X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Won't be.
    Surely you can't be serious
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Agreed. Really the only unfortunate thing is how late it is after the season starts. Would be good to get those tune-ups in super early if possible. But sometimes ya get what ya get.
      I get what you’re saying, but the first game after the Christmas holiday is not a bad place for one either.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I get what you’re saying, but the first game after the Christmas holiday is not a bad place for one either.
        That and the fact that it will give the end of the bench a little court time mid season. A chance to see how the back half have progressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Surely you can't be serious
          I am serious, and don't call me Surely.

Comment

• I feel like Brian Green and Paul Mills are total opposites. And it's pretty easy to see which way each program is trending and how that corresponds to their personalities.
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Good point. Gotta shake the turducken off.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                I feel like Brian Green and Paul Mills are total opposites. And it's pretty easy to see which way each program is trending and how that corresponds to their personalities.
                Well they have different personalities, but the rebuild of the basketball program was/is a tougher situation. Siri and Pelf left enough studs to work with. If HCPM gets us to the NCAA's in year two, that's outstanding considering where we were. Even if we are on the outside looking in, it's a solid trajectory. Time will tell but the future is looking bright(er) so far!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• What is the benefit to playing two non-D1 games instead of playing games that actually count towards your NCAAT resume?

If the goal for this senior-laden roster isn't the NCAAT what are we even doing here. Unserious behavior to play multiple non-D1 teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                    What is the benefit to playing two non-D1 games instead of playing games that actually count towards your NCAAT resume?

If the goal for this senior-laden roster isn't the NCAAT what are we even doing here. Unserious behavior to play multiple non-D1 teams.
                    You can't schedule the teams that won't play you. If a team is hoping to be considered for the tourney, it's better to play a game that doesn't count than to play a NET 200+ game that can hurt you. .
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

You can't schedule the teams that won't play you. If a team is hoping to be considered for the tourney, it's better to play a game that doesn't count than to play a NET 200+ game that can hurt you. .
                      Two counter-arguments to that point:

1) Beating low Q3 and Q4 opponents by a lot is beneficial to your NET ranking (see: Iowa State last year)
                      2) WSU has not ostensibly had trouble finding D1 opponents in recent years; however, HCPM scheduled multiple non-D1 opponents each season while at ORU.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Two counter-arguments to that point:

1) Beating low Q3 and Q4 opponents by a lot is beneficial to your NET ranking (see: Iowa State last year)
                        2) WSU has not ostensibly had trouble finding D1 opponents in recent years; however, HCPM scheduled multiple non-D1 opponents each season while at ORU.
                        This. If we do it, it's a choice, not us being forced. Would much rather have a buy game we can beat up that will actually help our NET.

Comment

• I am told there will be18 home games this season.

Comment

• See if I have this correct, and yeah I am probably missing something:

9 Conference Home games
                            9 Conference Away games
                            3 Non-Conference Neutral site games
                            2 Non-Conference Away games
                            6 Non-Conference Home games (so far)

Comment

• EDIT. Check next post.
                              Last edited by WuShock16; 3 weeks ago.
                              78-65

Comment

• 78-65

Comment