2024 American Men's Basketball Championship Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

They've tried that in the past and attendance sucked.

DFW is about the best location for the majority of the conference to be able to make it without major issues. I never want to see it hosted on a members home court again.

If we didn't suck, there would be plenty of Shocker fans make the trip. I think the problem is most in the conference don't have the fans willing to travel at all. You'd think North Texas would have a good showing. Rice is a small school. UTSA is just bad, but if they ever get decent might help. Memphis fans have little excuse.

If you wanted it more centrally located within the conference, Nashville is probably your best bet. But there are only a couple of schools within reasonable driving distance. If you wanted a destination location, New Orleans might be the best bet. It's home to Tulane, but they don't have that many fans to begin with. A few more schools might find that driveable for fans. Though I'm not sure if the destination matters. It sure didn't when it was held in Orlando.
    I was thinking somewhere with a beach in Florida rather than Orlando.

Comment

I’m getting tired of this 1-0 crap. It just sounds so weak.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I was thinking somewhere with a beach in Florida rather than Orlando.
        If you want to go to Florida, go the baseball tourney in late May in Clearwater. Great airfare to the smaller airport in Clearwater, beautiful location, GREAT stadium, competitive games, fantastic food choices.....the Clearwater beach is beautiful and the weather mostly cooperates. Not sure what more for which you could ask.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Well considering he has a full staff for this full recruiting period as well. Yeah it definitely counts for something since assistants are just a tad important for recruiting as well......
          Awesome! We should have a much upgraded roster to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Awesome! We should have a much upgraded roster to look forward to.
            Yup. And if not then many of the arguments people had this year start to be more valid.
            Last edited by shockerfan; March 11, 2024, 04:43 PM.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

France?

Comment

Can’t believe we didn’t get any conference season awards. What’s this world coming to? No love for the 12th place team?

Maybe we should make up our own. Juice Box Award, something like that.

Sorry to be sarcastically mean, but geez, frustrating year.
                Last edited by BAShocker; March 12, 2024, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                  Can’t believe we didn’t get any conference season awards. What’s this world coming to? No love for the 12th place team?

Well can't expect a first year head coach to get Coach of the year ..... oh wait ...

Comment

Yeah, I kinda tee’d Stick up for that one. You’re welcome Stick… :)

Comment

I’ll keep going…

The AAC also ranked the top 10 conference game dunks.
                      While the Shocks didn’t have a dunk ranked in the top 10, we were the recipient of 2 of the top ten dunks.

Comment

I’ll keep going…

The AAC also ranked the top 10 conference game dunks.
                        While the Shocks didn’t have a dunk ranked in the top 10, we were the recipient of 2 of the top ten dunks.
                        None of QBs dunks made it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Nope. Honestly, I was a bit surprised of that. (It was on the AAC Twitter-X account).

Comment

I think when you are 12th they don't look at any of your tape. It is assumed we have no season highlights. They aren't far off.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I think when you are 12th they don't look at any of your tape. It is assumed we have no season highlights. They aren't far off.
                              I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to willingly watch the product we put on the court this year. Or for acknowledging it existed in highlight tape. Probably better for the conference that way.

Comment

Well can't expect a first year head coach to get Coach of the year ..... oh wait ...
                                Yet, you REALLLLLY want to be wrong about HCPM right??

Comment

Working...
                                X