Fanbase NIL Contribution Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    It all started with video games putting college players and their names on their games and not paying the players. Add in colleges selling jerseys with players names on them and it kinda starts getting unfair. Now the pendulum has swung to the extreme the other way.
    Video games never put the players names in the game. But they were essentially the players. You could find a way to download the names if you wanted to as someone would take the time to set it up for use.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Video games never put the players names in the game. But they were essentially the players. You could find a way to download the names if you wanted to as someone would take the time to set it up for use.
      I used to love playing Jammer Howard, Andy Burns, and Tall Miller. They played for Wishitall.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Having coaches get paid 75 million dollars to not coach didn't help the process either. Hard to say you "dont' have the money" when you do stuff like that.

Comment

I understand this will come off sounding defeatist, however would you contribute to an NIL fund if you knew WSU would never compete at the highest level (i.e. best WSU would do is maybe win a game or two in the NCAA tournament. Will never get to another F4 ,etc.)

And I'm not suggesting this is the case...moreso, can WSU compete in an arms race? Or will there always be a ceiling for this program based on the players it can keep, given our NIL.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
            I understand this will come off sounding defeatist, however would you contribute to an NIL fund if you knew WSU would never compete at the highest level (i.e. best WSU would do is maybe win a game or two in the NCAA tournament. Will never get to another F4 ,etc.)

And I'm not suggesting this is the case...moreso, can WSU compete in an arms race? Or will there always be a ceiling for this program based on the players it can keep, given our NIL.
            I think the hope is - considering what we’ve seen our fan base do and without football… we should be able to be competitive.

But if everybody just bitches about how 3G shouldn’t have been fired and a bunch of fans won’t support it… yeah it’ll be hard to have sustained success.

Comment

It’s not the NIL that is the biggest problem, it’s unlimited transfers. Everyone becomes a free agent every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                It’s not the NIL that is the biggest problem, it’s unlimited transfers. Everyone becomes a free agent every year.
                It's a deadly combination of both. They're one in the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

I have to admit as I get older and far removed from graduation and in the twilight of my career my priorities have shifted. I'm not sold on the current leadership, specifically with NIL. I still remember the feeling I had with Jim Schaus as Captain of the ship. There was no doubt who was in charge and that my money would yield healthy returns. I also believed that his strength was organically fostering relationships with the whales. I just don't have those feelings anymore. That would need to change in order to open my wallet like I have in the past

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                    But if everybody just bitches about how 3G shouldn’t have been fired and a bunch of fans won’t support it… yeah it’ll be hard to have sustained success.
                    Finally seeing the light, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Finally seeing the light, eh?

Always felt like this. I have some extra money and Wichita State basketball/ athletics has meant a ton of me and my family. Would love to have success. I will donate what I can to help.

But need everyone pulling in the same direction. Don’t think we have that now.

IMO it’s a bad combination of former WSU people making big mistakes (I include 3G in this), current WSU people struggling to make up for said mistakes, COVID changing habits, and our fan base really being pretty spoiled and honestly being shittier than I thought.

Comment

Always felt like this. I have some extra money and Wichita State basketball/ athletics has meant a ton of me and my family. Would love to have success. I will donate what I can to help.

IMO it’s a bad combination of former WSU people making big mistakes (I include 3G in this), current WSU people struggling to make up for said mistakes, COVID changing habits, and our fan base really being pretty spoiled and honestly being shittier than I thought.
                        I'm not sure you are reading the fan base correctly. There is a lot of dynamics going with that fanbase.

First, WSU has had a long term fanbase that historically has supported the basketball program through thick and thin (think the 90's). That same fan base is aging. Add, a dumb*ss AD who could have better navigated choppy waters with a high-profile coach before everything hit the fan. Then add "big money" fans who were POed by the firing of their popular coach. Add COVID and Brown's hiring and stir well. And here we are.

Comment

I feel ya. Especially the fanbase part.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I'm not sure you are reading the fan base correctly. There is a lot of dynamics going with that fanbase.

First, WSU has had a long term fanbase that historically has supported the basketball program through thick and thin (think the 90's). That same fan base is aging. Add, a dumb*ss AD who could have better navigated choppy waters with a high-profile coach before everything hit the fan. Then add "big money" fans who were POed by the firing of their popular coach. Add COVID and Brown's hiring, and conference realignment, and NIL, and free agency and stir well. And here we are.
                            Thought I would add a couple more.

Comment

College athletics has become some weird collection of patreon transient individuals who will wear your favorite jersey for 5 months if you donate enough.

No thanks, if I’m gonna watch pro sports I’ll stick with the highest level.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X