Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

That's partially true, but not fully. Spoelstra and Ty Lue were just fine with him. Guys like Darvin Ham and David Blatt were 100% completely clueless and didn't deserve to keep their jobs. That's only on Lebron because the dude is so good and anything less then winning is acceptable.
    I'm just imagining a Hurley level tirade directed at Bronny ... Somehow I don't think that would go over well with Dad lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm just imagining a Hurley level tirade directed at Bronny ... Somehow I don't think that would go over well with Dad lol
      I just don't think that's a winning way to coach pros. Everyone is an adult in the room, and it's a workplace.

Now, I think Bronny isn't either of those, really - a pro or an adult. He could use some Hurley tirades, at the college level.
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• double post on accident
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Memphis story on 4 transfers. Credits Colby "Jones" having 2 years at WSU.
          Hopefully he'll be Jonesing for Wichita State at the end of next season.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. – The University of Memphis men’s basketball program and head coach Penny Hardaway announced Thursday the official signings of four transfers to the 2024-25 squad. PJ Haggerty (Tulsa), Dain Danija (Illinois), Colby Rogers (Wichita State) and Tyrese Hunter (Texas) make up the first batch of the new-look Tigers. PJ HAGGERTY The 6-foot-3 guard will join the Tigers after spending last season at […]
          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post
            Memphis story on 4 transfers. Credits Colby "Jones" having 2 years at WSU.
            Hopefully he'll be Jonesing for Wichita State at the end of next season.

https://sports.yahoo.com/memphis-off...ycsrp_catchall
            He kinda screwed us over. Used up two years of scholarships for just one year of playing. Then used the extra year of eligibility (that we paid for) to transfer to our most hated conference foe.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

He kinda screwed us over. Used up two years of scholarships for just one year of playing. Then used the extra year of eligibility (that we paid for) to transfer to our most hated conference foe.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I kind hope his stats crater like Jaykwon Walton’s did. Don’t like wishing ill will on people, but Colby is playing at his 4th school. The dude is chasing rainbows.

Comment

• 12.1 points and 6.1 rebounds get a player $2 million. His agents made the announcement publicly - probably in an effort to get more clients. That also means players considering the portal saw that it only takes "decent" stats to get multi-million $$ deals. It's K-State paying the $2 mill, and K-State sn't considered one of the wealthy schools.

At least we will get a chance to see the 2 million dollar man.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    12.1 points and 6.1 rebounds get a player $2 million. His agents made the announcement publicly - probably in an effort to get more clients. That also means players considering the portal saw that it only takes "decent" stats to get multi-million $$ deals. It's K-State paying the $2 mill, and K-State sn't considered one of the wealthy schools.

At least we will get a chance to see the 2 million dollar man.

https://www.kwch.com/2024/06/14/illi...arn-2-million/
                    2 years in a row we get to face a 2 million dollar transfer (KU and Dickinson last year)

Comment

• A fool and his money are soon parted.

Lots of fools in that article, named and unnamed.

Comment

• If Kansas tax payers are in any way shape or form paying for that stupidity ...
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• A question with the rules as they stand now. Can disgruntled players leave after 1st semester, and then immediately 2nd semester play another Div. 1 team?
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                            A question with the rules as they stand now. Can cash-hungry players leave after 1st semester, and then immediately 2nd semester play another Div. 1 team?
                            FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              A question with the rules as they stand now. Can disgruntled players leave after 1st semester, and then immediately 2nd semester play another Div. 1 team?
                              Good question. My answer based on the KState to Memphis transfer would be yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Good question. My answer based on the KState to Memphis transfer would be yes.
                                The difference with that was that KSU released him. Not saying that you are not ultimately correct, but the scenario was a little bit bit different.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X