Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
    for one year?
    And is it guaranteed? And exactly how does anyone use this kid's name, image, and likeness to generate $400,000 worth of value?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

And is it guaranteed? And exactly how does anyone use this kid's name, image, and likeness to generate $400,000 worth of value?
      I still believe the majority of the NIL numbers being thrown around are exaggerated. My late father always told me to believe 50% of what I hear.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        My late father always told me to believe 50% of what I hear.
        How can you be sure which 50% that statement falls into?

Comment

• The FedEx guy has to start throwing my packages at my porch from 5 feet further away in order to cut sufficient time and expenses to fund Memphis' NIL.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• What does FedEx get in return from the Memphis players? Do they do some sort of local fedex Memphis commercial or something? Or does fedex just shell out the bucks and say here ya go.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Better players, more games on tv, more games at Fed Ex arena?

Comment

• Also: goodwill in the community, attracting more execs to Memphis, etc. This is why the Waltons have put so much money into NWA.

These are also reasons why some Wichita companies that cast a national net for execs should get on board with donating chunks to WSU. Wichita is a better place when WSU basketball is doing well.
                Last edited by rjl; 4 weeks ago.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                  Also: goodwill in the community, attracting more execs to Memphis, etc. This is why the Waltons have put so much money into NWA.

These are also reasons why some Wichita companies that cast a national net for execs should get on board with donating chunks to WSU. Wichita is a better place when WSU basketball is doing well.
                  Last sentence… “that’s the fact Jack!”
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• A couple of notable AAC portal entrants:

USF's Selton Miguel (their 2nd leading scorer)

Memphis' Ashton Hardaway is leaving daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                      At the time of the F4 I truly believe this was the case. I remember on business trips continually being stopped across the country just because I was wearing WSU gear. You can argue Wichita has never been on a bigger positive stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

At the time of the F4 I truly believe this was the case. I remember on business trips continually being stopped across the country just because I was wearing WSU gear. You can argue Wichita has never been on a bigger positive stage.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• 1449 as of 6 pm

Comment

• Remember when we used to say, "man, that kid is gonna be good in a year or two"?

Now it's" man he needs to transfer to a lower level and we need to upgrade the talent at that position ".

Sad!!

Comment

• And when we used to say those sophomores are already good, we are set for the next couple of years.

Also sad!!

Comment

• The “look at me” portal was quiet this weekend as the entrants would’ve been upstaged by the Final Four and ignored on social media. Next week and the week after should be interesting as we see current players being recruited over in many programs which will cause more unhappiness and start the cycle again.

Comment

Working...
                                X