Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You pretty much have to make some offers if you expect signees. I think we have only made one or two unlikely offers. I am not encouraged. Two pretty significant losses and no additions.

Comment

• I don't know if he mows his own lawn, but if so, that's going to add another couple hours to his already full schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I mean every time I have started a new job employers have been understanding that there is some adjustment period. Maybe I have just had good employers.
        When I transferred fro Wichita to Austin within the same company, they gave me 20K and 1 month off with pay for the move.

I just get tired of seeing the same people hammer away at mills every chance they get. They will say they support him and will give him a chance, but criticize everything he does. Even when they don't know what he's doing (like recruiting efforts) they ***** like they are entitled to know who he's recruiting and the status updates of those possibilities. I'm not sure, but I believe there are still rules in place about mentioning recruits until they sign with your team. Any news on a recruit generally comes from a recruits social media.
        But stick needs to know. He has hours on end to stay busy behind his computer with all things shocker basketball. He has to carry the lead and argue relentlessly with anyone who disagrees. Like I've said before, he is exactly like one of my brothers, who I loved dearly, but man, could he drive you nuts with his all knowing argumentative ways. Sticks probably a good guy, but he drives me nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

When I transferred fro Wichita to Austin within the same company, they gave me 20K and 1 month off with pay for the move.

I just get tired of seeing the same people hammer away at mills every chance they get. They will say they support him and will give him a chance, but criticize everything he does. Even when they don't know what he's doing (like recruiting efforts) they ***** like they are entitled to know who he's recruiting and the status updates of those possibilities. I'm not sure, but I believe there are still rules in place about mentioning recruits until they sign with your team. Any news on a recruit generally comes from a recruits social media.
          But stick needs to know. He has hours on end to stay busy behind his computer with all things shocker basketball. He has to carry the lead and argue relentlessly with anyone who disagrees. Like I've said before, he is exactly like one of my brothers, who I loved dearly, but man, could he drive you nuts with his all knowing argumentative ways. Sticks probably a good guy, but he drives me nuts.
          Life is a simulation and there are no variables. As long as you follow the exact same routine, sit in the exact same spot on the couch, drink the exact same coffee at 6:17.55am, and poop at 6:45am, every thing falls into place.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Some recent or (I think) previously unmentioned AAC portal entrants:

Justin Edwards - 19 PPG from UNT. Big loss.

Bobby Pettiford - 8 PPG from ECU. That's six for them.

Daniel Ortiz - 7 PPG from UAB.

Kolby King - 10 PPG from Tulane

Mekhi Mason, Alem Huseinovic, Keanu Dawes - 28 combined PPG for Rice. Six portal entrants for them, which is understandable after a coaching change.

Charlotte also has six portal entrants (30 PPG loss from 3 players in their regular rotation), a year after promoting their assistant coach.

Comment

• Dawes is interesting. He has good size as a 3/4 and can stretch the floor. He's only played 1 year (I think) and is from Houston, where Mills has connections. I don't see him being coveted by big time schools at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Life is a simulation and there are no variables. As long as you follow the exact same routine, sit in the exact same spot on the couch, drink the exact same coffee at 6:17.55am, and poop at 6:45am, every thing falls into place.
                Album: Live In Luxembourg At L'Inoui, https://www.bigdaddywilson.com/, Lyrics: walk a mile in my shoes Then you know how I feelwalk a mile in my shoesBefore...

Comment

Oh I agree 100%

To me...THIS NEXT year is the year we have got to see some movement/momentum/improvement. Even if marginal. No excuses next year, although I am not going to expect unrealistic miracles either.

I am 9 months in to my new job and I am still working on adjusting some. My employer has been more than patient and even got rid of a department on my suggestion because they understood my vision and want to give me that opportunity knowing it wouldn't happen overnight.

Oh and I also understand that we likely wont hear ANYTHING about offers, or recruits...etc until it happens. Which is definitely frustrating. But as long as it comes together before November....who am I to tell him how to do his job?
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Some recent or (I think) previously unmentioned AAC portal entrants:

Justin Edwards - 19 PPG from UNT. Big loss.

Bobby Pettiford - 8 PPG from ECU. That's six for them.

Daniel Ortiz - 7 PPG from UAB.

Kolby King - 10 PPG from Tulane

Mekhi Mason, Alem Huseinovic, Keanu Dawes - 28 combined PPG for Rice. Six portal entrants for them, which is understandable after a coaching change.

Charlotte also has six portal entrants (30 PPG loss from 3 players in their regular rotation), a year after promoting their assistant coach.
                    Is Peetiford trying to match THE PROCESS??? The NEXT school will be his fourth....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Dawes is interesting. He has good size as a 3/4 and can stretch the floor. He's only played 1 year (I think) and is from Houston, where Mills has connections. I don't see him being coveted by big time schools at this point.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2024/...ah-basketball/
                      Yes, he is just a freshman. Maybe an upgrade from Abidde, with a bit more upside.

Comment

Oh, I didn't realize PMs wife was meeting with all of his old team, new team as well as hiring his staff. I guess he had nothing to do with the sale of his old house, finding a new home or any of that. So, I guess you're right, he should have recruits on the books week 1 and taken the time to keep you(stick) informed of his every recruiting move, Because you need to know what's going on.
                        Now it all makes sense.
                        Lol this is an extra pathetic attempt at a come back. Just stop man. Can't wait to see what insane excuses you come up with this year if results don't improve

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I mean every time I have started a new job employers have been understanding that there is some adjustment period. Maybe I have just had good employers.
                          Depends. If you were hired on in the middle of a critical project with a deadline (like Mills was) then you likely would have gotten less flexibility

Comment

You are right. We should have given Mills a bonus and a month off. What were we thinking. He needed time to figure out where his favorite grocery store is at.

You may get tired of people expecting results from a coach being paid 7 figures... But a lot of people are tired of hearing the most insane excuses made for him.

Ultimately he either wins or he's fired. So let's hope he doesn't have the same lax attitude as you where being the Shocker basketball coach is 12th on his priority list

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Depends. If you were hired on in the middle of a critical project with a deadline (like Mills was) then you likely would have gotten less flexibility
                              I definitely had some tough deadlines. Which is why I demolished a department that really wasn't adding the value they thought it was and now am adding other departments that add more value.

They saw my vision and my experience and gave me the space and time to work. Even though initially it actually hurt revenue. By the end of this year (after my first year with the company) they will see the payoff.

So hopefully we see more payoff during his 2nd year.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• SN Mens BB board in the offseason:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X