No announcement yet.

MVCFANS: How to survive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's hardly any traffic out there any more. I just spent 10 minutes reviewing posts that I thought might contain info about some games coming up. The Valley has a lot of high profile games this weekend.

Mostly what I found was a mod (AceDad) arguing with posters about off-topic stuff.

Then there's MVC Chris. His blog is the main revenue-producing part of MVCFans - he only allows ads in the threads in the Forums. He pimps his blog pretty heavy in the forums. He mentioned that "WSU was the pleasant surprise of the season". What he didn't mention was that WSU fans attempted to educate the readers of that rag that WSU had some horses. We were met with ridicule, derision, and scorn for trying to say that WSU might win some games after losing 5 seniors.

One of the more memorable recent posts was an Evansville fan talking smack about WSU's W over Tulsa - and then comparing Tulsa to Buffalo, but without seeming to notice that WSU beat Tulsa by 26 and UE lost to Buffalo by 6.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• EU was put into this conference for one reason and that was to provide pure comedy by its fanbase of 14 on conference message boards. Oh and to kill RPI's.

Sidenote: I can't believe Ace Dad was given the role of moderator. When that happened, everything went straight to his head. He was one of the worst on that site.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Sidenote: I can't believe Ace Dad was given the role of moderator. When that happened, everything went straight to his head. He was one of the worst on that site.
        He has to be the most confrontational mod I've seen on a board since Princess Matthew.

It's weird- he used to be a pretty nice guy and decent poster back when his son played at UE. Now he just racebaits and makes incredibly, incredibly stupid arguments about the Aces. I'm not sure what happened to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
          He has to be the most confrontational mod I've seen on a board since Princess Matthew.

It's weird- he used to be a pretty nice guy and decent poster back when his son played at UE. Now he just racebaits and makes incredibly, incredibly stupid arguments about the Aces. I'm not sure what happened to him.
          You got that right. He was pretty decent back in the day. Pretty intelligent and mellow. Once he got handed the "moderator" tag, that has all but gone away and his entire style changed. "Confrontational" is definitely the right word for him. I just checked back over there to read what some of the fuss is about. Wow. What a toolbag. His arguments are about as bad as sixthaces's. I can't for the life of me understand how he became and still maintains moderator status. Aren't moderators supposed to be the exact opposite of confrontational? Aren't the two oxymorons?

And I thought I was bad at getting the last word in on everything.... He makes me look like an innocent school girl.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm so glad I quit on that site. Hell, I used to actually contibute and wrote a few pieces for the front of the site over realignment issues. But the moderation turned into absolute crap and I'm not putting up with that.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I’m probably in the minority here, however I wish WuShock Reaper would quit posting videos there. I don’t understand the reason for 10 pages of WSU videos on a Valley website… it just appears totally unnecessary to me. Why would a Valley fan waste their time watching them? I suggest that he posts a link in the thread that directs WSU fans or anyone else to Shockernet.

P.S. I do appreciate the work @wushock:er Reaper puts into his productions.
              Last edited by WstateU; November 30, 2012, 09:39 AM.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                ISASO, please report to http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php...=2465&start=12 at your earliest convenience. The harvest is here...
                T
                ...:cool:
                I'm sad that my MVCfans log-in isn't working for some reason. While I know they are talking about TV markets and metro areas here is the fun fact. Kansas 2011 pop 2,871,238 Nebraska 2011 pop 1,842,641. All hail the fly over states
                "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Working...
                X