X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Kinda surprising but I like this.

Playing Minnesota.

can someone tell me what is wrong with my coding?
    I didn't see it, but throw it in chatpgt and ask it to turn it into "bbcode" for ya.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      Likely a Q2 game compared to Florida and Wake being Q1s but also probably the most winnable game so I don't hate it.

Comment

• According to Rothstein we've added a home game against East Tennessee on 12/7.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
          According to Rothstein we've added a home game against East Tennessee on 12/7.

That's a solid last game. Much better than the rumored extra non-d1

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That's a solid last game. Much better than the rumored extra non-d1
            Agreed. Solid buy opponent. ETSU certainly better than ETSY.

That puts the non-con at 12 games doesn't it. Still might be one more game in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Agreed. Solid buy opponent. ETSU certainly better than ETSY.

That puts the non-con at 12 games doesn't it. Still might be one more game in the works.
              I was thinking that was 13 but you are right. Also with someone else mentioning 18 home games, that would be 2 more home games after this. So maybe 1 more buy game and 1 exhibition?

Comment

• Eldridge summarizing non-conference schedule:

Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Alcorn State on Dec 4th is the final buy game. Will obviously need to not lose to them like before .. but will provide an opportunity to hopefully pump the net up if we can be efficient and win big

Comment

Alcorn State on Dec 4th is the final buy game. Will obviously need to not lose to them like before .. but will provide an opportunity to hopefully pump the net up if we can be efficient and win big
                    Much better than another non-D1 game. I'll put my pitchfork back in storage for now.

Comment

• So 18 home games including the exhibition as was rumored earlier in the thread. No IBA game.

Overall B+ Schedule for me.

Only one game in which a team is "guaranteed" to be good which is probably KSU.

WKU, UNI, St Louis, Depaul, ETSU and the 2 orlando games are all schools that have been good and bad in recent years. So could end up being a really good schedule or a very weak one depending on if those teams buck recently trends.

Comment

So 18 home games including the exhibition as was rumored earlier in the thread. No IBA game.

Overall B+ Schedule for me.

Only one game in which a team is "guaranteed" to be good which is probably KSU.

WKU, UNI, St Louis, Depaul, ETSU and the 2 orlando games are all schools that have been good and bad in recent years. So could end up being a really good schedule or a very weak one depending on if those teams buck recently trends.
                        I guess I expect St.Louis to be sneaky good with a good coach and revamped lineup!

Comment

• Wichita State Basketball: Top 3 confirmed non-con opponents for 2024-25 season
                          https://bustingbrackets.com/posts/wi...n-01j6m6qrxe4d

By Tristan Freeman
                          Aug 31, 2024

"In the first year of the Coach Paul Mills era, Wichita State Basketball went 15-19 overall, including five losses in the non-con schedule. With a rebuilt roster, the Shockers are looking to get back into AAC contention. Earlier this week, the non-con schedule for the program has been released. Among the games includes the ESPN Events Invitational, taking on Minnesota before the winner of Florida or Wake Forest. Compared to the rest of the schedule, that game will be the toughest on paper for the Shockers. Here's a look at the three best guaranteed games for Wichita State this season.

3. Minnesota Gophers
                          The Gophers bring back star forward Dawson Garcia, who led the team with 17.6 ppg and 6.7 rpg last season. He and double-digit scoring guard Mike Mitchell are the only key pieces back, with everyone else transferring out. Some key newcomers to watch include Lu'Cye Patterson, Femi Odukale, and forward Frank Mitchell. This is a roster filled with talent but could be vulnerable to an upset bid.

2. Saint Louis Biliikens
                          Saint Louis was one of the worst teams in the A-10 last season but had a complete program makeover, bringing in Coach Josh Schertz from Indiana State. Along with him is 15 ppg guard transfer Isaiah Swope, as well as Robbie Avila, one of the best big men in the country. With sharpshooter Gibson Jimerson back as well, Saint Louis could have one of the best offenses in the sport next season, making them a tough challenge for the Shockers.

1. Kansas State Wildcats
                          It's been a very busy offseason for the Wildcats, landing several big names. That includes Michigan transfer guard Dug McDaniel, along with former Kentucky center Ugonna Onyenso, as well as Coleman Hawkins, a veteran starter for the Illinois Fighting Illini. The offseason pickups may have made Kansas State a top-25 roster for next season and a team that's going to be hard for Wichita State Basketball to beat. But if they can, it'll be the biggest win in the Coach Mills era.​​"

Comment

• Season 'Tip-Off" is now less than 50 days away...
                            at Western Kentucky

Exhibition is 40 days away...
                            vs. Emporia State

"No-So-Secret- Scrimmage" is less than 30 days away...
                            vs. Oklahoma State

"Shocker Madness" is less than 20 days away...
                            vs. Intersquad Scrimmage

"Open Public Practice" is less than one day away...
                            at Charles Koch Arean at 4:00pm.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X