No announcement yet.

MVCFANS: How to survive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't go to MVCfans.com to read the news. Make no mistake about it.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
      I'm still here. Just not much time to post anything these days, nor do I really have anything to say considering not much goes on in the offseason that isn't overtly obvious like "we signed a player" or "a player transferred away." Me, I'm just laying on my couch hundreds of miles away, hacking away on my laptop in my flannel pajamas, and I can't really think of anything I have to say about the subject because everything I know about the subject I just read in the thread.

As far as MVCFans is concerned, I have come to realize that I give absolutely no shits at all about any of the other Valley teams. I mean, any substantive information that ever gets posted there--for example, UNI signing a player, SIU losing a player, etc.--is so ****ing uninteresting to me I would rather read the wikipedia page for the word "boring." The simple fact that, according what I have just read here, every thread there turns into a Shocker hate-fest is proof positive that the posters there harbor some intense feelings about WSU, and they see MVCFans as a safe place to congregate and tug each other to death about how much Wichita sucks and how terrible the Shockers will be this season and, oh my god, trailer parks and fat people and fast food are totally the only things in Ta-Town.

Speaking to these people on any level that resembles reason is pointless, simply because these are unreasonable people, or, at the very least, reasonable people who go to MVCFans.com to be unreasonable. That, and, at a certain level, arguing about which team is better when the teams will all actually play one another is a bit like dancing about architecture. If we think WSU is way underrated this year, typing words to be read by morons certainly doesn't sound like the sort of thing that will convince a moron, but beating their ass on the court will be a bit more persuasive.

Since these people are so beyond convincing, and reasonable words only have effect on reasonable people, the best move is to let the site devolve into the cesspool of idiocy that we all know it is--as one stupid post begets and even more stupid post--so if some hapless reasonable person should stumble upon it, the site's absurdity will do far more to convince them than any of us ever could. It's essentially the same move I have successfully made with this site's political forum.
      Great post! Welcome back!
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Apparently there is a Shocker fan over at MVCfans, going by the name "ShockValue", that feels that ShockerNet is too gruesome and disruptive for him/her. Apparently this site isn't as monotone and bland as MVCfans and doesn't approve of the place very much. Another "Shocker fan" that's bending over and taking it up the pipe for all of those kumbyah moments at MVCfans.

I bet this "ShockValue" poster doesn't have the balls to come out and let everybody know who they really are, and let their true feelings out over here, rather than being a pansy and hiding behind another name over on that website.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

There was a bit of confusion over at MVCFans today. Apparently a hack over in Des Moines erroneously reported that Wookie is the highest paid coach in the MVC and Omaha's media market is the largest "by far". Being a diligent steward of facts, I quickly added light to the darkness.

T

Comment

ISASO, please report to http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php...=2465&start=12 at your earliest convenience. The harvest is here...

T

Comment

I'm really liking the transformation MVCfans.com is having right before my eyes. Thanks to the leadership over there. And thank you to the Shocker fans who have been contributing recently. We aren't quite there yet, but there is a chance in time we may have a really solid conference message board again.

T

Comment

Has Cold's account been hacked?
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Cold better have his ammunition ready to go just in case the Shox lose tonight. Of course I hope he has plenty of ammo in the clip if we win also! ;)
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                    Cold better have his ammunition ready to go just in case the Shox lose tonight. Of course I hope he has plenty of ammo in the clip if we win also! ;)
                    That's not my style. I don't trash talk much after a victory or defeat. In fact, the more we win the less incentive I have to post because nobody will verbally challenge our program during that time. Times like the current are when I prefer to "shine". It's when we are heavy on potential, but light on believers. These gray areas are where CB lurks.

T

Comment

• Apparently it's easier to survive on MVCfans when Admin Chris's team is winning. Co|d had multiple threads deleted after the loss last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        Apparently it's easier to survive on MVCfans when Admin Chris's team is winning. Co|d had multiple threads deleted after the loss last night.
                        Ziiiing!
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Why would they delete a thread of Cold offering his heartfelt sympathies on there misfortunate hiccup? Im sure he was just expressing his thoughts on how a loss by CU is a loss for the MVC, and well, America as a whole. And that no Shocker fan took any pleasure in seeing them suffer. And that having them lose, made him fear for the conference's standing in college basketball.

What CU fan would disagree with those comments, which I have no doubt, pretty much summed up his sentiments.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• The amount of sarcasm literally leaked out of my laptop and onto my coffee table and ruined my homework.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                              Apparently it's easier to survive on MVCfans when Admin Chris's team is winning. Co|d had multiple threads deleted after the loss last night.
                              I just noticed this. I have contacted "MVC" Chris and await his reply on how we shall move forward. I am hoping the deletion of my work at the exact same time that BJ choked on a Bronco was coincidental. I am suspicious. If it becomes clear that moderating behavior will rise and fall based on the success of one particular team, CB will pack his bags and go. Homie don't play that.

T

Comment

• Anyone surpised by this hasn't spent much time on that POS site. I say leave that crap to the underlings of the conference and stick to SN or the other conference site, which I can't ever remember.
                                "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Working...
                                X