Fanbase NIL Contribution Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

441 is the number on that meter as of 7:30 CST on 4.17.24

That is 220K according to my calculator.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

441 is the number on that meter as of 7:30 CST on 4.17.24

That is 220K according to my calculator.
      minimum 220k, people could have donated more than 500. But still lower than we need.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

minimum 220k, people could have donated more than 500. But still lower than we need.
        Agreed.

Comment

Well, it's a start. Keep in mind that 220k is not just for MBB...

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
            IMO, unless someone specifically calls out a different sport with their donation ... 100% of the NIL funds should go to MBB until they reach their MBB goal

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

IMO, unless someone specifically calls out a different sport with their donation ... 100% of the NIL funds should go to MBB until they reach their MBB goal
              That's the money maker! The others are just good will.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

That's the money maker! The others are just good will.
                If that's all they are at least some probably would not exist. The two primary reasons they exist are NCAA Division 1 membership requirements and Title IX requirements. The are are more of a necessary overhead item then a voluntary good will gesture.

Comment

I say keep raising that "NIL" money, and when you get to a sizeable haul, announce that you are creating new scholarships for all the hardworking young men and women that want to come to college to learn a profession. Fleecing loyal fans in order to pay a ransom to prospective "students", that "graduated" from High School with an emphasis in Home Ec and Gym, because they excelled in Gym, is just a stretch too far for this Shocker alum.

Everything was fine and dandy when they came to college to run and dunk - trying to earn their way to the pros, while tutors completed their homework. But to be PAID to try and make it to the pros, while tutors complete the homework.... L. M. F. B. O

What a HORRIBLE way to prepare a young man for the warzone that is life.

I'm 100% double-done with college athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I'm 100% double-done with college athletics.
                    You keep saying things like this and yet you keep showing up here to give your thoughts on the things you're done with. It would appear to me that you are far from done.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

You keep saying things like this and yet you keep showing up here to give your thoughts on the things you're done with. It would appear to me that you are far from done.
                      Took the words out of my mouth.

I don't love where this has gone, either. But I still feel a connection to my school and town. Maybe that will go away with time and this slips further away, but I kind of doubt it for myself.

Winning also solves about 75% of this. That is easier said than done, as we have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I believe he made a look-at-me thread about 30 posts ago saying that he was done with Shockernet.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I believe he made a look-at-me thread about 30 posts ago saying that he was done with Shockernet.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I'm willing to put in my $500 for the NIL for now and see where this is headed, but if we get to the point where our school can't retain any basketball employees going forward (which isn't the case this year with very little NIL), I'll stop watching and contributing. I don't watch WSU basketball just for the sake of seeing how good ol' WSU is doing. I enjoy following players and see them grow into stars and graduating and/or going pro. 1 year rental players do nothing for me, WSU jersey or not.

Comment

Seinfeld has a bit about how in athletics we are really just cheering for laundry. He is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                                Seems like the overall fanbase is lukewarm, whether that be the current NCAA landscape with unrestricted transfers/NIL and/or the current program leadership.

Hate to admit this but WSU may never be competitive again the way things are going... Competitive in the sense of conference championships and winning postseason games...unless a sugar daddy steps up and there is no indication of that happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X