No announcement yet.

2024-25 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 109, 216, 98, 187, 48. That’s a little too inconsistent for my liking.

Again, doing home and homes with 130 type teams is a major step down in the scheduling department. But that’s where we are I guess.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

What is their NET the last 5 years?

Of course it’s gonna be better than any buy games but we’re giving up road games to Western Kentucky and Northern Iowa when we used to be doing it to Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Missouri, etc. That’s my main point. You would never be celebrating a home and home with a Valley school 5 years ago.
      We have to be better if we want to get games back with Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Missouri, etc.

So you build a worthy schedule with what you have to work with until the program gets back on its feet and can get those games again.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• It's not like our trend line looks good to power conference schools to give us a H/H

151, 112, 87, 70, 41
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          It's not like our trend line looks good to power conference schools to give us a H/H

151, 112, 87, 70, 41
          I’m not even suggesting we get power teams currently. I’m saying we can do better than this from a home and home perspective. We still have a couple of brand points still left in the back pocket. We shouldn’t be wasting it on Northern Iowa. There are better 70-100 schools that are more aligned with us that we should be doing home and homes with. You’re supposed to be a lot pickier with those. Northern Iowa and Western Kentucky aren’t it.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I’m not even suggesting we get power teams currently. I’m saying we can do better than this from a home and home perspective. We still have a couple of brand points still left in the back pocket. We shouldn’t be wasting it on Northern Iowa. There are better 70-100 schools that are more aligned with us that we should be doing home and homes with. You’re supposed to be a lot pickier with those. Northern Iowa and Western Kentucky aren’t it.
            Recruits, I'm sure, will love to know they can count on a roadie to Cedar Falls in the middle of winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Recruits, I'm sure, will love to know they can count on a roadie to Cedar Falls in the middle of winter.
              If we have to play against the floppers with Paul Janssen officiating ever again, I'll go ahead an officially unsubscribe from this sport.

Comment

• Not a fan. They will almost never be a Q1 game. Rarely will ever be a Q2 home game. Most times they will be a Q3/Q4 type game. They will likely have extra motivation just because it's us. Buy game? Sure .. they aren't home/home quality and not in an area with a ton of recruits either.

Their KP ranks the last few years

111, 223, 91, 163, 49 (Covid year), 177

So at BEST you can expect them to be a Q2 Road/ Q3 Home Game. Most times will be closer to a Q3 Road/Q4 home game.

Comment

• UNOFFICIAI: Non-Conference Games
                  Nov 4th (Mon) at Western Kentucky - Bowling Green, Kentucky (E.A. Diddle Arena)
                  Nov 9th (Sat) vs. Montana State - Wichita, Kan. (Charles Koch Arena)
                  Nov 14th (Thu) vs Northern Iowa - Wichita, Kan.
                  Nov 18th (Mon) vs. Monmouth - Wichita, Kan.
                  Nov 22nd (Fri) vs. Saint Louis - Kansas City, MO (T-Mobile Center) - Hall of Fame Classic
                  Nov 28th (Thu) - Holiday MTE - ESPN Events Invitational (Orlando, Florida) - Announced Teams: Florida, Wake Forest and Minnesota​
                  Nov 29th (Fri) - Holiday MTE - ESPN Events Invitational (Orlando, Florida) - Announced Teams: Florida, Wake Forest and Minnesota​
                  Dec 14th (Sat) at DePaul - Chicago, Illinois
                  Dec 17th (Tue) vs. Kansas City - Wichita, Kan.
                  Dec 21st (Sat) vs. Kansas State - Wichita, Kan. (Charles Koch Arena)

??? Nov/Dec - TBD - Wichita, Kan. Downtown INTRUST game.
                  ---

So, it looks like we have to games left to be uncovered. Does one of the known games get moved to Intrust? Does one of the remaining uncovered games get placed there?​

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    UNOFFICIAI: Non-Conference Games
                    Nov 4th (Mon) at Western Kentucky - Bowling Green, Kentucky (E.A. Diddle Arena) (Q3)
                    Nov 9th (Sat) vs. Montana State - Wichita, Kan. (Charles Koch Arena) (Q4)
                    Nov 14th (Thu) vs Northern Iowa - Wichita, Kan. (Q3)
                    Nov 18th (Mon) vs. Monmouth - Wichita, Kan. (Q4)
                    Nov 22nd (Fri) vs. Saint Louis - Kansas City, MO (T-Mobile Center) - Hall of Fame Classic (Q3)
                    Nov 28th (Thu) - Holiday MTE - ESPN Events Invitational (Orlando, Florida) - Announced Teams: Florida (Q1), Wake Forest (Q1) and Minnesota​ (Q2)
                    Nov 29th (Fri) - Holiday MTE - ESPN Events Invitational (Orlando, Florida) - Announced Teams: Florida, Wake Forest and Minnesota​
                    Dec 14th (Sat) at DePaul - Chicago, Illinois (Q4)
                    Dec 17th (Tue) vs. Kansas City - Wichita, Kan. (Q4)
                    Dec 21st (Sat) vs. Kansas State - Wichita, Kan. (Charles Koch Arena) (Q2)

??? Nov/Dec - TBD - Wichita, Kan. Downtown INTRUST game.
                    ---

So, it looks like we have to games left to be uncovered. Does one of the known games get moved to Intrust? Does one of the remaining uncovered games get placed there?​
                    So looking at the schedule basing of last years ranks, we would expect at best 3 Q1/Q2 opportunities in the non con. The rest are all Q3/Q4. We basically will have to be near flawless in the conference season to have a chance at an at large IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

So looking at the schedule basing of last years ranks, we would expect at best 3 Q1/Q2 opportunities in the non con. The rest are all Q3/Q4. We basically will have to be near flawless in the conference season to have a chance at an at large IMO.
                      Hard to schedule guaranteed Q1 and even Q2 games when you're on a downward trend.

I believe that we can do a better job of scheduling, but we can't do near as well as a few of you want when our NET has gone the wrong direction each of the last 5 years and we most recently were sitting above 150. UNI was better than us.

We need as many games as we can get against top 150 schools. Prefer that be closer to top 100 when possible, and UNI seems to fit that as they were essentially a borderline 100 team last year. I don't know who the return as I don't pay attention to Valley schools these days.

We have to perform better before we can schedule much better.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I’m hopeful that there is no Intrust game this year.

Comment

• Not sure why we do not have more H/H with MWC teams -- Colorado State, Utah St, Wyoming, San Diego St. Might even be able to with Colorado.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Hard to schedule guaranteed Q1 and even Q2 games when you're on a downward trend.

I believe that we can do a better job of scheduling, but we can't do near as well as a few of you want when our NET has gone the wrong direction each of the last 5 years and we most recently were sitting above 150. UNI was better than us.

We need as many games as we can get against top 150 schools. Prefer that be closer to top 100 when possible, and UNI seems to fit that as they were essentially a borderline 100 team last year. I don't know who the return as I don't pay attention to Valley schools these days.

We have to perform better before we can schedule much better.
                            I kinda agree. We aren't a big sell .. We are still a much bigger sell that UNI. We can schedule 50 different teams that will give the same result as UNI without it being a team with extra motivation and potentially in area we can sell recruits on. We recruit the south a lot .. lets pick one of the many schools there that we can sell potential transfers/recruits on next year that we will be playing in front of their home area. So its not that we ONLY are scheduling a team that has almost no chance to be a quality win .. but we are scheduling a team that wont be a quality win with minimal other upside to us to a Home and Home.

Buying UNI .. absolutely. That's fine. Home and Home is unacceptable IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                              I’m hopeful that there is no Intrust game this year.
                              Has to be since the NCAAT is there this year- unless KSU or KU are taking it instead
                              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                Not sure why we do not have more H/H with MWC teams -- Colorado State, Utah St, Wyoming, San Diego St. Might even be able to with Colorado.
                                May have something to do with our NET being over 150.

Colorado State - 33
                                Utah State - 43
                                Wyoming - 155 (this one would be possible)
                                San Diego State - 18

If we were a top 50 program would we be excited about scheduling a H/H with a 150+ school?

Colorado - 25
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X