with coaching is because his squad is so shallow in talent. Look at Turgeon's record his first year, if i recall he improved his record pretty much every year up until his last year here. And given the talent he does have on the bench, i would say he's doing a plenty good job coaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X