Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    The fact that Joy and Mamba are still here says a lot about Mills' loyalty to players he recruits. It seems that in years past players in their situations were in the portal, and I don't think that was their decision.
    Loyal to a fault? To their court time detriment or his "performance" detriment. Neither have a positive outcome assuming the "players want to play" and his coaching job may be on the line. I believe it does take some balancing.

Comment

• Huge huge get for Mills and staff and not done yet!

Comment

• I just want to see the Shocks win their home games. That would be a marked improvement. Find ways to win road games you should win, and "steal" a win from one or two teams you shouldn't (like Memphis and SMU last year I guess).

Comment

• Seem like Coach Mills is on track to a decent portal pilfering effort. AJ McGinnis and Justin Hill committed. If he can closed the sale on Corey Washington and Szymon Zapala I for one would feel like Coach Mills and staff will have done a very solid job, especially considering the NIL resources they seem to be working with.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sick and tired of seeing Calipari (Arkansas) and Kentucky (Pope) 'mugs' in my feeds...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sick and tired of seeing Calipari (Arkansas) and Kentucky (Pope) 'mugs' in my feeds...

Neither has been on any feed of mine. I've only seen them when I go to ESPN and even then, not much.

Do you obsess over them so much that the algorithms think you want to see them?
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Neither has been on any feed of mine. I've only seen them when I go to ESPN and even then, not much.

Do you obsess over them so much that the algorithms think you want to see them?
                  No, I don't even click on them, but somethings causing it.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Tulane takes a big portal hit. Apparently also has a no-contact tag. Probably going to Memphis.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Tulane takes a big portal hit. Apparently also has a no-contact tag. Probably going to Memphis.

Speaking of big portal hits... Guy posted a video a month ago announcing he would be returning to Charlotte. I don't blame fans for being pissed off.

Comment

• Comment

• I can appreciate and also have some relaxed comfort knowing that we’ll likely have a complete roster going into the summer. Great to have a full roster for summer pickup games, camaraderie, and build some teamwork etc..

However, in this transfer crazy age, it would be handy to rathole a scholarship back. There is that occasional late transfer that shows up in July, looking for a place to play.

Again, very happy to have (or hopefully soon to have) a full roster though.

Comment

• We only have one legit big man in QB. While a great defender he has almost zero back to the basket game and is a below average rebounder given his size and length. We need TWO frontline additions or KP back. Washington should be a good stretch four. Kind of wondering if Joy and Bamba will fit in with all the guards we have. I am not encouraged about next year yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                              We only have one legit big man in QB. While a great defender he has almost zero back to the basket game and is a below average rebounder given his size and length. We need TWO frontline additions or KP back. Washington should be a good stretch four. Kind of wondering if Joy and Bamba will fit in with all the guards we have. I am not encouraged about next year yet.
                              Respectfully, I don’t know why you’re so focused on KO. He showed toward the end of the year, multiple times, that he did not want to be here. I would’ve been fine to keep the bevinning of year version of him, but am hard pass on him because it’ll be better for us and better for him.

i think Washington will be great, and if there’s potential for some sort of two big man play between Ballard and the other 7 footer, I’d be intrigued to see it. There’s a lot that could be done with two 7 footers inside the paint.

This all being said, we’re so guard heavy this year that I anticipate some small ball play with Ballard defending the paint which has some potential.

Like you, I’m not quite there on next year. But I don’t think KP is the answer. I’m just waiting to see who the final two additions are as it’s gonna be really important to patch the holes. Thankfully, the most important hole is fixed at PG.

That’s my rambling thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                                I can appreciate and also have some relaxed comfort knowing that we’ll likely have a complete roster going into the summer. Great to have a full roster for summer pickup games, camaraderie, and build some teamwork etc..

However, in this transfer crazy age, it would be handy to rathole a scholarship back. There is that occasional late transfer that shows up in July, looking for a place to play.

Again, very happy to have (or hopefully soon to have) a full roster though.
                                Unless they entered the portal by today .. they won't be eligible to play next year. Basically no waivers allowed at this point. Even grad transfers have to be in the portal by today. So if someone is still out there in July AND would be eligible next year its because he either wasn't pursued or didn't make a decision for 2-3 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X