2024 American Men's Basketball Championship Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Fairly confident we're in the 12-13 game, one way or the other. I don't think it's possible to be last, at least we don't lose a multiple way tie break.

Rice loses and Temple loses, we play Rice in the 12-13 game.

Rice wins and Temple loses, we play Tulane again in the 12-13 game. The 11 seed might depend on Tulsa's result.

Rice loses and Temple wins, there's your 5 way tie at 5. Tulane is 10, Temple 11, UTSA 12, WSU 13, Rice 14.

Rice wins and Temple wins, Rice is the 10, Temple 11, Tulane 12, WSU 13, UTSA 14. Again, Tulane v WSU in the 12-13 game.
    my brain hurts, think I'll just wait and see

Comment

Fairly confident we're in the 12-13 game, one way or the other. I don't think it's possible to be last, at least we don't lose a multiple way tie break.

Rice wins and Temple loses, we play Tulane again in the 12-13 game. The 11 seed might depend on Tulsa's result.

Rice loses and Temple wins, there's your 5 way tie at 5. Tulane is 10, Temple 11, UTSA 12, WSU 13, Rice 14.

Rice wins and Temple wins, Rice is the 10, Temple 11, Tulane 12, WSU 13, UTSA 14. Again, Tulane v WSU in the 12-13 game.
      I feel like we can beat any of these play-in teams (I know, big freaking deal), except Tulane. They are just bettter than us 10 times out of 10

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
        I feel like we can beat any of these play-in teams (I know, big freaking deal), except Tulane. They are just bettter than us 10 times out of 10
        And most likely, that's who we'll play.

Comment

Tulane punched us in the mouth and we could not or would not punch back. It was a physical game and we just don’t seem to be tough enough to compete against teams that play that physical. Tulane got away with a lot fouling but if the officials allow it, you have to make adjustments. The players did not respond. Not to mention the freaking free throw shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

And most likely, that's who we'll play.
            Like him or not(and I kind of do) Coach Hunter coaches with a fire....our coach does not...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Like him or not(and I kind of do) Coach Hunter coaches with a fire....our coach does not...
              Mills’s ORU teams were tough. Kind of hard to say with the small sample size in years. Had someone I knew who played for him in HS and he said Mills was terrifying.

We have quite a few soft players. It’s also noticeable that Mills singles out Colby as someone he appreciates who wants to win and plays that way. Just seemed like a small dig at the others, and it looks that way too

Comment

Yeah, but, does any of it matter? WSU will not be mentioned on selection Sunday. Not even in passing. The Shockers do not look like a team that is eager to travel to Texas just to play 1 game. And to have to play a team that swept you during the season... insult to injury.

Comment

so is everything set for Wednesday yet? Does Rice V North Texas tonight have any impact still?

Comment

This is similar to watching a loved one with a terminal illness. You hope for a miracle cure to come out. But in your heart you know that their last breath is just days away.

Comment

USF 1 FAU 2 Charlotte 3 North Texas 7 ECU 8 Tulsa 9

Temple loses UTSA 10, Tulane 11, WSU 12, Rice 13, Temple 14.

Temple wins Tulane 10, Temple 11, UTSA 12, WSU 13, Rice 14.

SMU wins SMU 4, UAB 5, Memphis 6

UAB wins UAB 4, Memphis 5, SMU 6

If I haven't confused myself, if SMU wins, WSU will play UTSA or Rice, if they win then UAB, and were they to win that game, SMU in the quarters.

It's possible the next to last team won't face a team they've lost to this season until the semis. Weird.

Comment

Comment

Wouldn’t surprise me if this is one-and-done.

Maybe best to put this season to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                            Wouldn’t surprise me if this is one-and-done.
                            I think the sun will come up in the east.

Comment

I'll be watching our level of effort, each players, whether they fold their tents or not when the prize for winning is another Memphis butt kicking

Comment

Better Memphis than Tulane.....:)

Comment

Working...
                                X