• Time
  • Show
Clear All

J Hill
    Cortes
    Beverly
    Washington
    Ballard

would give you 3 ball handlers/guys you know can make plays with the ball in their hands, but you’re sacrificing some perimeter shooting.

J Hill
    McGinnis
    Beverly
    Washington
    Ballard

would give you more ability to space the floor w/ McGinnis being a better threat from 3. Hoping for some improvement from Harland and Cortes from 3 next year tho.

either way, more pieces to work with than last year. Good offseason for Mills!

Comment

I'm really glad Mills was able to land Meeks. He fills front court void we had perfectly. Taylor has him listed as our last scholarship player in the roster update, but as a 6 year senior graduate transfer he might make more sense as the walk-on with a nice NIL package. Then the last scholarship could go to the remaining spot on the roster. Either way I'll be interested who the last spot goes to because their seems to be more to it than just another player for the practice squad.

I think Mills has done a great job this offseason. So many veterans and interchangeable pieces that really seem to compliment each other. I think practices are going to be very competitive with all these players trying to earn as many minutes as possible.

Comment

I really like this roster at it is at this point. Would have been nice to have an over seas trip with this group.

Comment

We look 9-10 deep. And most senior laden teams made noise last year so hopefully that’s a good sign.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Okay, now it's time for Coach Mills to put away his fishing tackle and get out his chemistry set. Although you are never totaling done fishing.

Comment

I keep hearing/seeing comments about another commitment coming in. I wonder if it could be an international player?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCount View Post
                I'm really glad Mills was able to land Meeks. He fills front court void we had perfectly. Taylor has him listed as our last scholarship player in the roster update, but as a 6 year senior graduate transfer he might make more sense as the walk-on with a nice NIL package. Then the last scholarship could go to the remaining spot on the roster. Either way I'll be interested who the last spot goes to because their seems to be more to it than just another player for the practice squad.

I think Mills has done a great job this offseason. So many veterans and interchangeable pieces that really seem to compliment each other. I think practices are going to be very competitive with all these players trying to earn as many minutes as possible.
                Thanks for your input Mrs. Mills.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                  I keep hearing/seeing comments about another commitment coming in. I wonder if it could be an international player?
                  That line of thinking makes a lot of sense imho. And with so many open scholarships next year, it seems likely it's a younger player that gets to step into one of those in year 2.

Someone that, say, is a stretch 4-5 type, maybe in the 7'2" range, nimble with great footwork but a strong core and lower center of gravity that prevents him from being pushed around. Rim protector, great FT shooter and looking to be an aeronautical engineer. Elite leaper.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

That line of thinking makes a lot of sense imho. And with so many open scholarships next year, it seems likely it's a younger player that gets to step into one of those in year 2.

Someone that, say, is a stretch 4-5 type, maybe in the 7'2" range, nimble with great footwork but a strong core and lower center of gravity that prevents him from being pushed around. Rim protector, great FT shooter and looking to be an aeronautical engineer. Elite leaper.
                    Ehimen Porzingis

Comment

Doc, you had me at “7’2””…
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That's some very specific traits lol. And I would not have a problem with any of them other than to pray we could keep him around every year lmao.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                          So with our final commitment, what do we think? Tourney possible or unlikely? Trying to set my expectations to be fair
                          Unlikely.

NIT potential is there.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Exclusive photo:

image.png

Comment

My fearless prediction of a 5th place finish last Season makes me leary to get all eternally optimistic on this Season. I'll wait to see who the walk on is. Maybe another EO type player? No?
                              Stay tune cause i don't know.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Just Dream.

LYRICS:Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dreamDrea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dreamWhen I want you in my armsWhen I want you and all your charmsWhenever I wa...

Comment

Working...
                                X