Fanbase NIL Contribution Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Got my NIL store $50 tshirt today. Gotta say, it’s not great. Too bad they can’t give us a better quality to entice us for more purchases.
    Profit margins are too low at that price point, especially considering they are printed in small batches.

If a local store would order the same stuff but better made (what you would expect from a $50 shirt), and charge $75 with 1/3 going to the player, would you do it?
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

You were already supporting the program with your tax dollars, ticket purchases, and alumni giving. It's an honor to receive a DI scholarship and have a chance to make playtime a paying profession while earning a solid backup plan for free. When a college athlete is offered a full ride, their life has just been instantly made if they take the opportunity seriously.

What NIL is about is getting paid BEFORE you've earned anything at all. At least with the full ride, you have to go to class and be a constructive member of your team to continue getting the payments. This is just ME ME ME entitlement bullshit. It's a continuation of how NOT to raise a young human into a reliable, responsible, durable adult.

Does anybody even realize the true value of a college scholarship with all things considered? Read the following article for perspective. It makes the whole ordeal even more nauseating.

https://collegead.com/soft-dollar-value/
      You aren't wrong. The bad thing is....not a damn thing you or I can do about it. So if you can't beat them....join them....or get left in the dust. <shrug>
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

You aren't wrong. The bad thing is....not a damn thing you or I can do about it. So if you can't beat them....join them....or get left in the dust. <shrug>
        Funny thing is, he’s not against paying players. He’s just against paying them legally. Iirc, Slick Rick was his #1.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          Funny thing is, he’s not against paying players. He’s just against paying them legally. Iirc, Slick Rick was his #1.
          Lol good point
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
            "Slick" Rick would have had the Koch rockin' like nobody's business. Same for Chris Jans albeit on a slightly smaller scale.

We passed on the obvious hire, the flashy hire, and went straight for the clearance aisle.

P.S. Sliding a kid an envelope here and there is incomparable to what we find ourselves in now.

P.P.S. Did the lawyers prove the cheaters were right all along? Or did they just do what lawyers always do, stir up **** so they can feed off what floats to the bottom.

Comment

Got my NIL store $50 tshirt today. Gotta say, it’s not great. Too bad they can’t give us a better quality to entice us for more purchases.
              Not surprising. The shirt you bought is just a vehicle. May as well chuck it in the trash and buy another. Once the hypocrisy stage has passed, folks will be able to simply lay their bags of cash at the young person's door.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Not surprising. The shirt you bought is just a vehicle. May as well chuck it in the trash and buy another. Once the hypocrisy stage has passed, folks will be able to simply lay their bags of cash at the young person's door.
                Honestly, I'd rather just contribute $50 than buy one of the low quality shirts they are selling. At least with the cash donation most of it goes to the athlete. With the tshirt purchase, they probably only get around $5-$10 and I get a tshirt that I don't like.

Comment

Honestly, I'd rather just contribute $50 than buy one of the low quality shirts they are selling. At least with the cash donation most of it goes to the athlete. With the tshirt purchase, they probably only get around $5-$10 and I get a tshirt that I don't like.
                  Sales of licensed collegiate apparel is almost $5B a year. It's a robust market of many high quality items that fans love to adorn themselves with. Allocate 5% of all sales to student athletes and voila'! Problem solved. And no disruption to what was a finely tuned economic machine filled with RATIONAL participants.

Shoddy gear is gonna be all across the nation.

Just. Say. No.
                  Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; May 14, 2024, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Cold, did some young kids skate by your front lawn too loudly again?
                    "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                    Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                      Cold, did some young kids skate by your front lawn too loudly again?
                      Made me laugh honestly.

also, with all this NIL, can someone tell me WHEN a new college basketball game for the PlayStation or Xbox is coming out? One of my favorite games of all time, and this is the perfect time for it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                        Cold, did some young kids skate by your front lawn too loudly again?
                        Yes.

Comment

• We've suffered from "chemistry" problems in the past *cough* Ogirri *cough*. What kind of problems are teams going to face when a "Gal Mekel" signs for $250k and rides the pine while the dude that signed for the price of an acceptance letter and a couple Applebee's gift cards is starting in his spot? Then what about when dude finds out how much Gal is getting paid? I'm sure the teenagers (and their helicopters) will handle it with grace and poise.

Definitely need to stock up on the popcorn for next season. Jerry Spring meets college sports will be Yuge ratings!

Comment

• The Process would have commanded some serious coin.

Comment

The Process would have commanded some serious coin.
                              He certainly would have asked for it. It doesn’t mean he’d get it though. Not sure what kind of a “brand” that jackhole thought he established for himself that people would actually be drawn to.

78-65

Comment

The Process would have commanded some serious coin.
                                Fur coat NIL deal?

Comment

Working...
                                X