No announcement yet.

2024-25 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is CBS grouped with other? Being on CBS by itself is worthy of its own category.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Why is CBS grouped with other? Being on CBS by itself is worthy of its own category.
      It was just plain' ole laziness on my part. I just didn't want to include another column in my table. I will say there wasn't a lot of the others. An occasional SEC Network and such if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Well, as you would expect for a rebuilding Shockers team, there is not a lot of room for error with our Quad 1 and 2 games in the non-con. It's odd that Memphis is projected a Quad 2 even with a TON of Quad 1 chances. They are gonna benefit from a lot of quality losses.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Assuming WSU's Q2/Q3 swing games split, with one become Q2 and the other Q3, then I really have no problem with 5 Q1/2 games in non-con. Memphis is playing one of the toughest non-cons in all of CBB, so I wouldn't use that as a measuring stick.

My bigger concern is that, aside from WSU and FAU (who should have at least two additional Q1 or Q2 games from the Charleston Classic that aren't accounted for in the table above) the American has a whole has scheduled in a very unserious manner. Whoever made the schedule for UAB should be fired.

Comment

• Too many Q4 games. Those really need to be avoided as much as possible, not be a third of the schedule.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  Too many Q4 games. Those really need to be avoided as much as possible, not be a third of the schedule.
                  For reference, WSU played six Q4 games in the 2019-20 non-con under Marshall. They played five Q4 games in the 2017-18 non-con.

Are there fewer opportunities for quality wins in conference compared to back then? No doubt. However, I don't think four Q4 games matter as much as converting on the handful of Q1/2 opportunities in non-con.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

For reference, WSU played six Q4 games in the 2019-20 non-con under Marshall. They played five Q4 games in the 2017-18 non-con.

Are there fewer opportunities for quality wins in conference compared to back then? No doubt. However, I don't think four Q4 games matter as much as converting on the handful of Q1/2 opportunities in non-con.
                    I didn't like so many then either. It's one thing if a team slips into that range due to unforeseen circumstances, but we, and others, schedule way too many bad teams on purpose.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Unless the NET is adjusted this year, it likes lopsided victories over bad teams.

Comment

• There is also the fact that to get those better games, it takes two to tango. Those games we want may be with teams that don't care to schedule us. Personally I'd like to see more "lateral" games with teams like us, but I know coaches can have other scheduling philosophies.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                          There is also the fact that to get those better games, it takes two to tango. Those games we want may be with teams that don't care to schedule us. Personally I'd like to see more "lateral" games with teams like us, but I know coaches can have other scheduling philosophies.
                          I've always supported working to schedule H/H series with more mid-level type teams. They give you good games and the road game may help boost which quad the game ends up in. We don't have to have a schedule full of top 50 games, though that wouldn't suck, but finding partners in say the top 150 or so that would do H/H is better than buying team 300 and such. There are schools out there in similar situations that would love some better games on their schedules as well.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                            There is also the fact that to get those better games, it takes two to tango. Those games we want may be with teams that don't care to schedule us. Personally I'd like to see more "lateral" games with teams like us, but I know coaches can have other scheduling philosophies.
                            Most Q1 games for schools like WSU will come on the road, but power conference schools don't want to schedule opponents like WSU unless they see upside. Teams that people expect to be good (e.g., FAU last year) get the benefit of the doubt. Unknown quantities like WSU do not.

Comment

• Go Shockers - American Schedule Revealed for Men's Hoops

Wichita State has completed its 2024-25 men's basketball schedule with the announcement of the American Athletic Conference 18-game schedule, the league revealed Thursday afternoon.

League play opens on Jan. 3 at Temple and the home opener will see the reigning regular season champions, South Florida, come to Charles Koch Arena on Jan. 6. The remaining home games in January will see Charlotte (Jan. 14), East Carolina (Jan. 18) and North Texas (Jan. 29) in the Roundhouse. Road games in the opening month send the Shockers to UTSA (Jan. 11), Memphis (Jan. 23) and Tulsa (Jan. 26).

Road games at Charlotte (Feb. 4) and South Florida (Feb. 9) kick off February. Four of the next five games bring UTSA (Feb. 12), Memphis (Feb. 16), Tulane (Feb. 23) and UAB (Feb. 27) to Wichita, sandwiched around a road trip to Florida Atlantic on Feb. 20.

The final week of the regular season wraps up with road games at North Texas (March 3) and Rice (March 6), and the finale at home vs. Tulsa on March 9.

Times and TV information will be announced in the near future.

Fort Worth, Texas is once again the site of the American Athletic Conference Championship, scheduled for March 12-16 at Dickies Arena.

Season tickets are available now by calling 316-978-FANS (3267) or in-person at the Shocker Ticket Office, open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fans have two opportunities next week to meet the team and take in some preseason hoops with the Tip-off Luncheon on Friday, Oct. 4 and Shocker Madness the following day (Saturday, Oct. 5). Tickets for the Tip-Off Luncheon are available at GoShockers.com/Tickets. Admission is free for Shocker Madness. More information can be found here.

2024-25 Men's Basketball Conference Schedule
                              Friday, Jan. 3 -- at Temple
                              Monday, Jan. 6 -- SOUTH FLORIDA
                              Saturday, Jan. 11 -- at UTSA
                              Tuesday, Jan. 14 -- CHARLOTTE
                              Saturday, Jan. 18 -- EAST CAROLINA

Thursday, Jan. 23 -- at Memphis
                              Sunday, Jan. 26 -- at Tulsa
                              Wednesday, Jan. 29 -- NORTH TEXAS
                              Tuesday, Feb. 4 -- at Charlotte
                              Sunday, Feb. 9 -- at South Florida
                              Wednesday, Feb. 12 -- UTSA
                              Sunday, Feb. 16 -- MEMPHIS

Thursday, Feb. 20 -- at Florida Atlantic
                              Sunday, Feb. 23 -- TULANE
                              Thursday, Feb. 27 -- UAB

Monday, March 3 -- at North Texas
                              Thursday, March 6 -- at Rice
                              Sunday, March 9 -- TULSA
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• 78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X