Fanbase NIL Contribution Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanbase NIL Contribution Poll

There is so much talk about NIL. Let's see what the fanbase does for contributions?
    Contribute NIL of $50 or greater per month
    6.52%
    Contribute NIL of $20 to $49 per month
    15.22%
    Contribute NIL <$20 per month
    8.70%
    Plan to Contribute NIL when they start winning
    8.70%
    Do Not Plan to Contribute NIL
    50.00%
    Other (please provide comment
    10.87%

Where’s the option for “Contributed X amount but no longer will to Armchair specifically”
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
      Where’s the option for “Contributed X amount but no longer will to Armchair specifically”
      Other

Comment

30-40 may not be representative of the fan base. We will see how many vote.

Comment

I will contribute - I just need to know more about plans, goals, method of determining where the $$ goes etc. I don't think those are outrageous requests.

Comment

It's never good when the feeling is you're contributing to a secretive black hole.

Comment

I think any NIL is DOA until we hear about what the funds are being used for. We need a pie chart with numbers or percents. Like others said, vague language on how funds are being used is a recipe for failure.

Comment

Can someone clarify something for me? I assume that individual business (restaurants, car dealers) can pay an athlete for advertising, without going through armchair?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  Can someone clarify something for me? I assume that individual business (restaurants, car dealers) can pay an athlete for advertising, without going through armchair?
                  I have a friend who played football for OU back in the day, and every time they beat Texas, boosters were shelling out loads of the green stuff in the locker room after the game. So my guess is, YES you can just pay them money if you qualify, and maybe NO you can't pay them money if you don't qualify. The rules are a bit vague and quite possibly, unenforceable.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

I have a friend who played football for OU back in the day, and every time they beat Texas, boosters were shelling out loads of the green stuff in the locker room after the game. So my guess is, YES you can just pay them money if you qualify, and maybe NO you can't pay them money if you don't qualify. The rules are a bit vague and quite possibly, unenforceable.
                    Qualify? Blood test? IQ test? BMI?

Comment

I will GLADLY contribute. But like others I need a little more info and communication.

I signed up for Armchair when they launched, but other than a couple early communications...it dropped to nothing quickly.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        You are not required to go through Armchair. You still have to file the appropriate paperwork which is where the collective is supposed to be a benefit. They handle the paperwork to file with the NCAA to make it visible.

Comment

Regardless of whether companies go through Armchair, Opendorse, or directly and whether or not their have been any communications can anyone point me to where Shocker athletes are out there endorsing products or services or other promotional efforts for businesses and other organizations? I have heard of a couple of autograph signing activities but haven't seen much else. But, I am not a very good barometer of activity because I don't watch a lot of TV anymore. I do listen to quite a bit of radio during the day. Does not seem like much is going on, but as I said I am not good barometer of that.

Who are the WSU athletes that are in big demand for their NIL?

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Qualify? Blood test? IQ test? BMI?

No. You know.

The same code that qualifies you to break every NCAA regulation with no fear of penalty. Some schools (and some coaches even) qualify, and some do not. It appears to (even) be genetic. Those with red or green blood (Vulcans) don't qualify, while those with blue blood appear to be immune.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Regardless of whether companies go through Armchair, Opendorse, or directly and whether or not their have been any communications can anyone point me to where Shocker athletes are out there endorsing products or services or other promotional efforts for businesses and other organizations? I have heard of a couple of autograph signing activities but haven't seen much else. But, I am not a very good barometer of activity because I don't watch a lot of TV anymore. I do listen to quite a bit of radio during the day. Does not seem like much is going on, but as I said I am not good barometer of that.

Who are the WSU athletes that are in big demand for their NIL?
                              This is going to sound mean, but probably none of them. Maybe XB because of his local ties? I think the average fan is going to feel less connection with the players and team as a whole when the roster is always churning. People grew to love Fred and Ron because not only was the team good, they were around for multiple years.

Comment

Working...
                              X