Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

And like it or not ..we NEEDED to lose people from this senior class. So it meant no matter what we would be losing people that some/many people were already attached to. Going into next year with 7 (or more) seniors would have been disastrous for Mills and the program IMO
    Yeah you are right. Have to build toward something with his guys. Good or bad we will find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Yeah you are right. Have to build toward something with his guys. Good or bad we will find out.
      IMO, its not even a His Guys vs an HCIB's guys. Its just replacing 7 or more people in year three would be hard to swallow. If this year is as bad as last .. then how do you handle year 3? with a nearly entirely new team ... and not from transferring, but from graduation ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

And like it or not ..we NEEDED to lose people from this senior class. So it meant no matter what we would be losing people that some/many people were already attached to. Going into next year with 7 (or more) seniors would have been disastrous for Mills and the program IMO
        Agree, bad numbers, the math didn’t work.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
          If he goes to Kansas he can kiss any small amount of goodwill he built in our community goodbye
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

If he goes to Kansas he can kiss any small amount of goodwill he built in our community goodbye
            Nah most of those KU faithful that post on Shocker Faithful will still love and support him. LMAO
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

KU desperately needs a spot up shooter. That's the one thing I heard from my KU friends all year.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                Program continues to slide with loss of two key components
                You wild if you think Pohto is a loss
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Honestly, I think if Mills retains all of the guys he brought in last year I think that's a really positive sign. Really interested to see what talent level comes in. This is an extremely crucial year for Mills and while Colby was not a fun one to lose I think we're setup about as well as you can be from last year with 4 big spots open to upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Eh. It feels worse than it is because of the coaching changes. If we have some success that will certainly help a lot. I also assume this is in relation to Colby and not Kenny. Because I don't really think Kenny falls into that category.
                    Definitely Colby. With all due respect to KP, this was the best outcome for best parties imo

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCount View Post

Honestly, I think if Mills retains all of the guys he brought in last year I think that's a really positive sign. Really interested to see what talent level comes in. This is an extremely crucial year for Mills and while Colby was not a fun one to lose I think we're setup about as well as you can be from last year with 4 big spots open to upgrade.
                      Agree. I know it’s possible to win with the right talent, but having some continuity is huge as well.

Comment

• Never liked KP. He was inconsistent and soft. Colby can hit 3’s. Rest of his game is bad and he’d jack up some terrible shots that would remind me of Tyson

Comment

• I can't see Beverly, Degray, Bell or Cortes leaving. They are all playing a much more important role on this team than what they had previously. It would be a huge gamble to throw that away for a lateral or downward move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            I can't see Beverly, Degray, Bell or Cortes leaving. They are all playing a much more important role on this team than what they had previously. It would be a huge gamble to throw that away for a lateral or downward move.
                            I wouldn’t want them to leave. There is no guarantee we upgrade from any of those guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

I wouldn’t want them to leave. There is no guarantee we upgrade from any of those guys.
                              If we can't upgrade on those four then we're destined for suckitude. None of those guys have shown to be worthy of a starting spot on a good AAC level team.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCount View Post

Honestly, I think if Mills retains all of the guys he brought in last year I think that's a really positive sign. Really interested to see what talent level comes in. This is an extremely crucial year for Mills and while Colby was not a fun one to lose I think we're setup about as well as you can be from last year with 4 big spots open to upgrade.
                                I'm 50/50 on that. Yes, he kept them, but the ones he "kept" from last year really didn't do anything noteworthy. They were bad most of the year with only Cortes and Beverly showing anything worthwhile, but only for a couple games of the year. Its easier to keep guys that aren't in demand. Mills went 50% on those this year by keeping Ballard but losing Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                                X