No announcement yet.

2024 American Men's Basketball Championship Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      I'll be watching our level of effort, each players, whether they fold their tents or not when the prize for winning is another Memphis butt kicking
      I agree that is worth watching. I have to give the Lady Shocks WBB team credit. They had just as bad a season as he guys but they certainly did not fold their tents. Now whether or not Coach Nooner can retain the services of his key returning players for next year is the next question.

Comment

God. The last thing I want is for Memphis to send us home. I’d be so beyond happy if we wrecked their season and then went home. That’s all it’d take for me to call this year a win hahahha

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I agree that is worth watching. I have to give the Lady Shocks WBB team credit. They had just as bad a season as he guys but they certainly did not fold their tents. Now whether or not Coach Nooner can retain the services of his key returning players for next year is the next question.
          I listened to parts of both their tourney games( not really on purpose) and I KNOW they had a rugged year, but they seem to have a few building blocks

Comment

Look on the bright side, if the season ends Wednesday then Mills gets more time to recruit...since he was so much at a disadvantage last season...That should count for something right?

Comment

It's hard to believe that this years tournament will have higher attendance than last years because Houston is gone, along with Cinci and UCF. Might be an eyesore to those who take precious time to watch (worse than last year). That's preaching to the choir though...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                Look on the bright side, if the season ends Wednesday then Mills gets more time to recruit...since he was so much at a disadvantage last season...That should count for something right?
                My understanding the a lot of coaches pretty recruit throughout the season including in the post-game handshake lines. Some of the really accomplished recruiters are quite good at slight of hand tricks as they pass something to the best opposing players as they go through the handshake lines.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  It's hard to believe that this years tournament will have higher attendance than last years because Houston is gone, along with Cinci and UCF. Might be an eyesore to those who take precious time to watch (worse than last year). That's preaching to the choir though...
                  North Texas should draw a decent crowd at least considering their campus is located 35 minutes from the arena. I know they've brought solid crowds to the CUSA tournament (located in Frisco, Texas) in years past. I don't think UCF ever really brought a big fanbase and Cincy didn't draw well either once their performance dipped.

All that said, it's pretty idiotic the AAC doesn't put the tournament in a location people actually want to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    Well considering he has a full staff for this full recruiting period as well. Yeah it definitely counts for something since assistants are just a tad important for recruiting as well......
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

North Texas should draw a decent crowd at least considering their campus is located 35 minutes from the arena. I know they've brought solid crowds to the CUSA tournament (located in Frisco, Texas) in years past. I don't think UCF ever really brought a big fanbase and Cincy didn't draw well either once their performance dipped.

All that said, it's pretty idiotic the AAC doesn't put the tournament in a location people actually want to visit.
                      France?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

France?
                        I'm thinking somewhere in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                          God. The last thing I want is for Memphis to send us home. I’d be so beyond happy if we wrecked their season and then went home. That’s all it’d take for me to call this year a win hahahha
                          I'd settle for that!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Agreed. Move it around.

Comment

Comment

I'm thinking somewhere in Florida.
                                They've tried that in the past and attendance sucked.

DFW is about the best location for the majority of the conference to be able to make it without major issues. I never want to see it hosted on a members home court again.

If we didn't suck, there would be plenty of Shocker fans make the trip. I think the problem is most in the conference don't have the fans willing to travel at all. You'd think North Texas would have a good showing. Rice is a small school. UTSA is just bad, but if they ever get decent might help. Memphis fans have little excuse.

If you wanted it more centrally located within the conference, Nashville is probably your best bet. But there are only a couple of schools within reasonable driving distance. If you wanted a destination location, New Orleans might be the best bet. It's home to Tulane, but they don't have that many fans to begin with. A few more schools might find that driveable for fans. Though I'm not sure if the destination matters. It sure didn't when it was held in Orlando.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X