No announcement yet.

2024-25 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed this isn't a regular season game. TE says the last two schedule slots will likely be buy games, which leaves me feeling like WSU is a quality game short in their non-con.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Disappointed this isn't a regular season game. TE says the last two schedule slots will likely be buy games, which leaves me feeling like WSU is a quality game short in their non-con.
      Alternate link to Eagle story:
      Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• If this was 5-10 years ago, I would probably agree and be disappointed that we won’t have one more strong game on our schedule. But at this point in our program, we probably need wins more than strong opponents. And perhaps a non-D1 or two so that we minimize metrics anchors.
        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Disappointed this isn't a regular season game. TE says the last two schedule slots will likely be buy games, which leaves me feeling like WSU is a quality game short in their non-con.
          It also means the IBA game is either one of the existing announced "good" games or a buy game. I get the feeling KSU will get moved there

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
            If this was 5-10 years ago, I would probably agree and be disappointed that we won’t have one more strong game on our schedule. But at this point in our program, we probably need wins more than strong opponents. And perhaps a non-D1 or two so that we minimize metrics anchors.
            They are only metric anchors if you slip by them instead of dominate them. It was pretty well proven last year that beating up on bad teams REALLY helps your NET. If we can't dominate bad teams, our metrics don't matter anyways because we wont be in contention for anything important. I'd rather not see more than 1 non-D1. Does nothing to help
            Last edited by Stickboy46; August 2, 2024, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Wichita State-Saint Louis to Meet in 2024 Hall of Fame Classic
              https://goshockers.com/news/2024/8/5...e-classic.aspx

Tickets for the event will go on sale Sept. 10 via the T-Mobile Center box office and https://www.t-mobilecenter.com/

Comment

• The ESPN Events Invitational is an early-season Division 1 college basketball tournament played each November at ESPN Wide World of Sports in Kissimmee, Florida.

image.png

Comment

• Behind Paul Mills’ nonconference scheduling philosophy for Wichita State basketball

BY TAYLOR ELDRIDGE
                  AUGUST 06, 2024 5:02 AM

"It’s no coincidence the Wichita State men’s basketball team will play its first true road game for a season-opener in 32 years this November. The Shockers will begin the 2024-25 season with a road trip to E.A. Diddle Arena to play Western Kentucky on Nov. 4, a deliberate choice by WSU head coach Paul Mills.

A 7-1 start to last season crumbled for WSU once the road games came, as a loss at Missouri on Dec. 3 kicked off a stretch where the Shockers lost 10 out of 11 games. The team didn’t win a road game until the final day of February, the only meaningful road win of the season. “I told our staff, ‘We’re not going to wait until Game 9 like we did last year to figure out if we’re good enough to go into other people’s gyms and win,’” Mills said. “I don’t want to wait until December again to know if we have the people in the locker room or if we’re doing the right things from a coaching staff perspective in order to win road games. You’re eventually going to have to play it, so I wanted to get an answer right away.”..."

image.png

...A shift in scheduling philosophy has seen WSU vacate Intrust Bank Arena, as sources inform The Eagle that the Shockers will not play a game in the downtown arena for the first time (in a full season) since it opened in 2010, and schedule a neutral-site game in Kansas City for the second straight year...."
                  ​​

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    Behind Paul Mills’ nonconference scheduling philosophy for Wichita State basketball

BY TAYLOR ELDRIDGE
                    AUGUST 06, 2024 5:02 AM

"It’s no coincidence the Wichita State men’s basketball team will play its first true road game for a season-opener in 32 years this November. The Shockers will begin the 2024-25 season with a road trip to E.A. Diddle Arena to play Western Kentucky on Nov. 4, a deliberate choice by WSU head coach Paul Mills.

A 7-1 start to last season crumbled for WSU once the road games came, as a loss at Missouri on Dec. 3 kicked off a stretch where the Shockers lost 10 out of 11 games. The team didn’t win a road game until the final day of February, the only meaningful road win of the season. “I told our staff, ‘We’re not going to wait until Game 9 like we did last year to figure out if we’re good enough to go into other people’s gyms and win,’” Mills said. “I don’t want to wait until December again to know if we have the people in the locker room or if we’re doing the right things from a coaching staff perspective in order to win road games. You’re eventually going to have to play it, so I wanted to get an answer right away.”..."

image.png

.a..A shift in scheduling philosophy has seen WSU vacate Intrust Bank Arena, as sources inform The Eagle that the Shockers will not play a game in the downtown arena for the first time (in a full season) since it opened in 2010, and schedule a neutral-site game in Kansas City for the second straight year...."
                    ​​
                    ***clearing throat***
                    78-65

Comment

• So i don't hate the decision to not have an IBA game .. but ... I'm guessing the requirement to host a game there this year for the tourney is no longer a thing?

Comment

• Are we still expecting 1 or 2 additional buy games? Perhap Non-D-1 opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          So i don't hate the decision to not have an IBA game .. but ... I'm guessing the requirement to host a game there this year for the tourney is no longer a thing?
                          This is what's on my mind and I don't know the answer.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• That’s what happens when you start drawing 2500 for games there, while losing to Summit League schools.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

This is what's on my mind and I don't know the answer.
                              According to Taylor, he doesn't think its a requirement anymore.

Also, its near impossible that the NCAA would move the games since its this year. But wonder if it will affect future bids. Though maybe its as simple as that. The games they are hosting this year count for "qualification" for future bids.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Are we still expecting 1 or 2 additional buy games? Perhap Non-D-1 opponents.
                                we have 10 non-con games scheduled. So you have to figure at least 2 more games.

Comment

Working...
                                X