No announcement yet.

2024-25 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLU is a great addition! Former Indiana State head coach Josh Schurtz has had a great portal off-season led by Robbie Avila. This is a fun game to get.

Comment

Home

K-State

Neutral

Saint Louis
      Minnesota
      Florida
      Wake Forest

Away

DePaul
      Western Kentucky

I'm guessing the rest will probably be buy games at CKA. Solid non-con slate.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
        Home

K-State

Neutral

Saint Louis
        Minnesota
        Florida
        Wake Forest

Away

DePaul
        Western Kentucky

Isn't the game in KC two games? One on Friday and then the Championship/Consolation on Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Isn't the game in KC two games? One on Friday and then the Championship/Consolation on Saturday?
          I'm guessing it's a one-off since a team can only play in one MTE per year and WSU is committed to the ESPN event in Orlando.

Comment

I'm guessing it's a one-off since a team can only play in one MTE per year and WSU is committed to the ESPN event in Orlando.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_o...ll_tournament)

For the last 20+ years, has always been a two-game guarantee. "...season-opening college basketball tournament founded in 2001. The tournament is currently held in mid-November. There are twelve teams invited, each representing a different athletic conference. The initial two rounds are played at regional sites on two different days hosted by participating team. The regional hosts automatically advance to the championship rounds at T-Mobile Center in Kansas City, Missouri. The championship rounds take place one week after the initial round. Teams not hosting advance to sub regional rounds where they will play three games​..."

Comment

I’m guessing KC event is turning into a one-day classic rather than a tournament. KC at Thanksgiving isn’t exactly a desirable destination compared to some of the other options (tropical locales, Vegas, NYC, etc).
              78-65

Comment

Comment

Isn't that three local(ish) teams?

Initially, it was always sold that there would be a local team involved. That list included WSU, KU, KSU, Iowa and ISU for sure. Though they also pissed off 3G one year when our early games were absolute bullshit and I believe one ended up being a D2 school.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Isn't that three local(ish) teams?

Initially, it was always sold that there would be a local team involved. That list included WSU, KU, KSU, Iowa and ISU for sure. Though they also pissed off 3G one year when our early games were absolute bullshit and I believe one ended up being a D2 school.
                    Yeah you'd think WSU, SLU, and Iowa would all bring decent crowds to KC as they are within reasonable driving distance.

I'm not complaining though - better for the SOS to play the three teams in Orlando.

Comment

Home

K-State

Neutral

Saint Louis
                      Minnesota
                      Florida
                      Wake Forest

Away

DePaul
                      Western Kentucky

Still wish we would play a better schedule. Gonna need 26-28 wins to be in at large territory, and the home slate is gonna be pitiful again.
                      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Still wish we would play a better schedule. Gonna need 26-28 wins to be in at large territory, and the home slate is gonna be pitiful again.
                        I'm just hoping Mills doesn't do the multiple non-d1 games (3 or 4) like he did at ORU. I'm hoping for 1 max.

From an "at large" territory standpoint, instead of a non-d1, book the worst D1 you can get here and beat them by 50. That's how ISU had such a gaudy NET last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm just hoping Mills doesn't do the multiple non-d1 games (3 or 4) like he did at ORU. I'm hoping for 1 max.

From an "at large" territory standpoint, instead of a non-d1, book the worst D1 you can get here and beat them by 50. That's how ISU had such a gaudy NET last year.
                          I’ve seen you say this before.

Feel very sure the ORU deal is an indictment on what ORU has to do to have home games, not Mills scheduling philosophy.

The schools situations aren’t close monetarily and aren’t really comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Based on Bart Torvik projections, here's how the scheduled games would rate in the NET:

Home

K-State (54 - Q2)

Neutral

Saint Louis (99 - Q2 - cut line for neutral Q2 is 100)
                            Minnesota (69 - Q2)
                            Florida (34 - Q1)
                            Wake Forest (44 - Q1)

Away

DePaul (125 - Q2)
                            Western Kentucky (123 - Q2)

Comment

Taylors story:
                              Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I’ve seen you say this before.

Feel very sure the ORU deal is an indictment on what ORU has to do to have home games, not Mills scheduling philosophy.

The schools situations aren’t close monetarily and aren’t really comparable.
                                We will never know exactly why they ended up with 3-4 every year.

In the 10 years before Mills they were in the 0-2 range with an average of 1 a year. While he was there most years were 3-4. Last year after Mills they had 3.

Either way, my statement is still valid no matter what the reason they did it at ORU. I don't want to see it here lol

Comment

Working...
                                X