Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    I say keep raising that "NIL" money, and when you get to a sizeable haul, announce that you are creating new scholarships for all the hardworking young men and women that want to come to college to learn a profession. Fleecing loyal fans in order to pay a ransom to prospective "students", that "graduated" from High School with an emphasis in Home Ec and Gym, because they excelled in Gym, is just a stretch too far for this Shocker alum.

Everything was fine and dandy when they came to college to run and dunk - trying to earn their way to the pros, while tutors completed their homework. But to be PAID to try and make it to the pros, while tutors complete the homework.... L. M. F. B. O

What a HORRIBLE way to prepare a young man for the warzone that is life.

I'm 100% double-done with college athletics.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

That's the money maker! The others are just good will.
    If that's all they are at least some probably would not exist. The two primary reasons they exist are NCAA Division 1 membership requirements and Title IX requirements. The are are more of a necessary overhead item then a voluntary good will gesture.

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

IMO, unless someone specifically calls out a different sport with their donation ... 100% of the NIL funds should go to MBB until they reach their MBB goal
    That's the money maker! The others are just good will.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
    Well, it's a start. Keep in mind that 220k is not just for MBB...
    IMO, unless someone specifically calls out a different sport with their donation ... 100% of the NIL funds should go to MBB until they reach their MBB goal

Leave a comment:

• Maizerunner08
    replied
    Well, it's a start. Keep in mind that 220k is not just for MBB...

Leave a comment:

• ShockerExpress
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

minimum 220k, people could have donated more than 500. But still lower than we need.
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

441 is the number on that meter as of 7:30 CST on 4.17.24

That is 220K according to my calculator.
    minimum 220k, people could have donated more than 500. But still lower than we need.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerExpress
    replied
    441 is the number on that meter as of 7:30 CST on 4.17.24

That is 220K according to my calculator.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    “Seed Sowers”

https://wheatshockcollective.com/pages/support-now?utm_source=shockerbrew.sportandstory.com&utm_m edium=newsletter&utm_campaign=shocker-brew-4-17-beat-the-waves

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Crickets here

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by pogo View Post
    I got an email from ADKS today thanking me for contributing to the NIL. That is more than I got last year from arm chair. Go Shocks
    Got mine from Tyler & Tymber

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    FYI Saal on Sports Daily said there is going to be an live-updated graphic through WheatShocker on how they are doing with the 5,000 for $500 deal.

Said almost 500 people have signed up so far.

Could be better. Could be worse.
    Every journey that is made starts with the first step. In this case 500 Go Shocks

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    I got an email from ADKS today thanking me for contributing to the NIL. That is more than I got last year from arm chair. Go Shocks

Leave a comment:

• TrackSuitAndTie
    replied
    Individual fans must contribute to NIL if they want their school to recruit well, but it shouldn't fall on fans alone to fund the NIL collective entirely. I'd like to hear about headway being made in the business community to land some bigger contributions.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerExpress
    replied
    Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Wonder if that also includes those who decided to do the monthly option. It will still be $500 (or more) but broken into monthly payments.
    I’m sure it does.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X