Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU (5-13, 14-18), VS. MEMPHIS 11-7, 22-9) Predictions, and, or Game Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Never a doubt. I've been a BC critic from the start but his stock has tripled in two days. We may not be as desperate for a new PG next season after all. Team playing with a lot of synergy lately. HB recovered from a terrible start to a fine performance. PM's stock rising, as well. All eight guys contributed today. Best win in a long time.
    Last few games have been fun to watch. Still need another proven PG IMHO. I do think Mills has shown he has coaching ability. Not sure what changed. It's easy to just say "guys started making shots" but that is a cheap excuse if you ask me. There has clearly been better movement and guys getting in the right positions. Also not near as much forcing as before.

PM gets criticized for the play before (rightfully so). He definitely gets some credit for the past few games.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Unexpected stat of the day . . . Beverly with 5 blocks.
      10 blocks against a long athletic team like Memphis is a crazy stat

Comment

• They say karma can be a *****, especially when it is so well deserved:

Sunday, January 14th following then #13 ranked Memphis' 112-86 win over the Shocks in Koch Arena.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 14, 2024, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• The rest from here out is gravy. Great way to finish the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Last few games have been fun to watch. Still need another proven PG IMHO. I do think Mills has shown he has coaching ability. Not sure what changed. It's easy to just say "guys started making shots" but that is a cheap excuse if you ask me. There has clearly been better movement and guys getting in the right positions. Also not near as much forcing as before.

PM gets criticized for the play before (rightfully so). He definitely gets some credit for the past few games.
            Early in the season we were missing lots of shots because we were taking forced, bad shots based on 1 on 1 play. We've been creating for each other and the shooting has improved appropriately. So yes, he's definitely getting credit for adjusting.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              No Lions, But Owls (1 gone), and Tigers, Oh My. Rice is no Memphis! But wait? Late in January this happened. Rice-74 Memphis 71. In Wichita, the Tigers were ferocious and were Hot. In Memphis, the Shockers were raining black and yellow rain for about 38 minutes on the Tiger parade, but went silent in OT.

Colby has scored 22, 29, 25, and 29 in the last 4 games. N. Tomlin has made a positive difference for Memphis. It would be a shot in the arm to defeat Memphis and J. Walton. To do so will require the best of our Shocker best efforts and execution. DeGray and our beloved Shocks will open the Tigers famished mouth, look courageously inside, take the Tigers by the tail, Declaw them, and shatter their dancing dreams. No sweeping us Thrice please.

WSU. 77

Memphis 74
              There will be another prediction/game discussion, maybe more if we can sweep UAB.. I get tired and sick when I underestimate these Shockers. Muhahahaha.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I freaking loved the play call to Ballard when we got down late. That was pure poetry. Double high screen and roll. Yeah Babay!!!! And QB was fired up. Love it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  The rest from here out is gravy. Great way to finish the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Early in the season we were missing lots of shots because we were taking forced, bad shots based on 1 on 1 play. We've been creating for each other and the shooting has improved appropriately. So yes, he's definitely getting credit for adjusting.
                    It looks like HCPM is coordinating a ton mid-play when WSU is on offense.

Comment

• OK. So I avoided the game for most of the 2md half. My old heart just couldn't take it, that we might clown the clownees. I have nothing to say. So I'll let me pictures say it for me.
                      I'll never watch the second half again.

Comment

• That last lob to Q… got bumped across the back of the head. Should have been and 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I freaking loved the play call to Ballard when we got down late. That was pure poetry. Double high screen and roll. Yeah Babay!!!! And QB was fired up. Love it!!!
                          Was a perfect "settle down" play call.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                            Could you imagine if that was Penny Hardaway's last game as HC of the Tigers?

Very proud of these young men. They played their hearts out today!!
                            And the Shockers ended his career. Yes!
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Unexpected stat of the day . . . Beverly with 5 blocks.
                              And That stat jumps off the page.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Call up Lance Armstrong and get our guys some EPO.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X