As of Mid-May 2024 --- Roster has been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    I was kind of hoping the signing of a 14th guy would really show us the NIL game has stepped up.

Certainly think it has, but idk how much it had to do with this signing.

Meeks almost has to be the walk on in this scenario, right?
    Well international players cant get NIL correct? due to Visa requirements?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Well international players cant get NIL correct? due to Visa requirements?
      I think? Idk because I am pretty sure Kenny was getting something, they had to work it weird.

Comment

Meeks almost has to be the walk on in this scenario, right?
        I've been told by two different peeps that Meeks is a scholarship player. I suppose that could change, but very unlikely.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I think? Idk because I am pretty sure Kenny was getting something, they had to work it weird.
          I think it's a first year thing now that I look. Certain academic visas you can't work "off campus" in your first year. I have no idea if NIL is considered off campus or not

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I've been told by two different peeps that Meeks is a scholarship player. I suppose that could change, but very unlikely.
            perhaps Bell

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

And Zarko is still the Director of International Player Personnel for the Timberwolves, something he has done since the late 90s. And how about his buddy from just that one season I believe, Zoran Radovic?
              Zoran played professionally in Europe, and on the Yugoslavian National team for several years in the mid to late 80s. He now works for FIBA or at least did in the last few years.

EDIT

He's a senior director on the Management team in charge of zone governance, international club competitions and players, transfers and agents.

Sounds like a sweet gig.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

perhaps Bell
                Don't know, but I'd think Matej is the least likely to care about the optics of a scholarship. A guy that played for his national team doesn't care about whether he got a foreign scholly. He's only going to care that his costs are more than covered and he has plenty of extra to impress a fine Kansas hottie or three on his way to his pro career.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

perhaps Bell
                  Definitely Wessel

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

No. '83 was a really good team. Certainly a different era. Not close to 2014. Not as good as 2013. Top 10 all time at WSU? Sure. I know they finished top 15 in the AP, but what was that team's best win? Tulsa? Lost to top 20 Memphis (not that competitive) a really good New Orleans team that finished like 22-7 and ISU. Just nothing to say "they're great".
                    im not saying that 1983 was the best Shocker team, but we will never know, and you nor I can prove one way or the other because they were on probation the entire year with no chance of going to the NCAA Tournament. Their 25-3 record was under rated as a Top 10 team.

Antoine Carr (23 ppg and 8 reb), Xavier McDaniel (19 ppg and 14 reb) are Top 5 Shocker basketball players (all time), and Aubrey Sherrod (15 ppg),a probable Top 10-12 Shocker. All were All American basketball players in college,

Sherrod and Carr were McDonald’s High School All Americans (Top 25). Aubrey Sherrod was a Co-McDonalds AA game (with Michael Jordan) MVP. The X man was a top 50-75 HS recruit, Fr. Karl Papke (9 ppg) was the 6th man and a top 75 recruit, and Bernard Jackson was a starting Fr. PG, averaging (7 ppg), was a Top 100 recruit, and Chicago HS player of year.
                    Last edited by Shockm; 1 week ago.

Comment

• Bell is local. His family has contacts in the community because they live in the community. That could get him enough NIL that a scholarship isn't needed. He strikes me as the type of person who would be willing to make some sacrifices for the good of the team.

It takes a special kind of person to go to the coaches and tell them that if they need another recruit they can use his scholarship. NIL makes scholarship limits obsolete.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                        Corey Washington was 1st team all-conference in the MAAC
                        And conference tournament MVP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

im not saying that 1983 was the best Shocker team, but we will never know, and you nor I can prove one way or the other because they were on probation the entire year with no chance of going to the NCAA Tournament. Their 25-3 record was under rated as a Top 10 team.

Antoine Carr (23 ppg and 8 reb), Xavier McDaniel (19 ppg and 14 reb) are Top 5 Shocker basketball players (all time), and Aubrey Sherrod (15 ppg),a probable Top 10-12 Shocker. All were All American basketball players in college,

Sherrod and Carr were McDonald’s High School All Americans (Top 25). Aubrey Sherrod was a Co-McDonalds AA game (with Michael Jordan) MVP. The X man was a top 50-75 HS recruit, Fr. Karl Papke (9 ppg) was the 6th man and a top 75 recruit, and Bernard Jackson was a starting Fr. PG, averaging (7 ppg), was a Top 100 recruit, and Chicago HS player of year.
                          Yes great team. And you forgot to mention the Banning League HS MVP, freshman Gilbert Wilburn. Then there was Mt. Vernon's very own Buggs (J. Gibbs), who was a more-than-steady point man. 25-3 in a tough Valley. Nobody was going to beat that Memphis team out-of-conference at their gym that year. That same #3 Memphis team beat the Chickens in Lawrence that year and beat 83' National Champion NC State in Raleigh (when they were ranked 6th). Losing to that team was no shame. I'm totally sure we would have beaten them by a wider margin here at the Roundhouse. Way wider...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

No. '83 was a really good team. Certainly a different era. Not close to 2014. Not as good as 2013. Top 10 all time at WSU? Sure. I know they finished top 15 in the AP, but what was that team's best win? Tulsa? Lost to top 20 Memphis (not that competitive) a really good New Orleans team that finished like 22-7 and ISU. Just nothing to say "they're great".
                            Carr didnt play against New Orleans. We were absolutely homered at Memphis and lost by twelve even though we outscored them by ten in field goals. It was a joke. Carr fouled out. McDaniel and Sherrod may have also.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Carr didnt play against New Orleans. We were absolutely homered at Memphis and lost by twelve even though we outscored them by ten in field goals. It was a joke. Carr fouled out. McDaniel and Sherrod may have also.
                              Dwayne "Helicopter" Scales and Durrand Macklin, whose nickname I can't remember

Comment

Dwayne "Helicopter" Scales and Durrand Macklin, whose nickname I can't remember
                                Pin, is our bigs on the finalized squad tall and skilled enough for you now?
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X