Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We both support them... We just have different viewpoints of what the support should be.
    I'm calling out an outright lie on this one. You DO NOT support him or you wouldn't be constantly pointing out that he's a failure. You do that without any knowledge of the situation he was facing when he got here.

You do not support Mills. You support your own tired bias and ONLY your own tired bias. You have cursed this board with your negative and uninformed bias for over a year.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• A quick peek at a couple online portal boards seems to show a very low percentage of commitments so far, like 2-3% of the total in the portal.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Is Peetiford trying to match THE PROCESS??? The NEXT school will be his fourth....
        same with Colby Rogers

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
          A quick peek at a couple online portal boards seems to show a very low percentage of commitments so far, like 2-3% of the total in the portal.
          they all think they're going to play for UNC or Duke

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

they all think they're going to play for UNC or Duke
            I think many used to think that. They now think they will go to a school and get paid millions of dollars. It is all a product of AAU, NIL, bad handlers with terrible advice, and parental figures who won't check their a$$es.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
              A quick peek at a couple online portal boards seems to show a very low percentage of commitments so far, like 2-3% of the total in the portal.
              Same for the women. 763 in the portal; 33 transfers of which 10 are D1 to non-D1.

Players have until May 1 to enter the portal. NCAA and NIT tournaments still in progress for both the men and women.

I suspect that at this point it is primarily a contact, expression of interest and evaluation period to try to create a target list to focus on. I guess that can be a two-way process. Coaching staffs contacting players and vice versa. And, of course, the cream of the crop will be playing off the best offers against each other to squeeze out the best financial deal possible.

Deadline for commitments is what, the last day of enrollment for the fall semester?

The chronology of HCPM's transfer portal commitments last year were:
              April 13th: Jacob Germany and Harland Beverly
              April 21st: Bijan Cortes
              May 5th: Ronnie DeGray III
              May 13th: Kenny Pohto (Removed Name From Portal)
              August 3rd: Dalen Ridgnal

Non-transfer portal commitments were:
              April 24th: Joy Ighovodja
              July 12th: Yanis Bamba
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  The WSU staff has definitely been making contact with transfer guys. I assume it takes some time on both parties part to see if there is a fit and grow some type of relationship before signing a guy. That time will probably vary greatly player to player.

Even after we know a kid signs, we have no idea of his potential until we actually see them play. Stats can be deceiving in many ways, so I don't put much hope on a guy with great stats or doubt a guy with not so good stats. Patience is a tough task for all of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

great movie. Funny memes.

With surgery and better grooming these days 10/10 actresses are a dime a dozen. There are 100 waitresses in Hollywood every bit as hot as Margot Robbie. In the ‘70’s and ‘80’s babes like this were truly unicorns.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      With surgery and better grooming these days 10/10 actresses are a dime a dozen. There are 100 waitresses in Hollywood every bit as hot as Margot Robbie. In the ‘70’s and ‘80’s babes like this were truly unicorns.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Wait, what? You people get out of bed before 7:30 am?

I'm still dreaming until the alarm goes off at 7:30.

Just curious, did you spoon that dude all night thinking he was the chicks in your dream? Hope it wasn't wet.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                          That's what makes vintage Monday's so much fun for me.

Larri Thomas (1955)

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Just curious, did you spoon that dude all night thinking he was the chicks in your dream? Hope it wasn't wet.

Comment

• 1151 as of 5:30 today

Comment

• We just need at least 3 or include Juco stars in the equations.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X