Game 5 – No. 10 seed vs. No. 7 seed – 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT | ESPNU
    Game 6 – Game 2 winner vs. No. 6 seed – 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT | ESPNU

Friday, March 15
    Game 7 – Game 3 winner vs. No. 1 seed – 1 p.m. ET/Noon CT | ESPN2
    Game 8 – Game 4 winner vs. No. 4 seed – 3 p.m. ET/2 p.m. CT | ESPN2
    Game 9 – Game 5 winner vs. No. 2 seed – 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT | ESPNU
    Game 10 – Game 6 winner vs. No. 3 seed – 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT | ESPNU

Saturday, March 16
    Game 11 – Semifinal 1, Game 7 winner vs. Game 8 winner – 3 p.m. ET/2 p.m. CT | ESPN2
    Game 12 – Semifinal 2, Game 9 winner vs. Game 10 winner – 5 p.m. ET/4 p.m. CT | ESPN2

Sunday, March 17
    Game 13 – Championship, Game 11 winner vs. Game 12 winner – 3:15 p.m. ET/2:15 p.m. CT | ESPN

Tie-Breaking Procedures: https://theamerican.org/documents/20...iebreakers.pdf

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; February 25, 2024, 01:15 PM. Reason: Added: SEEDING / TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES

I could not be less excited about this tournament.

Comment

I've never seen a tournament format where a team has two play TWO games before others play their first. Why not just do a 16 team bracket with two byes?

Comment

Standings as of 8:00am, Sunday 02/25/24.*
        Wednesday Team Thursday Team Friday Team
        Seed 11 Tulane Seed 5 UAB Seed 1 South Florida
        Seed 12 Wichita State Seed 6 Memphis Seed 2 FAU
        Seed 13 Temple Seed 7 North Texas Seed 3 Charlotte
        Seed 14 UTSA Seed 8 East Carolina Seed 4 SMU
        Seed 9 Rice
        Seed 10 Tulsa
        Today's Game against Temple:
        A Win keeps us as the 12 Seed.
        A Loss moves us to the 13 Seed.

*(if I am wrong, someone let me know.)

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
          I've never seen a tournament format where a team has two play TWO games before others play their first. Why not just do a 16 team bracket with two byes?
          Because the regular season means something. The 16th place team shouldn’t have it as easy as the 4th place team.

And all of the leagues with lots of teams do this.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Because the regular season means something. The 16th place team shouldn’t have it as easy as the 4th place team.

I could be wrong, but I believe this is EXACTLY the same bracket as the B12 uses.

Comment

WCC does it even crazier .. 1 and 2 seed don't play until the 4th day

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

WCC does it even crazier .. 1 and 2 seed don't play until the 4th day

https://www.si.com/college/byu/baske...nament-bracket
                Noticed that they gave a day break between the Quarter and Semis.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Yep. B1G and SEC do this.

78-65

Comment

Last night's win kept us out of sole possession of last place in the conference and therefore the 14th seed in the tournament.

Standings as of 8:00am, Thursday 02/29/24.
                    Wednesday Team Thursday Team Friday Team
                    Seed 11 Tulane Seed 5 UAB Seed 1 South Florida
                    Seed 12 Temple Seed 6 Memphis Seed 2 FAU
                    Seed 13 Wichita State Seed 7 North Texas Seed 3 Charlotte
                    Seed 14 UTSA Seed 8 East Carolina Seed 4 SMU
                    Seed 9 Rice
                    Seed 10 Tulsa

Tulane has three remaining games: @ FAU, @ USF, vs. WSU --- we will have a shot to catch'em. The last game against them will have some meaning, unless we lose to the Rice Krispies.

Temple has three remaining games: vs. Tulsa, vs. UAB, @ UTSA --- probably won't catch them and they own the tie-breaker over us.

UTSA has two games remaining: @ SMU, vs. Temple ---they will most likely end the season as the 14th seed.

Tulsa & Rice: Slim chance to catch both of them, but possible.

Comment

6 teams at the bottom trying to avoid Wednesday:
                      Rice (5-10), wsu, @UNCC, UNT - prediction 0-3, finish 5-13
                      Tulsa (5-11), @Temple, USF - prediction 0-2, finish 5-13
                      Tulane (4-11), @FAU, @USF, WSU - prediction 1-2, finish 5-13
                      Temple (4-11), Tulsa, UAB, @UTSA - prediction 2-1, finish 6-12
                      WSU (4-12), Rice, @Tulane - prediction 1-1, finish 5-13
                      UTSA (4-12), @SMU, Temple - prediction 0-2, finish 4-14

I'm predicting Temple to finish 9th, 4 way tie for 10th and UTSA 14th. Tie breaker will determine who plays Wednesday night.
                      We can help our chances a ton just by winning the last 2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        6 teams at the bottom trying to avoid Wednesday:
                        Rice (5-10), wsu, @UNCC, UNT - prediction 0-3, finish 5-13
                        Tulsa (5-11), @Temple, USF - prediction 0-2, finish 5-13
                        Tulane (4-11), @FAU, @USF, WSU - prediction 1-2, finish 5-13
                        Temple (4-11), Tulsa, UAB, @UTSA - prediction 2-1, finish 6-12
                        WSU (4-12), Rice, @Tulane - prediction 1-1, finish 5-13
                        UTSA (4-12), @SMU, Temple - prediction 0-2, finish 4-14

I'm predicting Temple to finish 9th, 4 way tie for 10th and UTSA 14th. Tie breaker will determine who plays Wednesday night.
                        We can help our chances a ton just by winning the last 2 games.
                        In this scenario, Tulane would win the 4 way tiebreaker. It's a little unclear to me if Tulsa or WSU would get the 11th spot. Rice would be 13th. I THINK it would come down to who beat the highest rated opponent. Right now it's Charlotte for Tulsa, but easily could change to SMU for WSU. Not that it matters either way.

It's difficult to construct a 5 win tiebreak that WSU wins enough to stay out of Wednesday. I'm not saying it's impossible (although it might be, there are just a ton of variables) but it's certainly improbable. The only decent chance is to win both games.

Comment

Overall AAC Seedings as of today - 2024-02-29.jpg

Comment

If it ended up being a Tulsa/WSU tie for 10/11, I wonder how that tie breaker would play out. We definitely have the easiest remaining schedule of the bottom feeders

Comment

If it ended up being a Tulsa/WSU tie for 10/11, I wonder how that tie breaker would play out. We definitely have the easiest remaining schedule of the bottom feeders
                              In a 2 team tiebreaker, if the season series is split (as ours is with Tulsa) then it goes to best win, kind of. 2-0 beats 0-1 but 1-1 does not beat 0-1 nor does 2-0 beat 1-0.

Both teams are 0-1 vs USF. Even if Tulsa would beat USF on Senior night, it wouldn't matter, according to the tiebreaker (we could also finish 1-1 were we to play USF again)

Tulsa is 1-1 v Charlotte while we're 0-1. That doesn't decide it either.

We're 0-2 v FAU and Tulsa is 0-1. That also doesn't break the tie.

We're 0-2 v Memphis and Tulsa is 0-1. No blood there.

We're 1-0 v SMU and Tulsa is 0-1. That wins for us.

We're 1-0 v UAB and Tulsa is 0-1. That also wins for us.

Both teams are 0-1 vs N Texas. No blood.

We're 0-2 vs ECU and Tulsa is 0-1. No blood.

WSU wins the head to head tiebreaker vs Tulsa, no matter the outcome of any other game. Because SMU and UAB can't be caught by Rice, we'll win any 2 way tie with Tulsa.

Comment

Working...
                              X