No announcement yet.

2024 American Men's Basketball Championship Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night's loss of Tulane to South Florida moved the Green Waves to the 14th-Seed (last place) and still no new clarity on where the Shockers will end up for the AAC Tournament.

Today's Impact Game's:
    Rice (5-11 AAC) at Charlotte (11-5 AAC)

Shockers (5-12 AAC) are currently an 11th Seed, playing on Thursday. A loss by Rice will move the Shockers up one-seed line to the 10th-Seed, and one-place behind Tulsa.

Comment

11 seed plays Wed. We gotta get to 10 or better to avoid Wed game

Comment

At this point why worry about playing Wednesday? Thinking we might win the tourney is delusional. If we're not going to win the tourney, why not add another winnable game to the schedule. There is a pride thing, but I believe that train left the station and derailed on a bridge quite a while back.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Rice just lost to Charlotte. We’re in the hunt for the 10 seed.

Comment

Rice losing was definitely good for the Shocks. Now beating Tulane assures them of missing the opening round. If WSU wins and Tulsa wins, WSU is the 10 seed. If WSU wins and Tulsa loses then WSU is the 9 seed. If WSU loses they are the 12 seed or worse, regardless of other outcomes.

Unless I've missed something the following seeds are locked:

South Florida is the 1 Seed

North Texas is the 7 Seed
            East Carolina is the 8 Seed

Comment

Overall AAC Seedings as of today - 2024-03-07.jpg

If the Season ended today at 6:00pm. Here are the current Seeds...

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                Overall AAC Seedings as of today - 2024-03-07.jpg

If the Season ended today at 6:00pm. Here are the current Seeds...
                NOT LAST!

Comment

Would we want FAU or USF? I kinda feel like FAU is a better matchup for us, but could be way off.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                    Would we want FAU or USF? I kinda feel like FAU is a better matchup for us, but could be way off.
                    FWIW, the metrics still clearly point to FAU as being the superior squad. USF is like Top 30 in KenPom’s luck factor.

That said, this will be a moot point if WSU doesn’t take care of business tonight. And I have no idea what to expect from this crew.
                    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

FWIW, the metrics still clearly point to FAU as being the superior squad. USF is like Top 30 in KenPom’s luck factor.

That said, this will be a moot point if WSU doesn’t take care of business tonight. And I have no idea what to expect from this crew.
                      Definitely true over the duration of the season, but important to note that USF is 36th in adjusted efficiency over its last 10 games whereas FAU is 60th (per Bart Torvik).

Comment

We can beat anyone (well at least close) or lose to anyone on any given night .. not sure a matchup matters with this team and its lack of consistency.

Comment

I don't like the matchup vs UNT but at this point, I wanna see us go out with another road victory tonight

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Rice losing was definitely good for the Shocks. Now beating Tulane assures them of missing the opening round. If WSU wins and Tulsa wins, WSU is the 10 seed. If WSU wins and Tulsa loses then WSU is the 9 seed. If WSU loses they are the 12 seed or worse, regardless of other outcomes.

Unless I've missed something the following seeds are locked:

South Florida is the 1 Seed

North Texas is the 7 Seed
                            East Carolina is the 8 Seed
                            FAU winning or Charlotte losing makes FAU the #2. Only FAU losing and Charlotte winning makes Charlotte the 2 and FAU the 3.

SMU vs UAB will clear up a ton of options, but unfortunately it's the last game on the slate Sunday.

For me the most likely seeds are

1 USF (locked)
                            2 FAU (75% of possible outcomes make them the 2)
                            3 Charlotte
                            4 UAB (tie breaker advantages)
                            5 Mempis (ditto)
                            6 SMU (ditto)
                            7 North Texas (locked)
                            8 ECU (locked)
                            9 Tulsa (most outcomes favor them)
                            10 UTSA (just beating Temple)
                            11 Tulane (wins 3 way tie with next 2)
                            12 WSU
                            13 Rice
                            14 Temple (probably stuck on 4)

Comment

So who we playin? Pleeze don't say Tulane

Comment

Fairly confident we're in the 12-13 game, one way or the other. I don't think it's possible to be last, at least we don't lose a multiple way tie break.

Rice loses and Temple loses, we play Rice in the 12-13 game.

Rice wins and Temple loses, we play Tulane again in the 12-13 game. The 11 seed might depend on Tulsa's result.

Rice loses and Temple wins, there's your 5 way tie at 5. Tulane is 10, Temple 11, UTSA 12, WSU 13, Rice 14.

Rice wins and Temple wins, Rice is the 10, Temple 11, Tulane 12, WSU 13, UTSA 14. Again, Tulane v WSU in the 12-13 game.

Comment

Working...
                                X