No announcement yet.

2024-25 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NCAA's official NET rating is 208. As of March 17, their last update.

Roughly equal to Norfolk St. from last season's schedule, who was 223.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      The NCAA's official NET rating is 208. As of March 17, their last update.

Roughly equal to Norfolk St. from last season's schedule, who was 223.
      Really? Because the 217 came from the official NET rankings on the NCAA website.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• After some research on MSU, here is their roster breakdown based on ppg last season and what I see in the transfer portal.

Robert Ford III (16.2 ppg) - Was a 4th year senior. Not sure if he has a 5th year or not. Not in the portal.
        Brian Goracke (13.5 ppg) - Returning
        Brandon Walker (13.1 ppg) - Returning
        Patrick McMahon (13 ppg in just 3 games. Injury?) - Returning
        Jaqari Miles (10 pts in first game of the year, and his only game. Injury?) - Transfer
        Eddie Turner III (9.4 ppg) - Transfer
        Tyler Patterson (8.2 ppg) - Returning
        Sam Lecholat (5.5 ppg) - Returning

Just based on returning production, should still be good, especially if Ford III has a 5th year.

Transfers in

Max Agbonkpolo (Utah State, 6'9 F) - Played in 10 games (first semester), 23.6 mpg, 5.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg
        Jabe Mullins (Wash St, 6-6 G) - 24 games played. 9.1 mpg, 1.6 ppg.

So they add a solid frontcourt player and a veteran role player.

If the above info is accurate, could be a top 175 or even 150 NET team this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Really? Because the 217 came from the official NET rankings on the NCAA website.
          I got mine from here:

Get NCAA college basketball rankings from the Associated Press, USA Today Coaches poll and the NCAA NET Rankings.

Comment

• Mine come from here

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              While I know that Montana is a state, I did not know there was a Montana State.
              Beautiful campus in Bozeman. We toured it with my daughter in the spring. I can't imagine going to school there though, the winters are brutal and they have an open air football stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                The list RoyalShock looked at includes games through March 17, 2024 which was post-conference tournament but pre-NCAA.

The list @SubGod looked at includes games through April 8, 2024.

Montana State had 1 game after March 17th. An 81-88 OT loss to Grambling State in the NCAA First Four matchup of 16 seeds. That dropped them from 208 to 217.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  After some research on MSU, here is their roster breakdown based on ppg last season and what I see in the transfer portal.

Robert Ford III (16.2 ppg) - Was a 4th year senior. Not sure if he has a 5th year or not. Not in the portal.
                  Just based on returning production, should still be good, especially if Ford III has a 5th year.
                  If Ford3 plays next year it would be his 7th collegiate year.

He played 2 full seasons at Clackamass Community College in 2018-19 and 2019-20

He played 2 years at Idaho State. He played in 24 games in 2020-21 which was the Covid waiver year. He only played played in 9 games in 2021-22 which probably qualified him for a medical redshirt.

He played 2 full seasons at Montana State where he played in 35 games in both 2022-23 and 2023-24.,

Looks to me like has has used all 4 years of his eligibility even if the 2 years at Idaho State did not count.

Comment

• 208 or 217 is irrelevant. If we can't beat Montana State at home .. we are likely looking at a very rough 3-4 years with the way the roster is constructed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      While I know that Montana is a state, I did not know there was a Montana State.
                      They offered my daughter a full scholarship and waved the application all together.

My daughter chose Wichita State anyway. Without much thought. Not that she didn't have plenty of other options also lol
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

They offered my daughter a full scholarship and waved the application all together.

My daughter chose Wichita State anyway. Without much thought. Not that she didn't have plenty of other options also lol
                        Good for her. Go Shocks

Comment

• Speaking of Montana State. Damn.

78-65

Comment

• Added guarantee game with Monmouth and have date for DePaul roadie

78-65

Comment

• Remember back in the 90s when you bought Dr Pepper or some other brands of soda and the bottom of the cap had an NCAA team, and if they won the championship you won a TON of money?

It was always Monmouth or Bucknell under that damn cap. ALWAYS.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Monmouth with a NET of 189 at the end of this past season. Not a horrible buy game. They did finish 8th in the CAA last year. Would hope they improve some.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X