Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a thread where there are complaints about not having enough NIL money to keep/attract talent, maybe we shouldn’t post ways to circumvent a paywall to read content by one of the best beat writers around.

He probably won’t see a penny of what is paid, but I would guess clicks/metrics are considered when tough calls on staffing are made.

Comment

• So you are saying if someone leaves the back door unlocked and you find your way in and take some property it might still be like theft?

How old fashioned.

Comment

• Do you think we might find a backup center in the portal?

NCAA D1 Hockey Transfer Portal

https://gopherpucklive.com/transfer-portal/

Comment

• I thought heading into this week that Kenny was likely going to be in the portal.

Certainly still possible. Particularly with QB coming back.

Do others think the same? Would gladly have him back. But he seems like the best candidate to move on that’s left - IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I don't know for sure, but if I were to guess, I believe the coaches and administration encourage it to provide confidence on the team and the fan base. Otherwise, we here on SN would speculate and create rumors that could be destabilizing to the team.
            I suppose that makes some sense. It's just weird though cause to me in my mind it makes me think that players (a lot of players) are thinking about tranferring thus destabilizing the teams stabilization even before said "announcement" attempts to stabilize the already existing destabilization.

It's like everything is destabilzed unless you play in a P5. ​​
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              it makes me think that players (a lot of players) are thinking about tranferring thus destabilizing the teams stabilization even before said "announcement" attempts to stabilize the already existing destabilization.

Kamala.... Is that really you?

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                I suppose that makes some sense. It's just weird though cause to me in my mind it makes me think that players (a lot of players) are thinking about tranferring thus destabilizing the teams stabilization even before said "announcement" attempts to stabilize the already existing destabilization.

Eh, it is not uncommon at all. It depends on the player and their personality. I used to not really like the "I am coming back" announcements, either. But in a world where all the guys who transfer get the love on social media from their new fanbase - I am down with celebrating a guy who is coming back if that is the kind of attention he wants. Doesn't bother me.

Comment

• Everybody lamenting the fact that CR is in the Portal but that doesn't mean he is gone. I look at the Portal as a look at Free Agency and perhaps every player that thinks he could get a better deal should look at it and decide what is best for him. I want players to be compensated but I also want players that actually WANT to be here. Very hard though to tell loyalty vs mercenary motives for a player to be anywhere. Love the fact that QB is showing a high level of character but Craig Porter went to the Portal and came back to be a fan favorite his last year.. NIL and the lack of a substantial NIL collective has college sports pretty skewed at this point. As always...Go Shocks

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Kamala.... Is that really you?
                    If there would have been language included like, “the significance of the passage of time”, I would say you were on to something and just nailed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      Everybody lamenting the fact that CR is in the Portal but that doesn't mean he is gone. I look at the Portal as a look at Free Agency and perhaps every player that thinks he could get a better deal should look at it and decide what is best for him. I want players to be compensated but I also want players that actually WANT to be here. Very hard though to tell loyalty vs mercenary motives for a player to be anywhere. Love the fact that QB is showing a high level of character but Craig Porter went to the Portal and came back to be a fan favorite his last year.. NIL and the lack of a substantial NIL collective has college sports pretty skewed at this point. As always...Go Shocks
                      I would normally agree that CR might come back with a better NIL deal. However TJ Williams has picked #4 as his number so that tells me something.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          I tell you what these last two background pieces on Quincy and Dalen have been quite heartwarming and also inspirational.

Thank you to Taylor for his work, but the real thanks I think goes to the nurturing of Mama Regina in Quincy's case and Aunt Charmain in Dalen's case.

Where Quincy is today is even more amazing considering where he came from basketball-wise.
                          X1,000,000

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

I would normally agree that CR might come back with a better NIL deal. However TJ Williams has picked #4 as his number so that tells me something.
                            What's with the number thing? Superstition? Most memorable numbers anyone can recall? For me it was Carl Lemons #0. And I think James Bunch was 55. Don't know why those stand out in my memory, but as long as I live I will never forget the number 34

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

What's with the number thing? Superstition? Most memorable numbers anyone can recall? For me it was Carl Lemons #0. And I think James Bunch was 55. Don't know why those stand out in my memory, but as long as I live I will never forget the number 34
                              There was someone who wore 00 too. Maybe at the same time as Carl.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

There was someone who wore 00 too. Maybe at the same time as Carl.
                                Ozell Jones 00

Comment

Working...
                                X