Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
    I'm calling BS to the 2 million. Name the company offering or at least the school.
    Someone just wants to make it a feel good story.
    North Carolina wouldn't surprise me. I don't know what kind of money they have around there to throw around. Though now that I think about it, Georgetown has a lot of wealthy alumni that could make an effort like that.

Alabama seems to be better suited to make another run than those two though.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      The key is to offer them 2 million.... But don't tell them until after they sign it's 2 million pesos
      Dollhairs.

Comment

• toy-yoda-toyota-hooters-prank-gone-wrong-jodee-berry-12-5dd8fe3af091f__700.jpg Jodee Berry expected a brand new Toyota after winning a contest, but was presented with a toy Yoda instead - and she sued her employer, Hooters.

A Story About A Waitress Who Sued Hooters For Giving Her A Toy Yoda Instead Of Toyota Is Going Viral Again | Bored Panda

Comment

• Saw elsewhere the term "MemphEx" and I have another play on that. Considering how many players on the Memphis roster will be from other AAC schools, call them the Memphis Exes.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• All my exes live in Memphex.............that's why I hang my hat in the AAC.

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I kinda expected an announcement today..........

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  I kinda expected an announcement today..........
                  The later we get into the transfer cycle the more I worry about P5 schools throwing money at players in whom they previously weren't interested.

Comment

• I know we got Hill weeks after he visited .. but in general its not a good sign when players don't commit during or shortly after visits. So probably should be looking at who else we are going after.

*still very possible they are just going through the official process before announcing (like making sure they can get enrolled etc)

Comment

• Time kills all deals.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        I kinda expected an announcement today..........
                        I think really anytime this week is pretty normal, but if we go a whole week with no new commitments you gotta think maybe they didn't land their guys. I know TE said they would like to have all the spots filled before June when camps begin. With the portal closed I'm sure all schools are a bit more frantic and using everything left in their arsenal to round out their rosters.

Comment

• I think we'll be able to Peacock around here pretty soon if you catch my drift

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post
                            I think we'll be able to Peacock around here pretty soon if you catch my drift
                            Don't you go toying with my emotions here

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post
                              I think we'll be able to Peacock around here pretty soon if you catch my drift
                              Are you saying the AAC is signing a deal for games to be aired on Peacock?

ESPN is screwed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                I know we got Hill weeks after he visited .. but in general its not a good sign when players don't commit during or shortly after visits. So probably should be looking at who else we are going after.

*still very possible they are just going through the official process before announcing (like making sure they can get enrolled etc)
                                Yeah I hear ya. I also wonder if now kids (and their families) are doing like working adults do when considering job offers and giving other schools time to maybe offer more? Assuming NIL is playing the kind of role everyone seems to say it does. I don't like it if that is the case, but with the current situation the NCAA is in, it wouldn't surprise me.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X