Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVCFANS: How to survive

Hi,

I have posted on and off on MVCFANS for a little while now. Lately I have stepped it up a notch and find myself today happily dismantling BJ fan's ignorant comments just like the old times. I'll be honest with you, I have been allowed to operate fairly unfettered over there. BUT, I don't go on and on and on either. Are you listening Fever? Shocker fans outnumber all other fanbases in the MVC. If all of us go over there and hammer away, it kills the place. But, if you make your point, take your snipe, and then just chill, you should be allowed to "contribute".

I have never got the feeling that I am hyper-restricted because I am a Shocker fan. Perhaps it's just because I'm a superstar, or that my posts generate traffic like flies on shite. Hehehehe

We should all go over there and make our presence known. However, try not to post more than 2 or 3 times a day if you post in a similar style to me. CB script is best in small doses.

T

...:cool:

No thanks. That place is a cess pool.
    "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Let me give you an example. BJ fan was making a few comments alluding to our "dumb JUCO" players and the disadvantage BJ college has at recruiting against schools like us with no admissions standards. I responded thusly:

Originally posted by C0|db|00ded
      Yes, WSU's starting lineup is just a bunch of dumb ol' JUCO street ballers.

You know, when I hear a BJ discuss various aspects of BJ admission, education, and overall learning in a haughty tone, I giggle. That's three giggles for me today.

In Ross, a high school student with an “academically disadvantaged background” accepted an athletic scholarship to study at Creighton University and to play on its varsity basketball team. Although he studied at the university from 1978 until 1982, he left there with the language skills of a fourth grader and the reading skills of a seventh grader. Creighton paid for a year of remedial education at a school in Chicago, where he attended classes with grade school students. Ross then attended a university in Chicago, but he was forced to withdraw for financial reasons.

RIPPLE Circuit Judge. Kevin Ross filed suit against Creighton University Creighton or the University for negligence and breach...f2d41011288

Mr. Ross attended Creighton from 1978 until 1982. During that time he maintained a D average and acquired 96 of the 128 credits needed to graduate. However, many of these credits were in courses such as Marksmanship and Theory of Basketball, and did not count towards a university degree. Mr. Ross alleges that he took these courses on the advice of Creighton's Athletic Department, and that the department also employed a secretary to read his assignments and prepare and type his papers.

Now that's what I call a sterling reputation. I don't know how you are able to even field a basketball squad hampered by such stringent recruiting standards...

T

Now, after such a masterpiece I am probably finished for the day. To continue on after that somehow just seems mean... :concern:

T

Comment

That's some solid stuff there Cold.

I'd give it a try, but I'm on double super secret probation posting limitations, so like isaso (where has that guy been lately) and others, my posts have to be "approved" before they're displayed. So basically, everything is scrutinized for me, but then you have blatant toolbags like DJA and valleychump posting there whenever and whatever without restriction. It's beyond unreasonable.

So I dunno if it'd be worth another shot at that pondscum pad. It's nice knowing things have changed so much for the better and there's no trolling or off topic ranting since they got rid of that terrible problem poster of me.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Don't whine about being deleted or unfair treatment. Just make your comments and let it go. I do get deleted occasionally like when I said that "the reason that rapes aren't reported on NIU's campus is because sheep can't dial 911." Those kind of posts won't make it. Don't be oppressive like MoValley John. Don't be everywhere. My posts take up a lot of "space". There really isn't room for more than one CB. When you and I and Isaso work in trio, that is too much. WuDrWu usually has a nice balance in his posting temperament. He is constructive, yet can turn on a dime and levy a lethal blow if things get "out-of-wack".

Since you are on double-secret probation, you need to ease back into play gently. Use lubricant.

T

Comment

I have been considering for a long time to just blatantly and aggressively insult every stupid comment over there. The only thing holding me back is that I have "Shocker" in my username and I don't want to taint our reputation. I don't care about being banned over there, I just don't want everyone to think we are arrogant pricks. But I'm slowling losing interest in maintaining that respect the more I read over there. Because I have definitely lost respect for most of them. Also, I'm sure they're all reading this thread and will post about it over there soon enough. Sandbaggers...

Comment

I decided to test the water with this inflammatory post:
              WSU is being underrated and disrespected.

UNI and IlSU will not finish ahead of the Shox - and it won't even be that close. Prepare yourselves for 2012 - Part II.
              I got absolutely slammed and accused of being a troll.

If you're a WSU fan, you better practice up on Kumbaya, 'cause you're going to need to sing a few verses of it. It's OK to say anything you want about WSU, as long as you 1) don't imply that some of WSU's players might be better than some players on other teams, 2) don't imply that WSu will win more than 15 or so games this year. 3) Don't disagree with posters picking WSU 9th.

It's open season on WSU fans, but WSU fans are accused of being trolls if they stand up for the Shox.

I'm not interested in a forum where UNI, BJ, INSU, and even MSU fans have free rein to say whatever they want about the Shox, but Shocker fans are gang tackled if they openly support their players and team, unless they add things like, "of course, against Echenique all bets are off - we can't possibly handle him".

It's a bit repugnant. Trolling for WSU fans = OK. WSU fans returning the favor - and it's double secret probation. That place is not moderated evenly.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                I decided to test the water with this inflammatory post:

I got absolutely slammed and accused of being a troll.

If you're a WSU fan, you better practice up on Kumbaya, 'cause you're going to need to sing a few verses of it. It's OK to say anything you want about WSU, as long as you 1) don't imply that some of WSU's players might be better than some players on other teams, 2) don't imply that WSu will win more than 15 or so games this year. 3) Don't disagree with posters picking WSU 9th.

It's open season on WSU fans, but WSU fans are accused of being trolls if they stand up for the Shox.

I'm not interested in a forum where UNI, BJ, INSU, and even MSU fans have free rein to say whatever they want about the Shox, but Shocker fans are gang tackled if they openly support their players and team, unless they add things like, "of course, against Echenique all bets are off - we can't possibly handle him".

It's a bit repugnant. Trolling for WSU fans = OK. WSU fans returning the favor - and it's double secret probation. That place is not moderated evenly.
                +1000

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                  Don't whine about being deleted or unfair treatment. Just make your comments and let it go. I do get deleted occasionally like when I said that "the reason that rapes aren't reported on NIU's campus is because sheep can't dial 911." Those kind of posts won't make it. Don't be oppressive like MoValley John. Don't be everywhere. My posts take up a lot of "space". There really isn't room for more than one CB. When you and I and Isaso work in trio, that is too much. WuDrWu usually has a nice balance in his posting temperament. He is constructive, yet can turn on a dime and levy a lethal blow if things get "out-of-wack".

Since you are on double-secret probation, you need to ease back into play gently. Use lubricant.

T

Well, if only you knew what posts were getting withheld or deleted... You'd laugh your Shox Rox My Sox off. The admin has some sort of axe to grind with me. It's as simple as that. Now that I'm gone, he's opened the reigns and has abandoned every rule in the book. If I was there posting like you, or DJA, or Valleychump, or that ambulance chasing LJ, I would have been permabanned instantaneously.

Maybe I'll give it a try just to prove you wrong. I'll make an innocent post and see if it goes through. 99.9% chance it doesn't. And even if it does, I'm not posting at a place that let's everyone else post like they want and keep me held down with a baby monitor. And that's exactly what will happen. The admin or other moderators simply get too pained by the stings that come off my keyboard or most other Shocker fans.

A similar situation happened with SIU fans on Valleytalk. They all abandoned ship and haven't visited a Valley board in years. Oh ya, and they suck too.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                    I have been considering for a long time to just blatantly and aggressively insult every stupid comment over there.
                    Don't do that.

It's time to take over MVCFANS.com. Don't be oppressive with volume. Post infrequently. Make your posts count. We also need several "constructive" Shocker fans to post. I think there is already one or two "Shocker fans" that totally bend over for Valley teams on there. The proprietor of that site has the same goal that every other forum owner has, volume. Our fanbase can singlehandedly give him that volume. But he won't sacrifice having every other Valley team participant leave because his site becomes ShockerNet II.

1) Post in smaller volume but consistently.

2) Don't stalk/abuse a poster excessively (Fever methodology)

3) Modulate your behavior. If you see somebody already dealing out punishment, temper your approach. Consider being a spectator.

4) Enjoy yourself and always represent WSU in a realistic manner.. which is the finest athletic program in the Valley.

This is going to be a great year and if we don't have the Valley to "share it" with, we are missing out on why it's fun to follow sports.

T

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Well, if only you knew what posts were getting withheld or deleted... You'd laugh your Shox Rox My Sox off. The admin has some sort of axe to grind with me. It's as simple as that. Now that I'm gone, he's opened the reigns and has abandoned every rule in the book. If I was there posting like you, or DJA, or Valleychump, or that ambulance chasing LJ, I would have been permabanned instantaneously.

Maybe I'll give it a try just to prove you wrong. I'll make an innocent post and see if it goes through. 99.9% chance it doesn't. And even if it does, I'm not posting at a place that let's everyone else post like they want and keep me held down with a baby monitor. And that's exactly what will happen. The admin or other moderators simply get too pained by the stings that come off my keyboard or most other Shocker fans.

A similar situation happened with SIU fans on Valleytalk. They all abandoned ship and haven't visited a Valley board in years. Oh ya, and they suck too.
                      Take it slow. Lubricate. If your screen name is burnt, consider changing it and lighten up on the volume. The key is to not be oppressive. I am probably approaching that threshold as we speak so I might just chill for a while.

T

Comment

I've tried posting passively with another screenname. DJA then began examining me like Inspector Gadget and bestowed upon the MVC fans world on who I was and asked for a curtain call. When it was known who I was, the admin simply banned me, nevermind the fact that I was actually toning it down. Kinda funny after just reading over there, that Double Inspector Anal is now accusing you Cold and Doc of being the same person. How paranoid can a desperate BJ be?

It was just not worth it to continue to try to appease a pro-BJ, hypocritical admin and get nothing for it, all the while he continued to let every sCUm and NIU fan post the same junk without repercussions.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                          Take it slow. Lubricate. If your screen name is burnt, consider changing it and lighten up on the volume. The key is to not be oppressive. I am probably approaching that threshold as we speak so I might just chill for a while.

T

Telling Fever to chill during the throws of posting is like telling Hugh Hefner not to touch the bunnies.

Comment

Just want to make it known.

I am ....

BATMAN!

Comment

Maybe @_kai_: would let us have a thread in Off Topic where all WSU MVCFANS posts that are "not allowed" or edited, along with the post being responded to, can be listed. After all, the MVCFANS admin shouldn't care, because we all know no one but Shocker fans would see it. :smug:

Comment

Working...
                              X