• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post

$600?
    I assume he met 600 commitments of $500+. Goal is for 5,000 commitments. They will very lucky to get a 1,000 as the low hanging fruit has been picked.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    Website not updated, Saal alluded to that on sports daily and said something to effect that were closing in on 600.
    $600?

Leave a comment:

• ShockerExpress
    replied
    Website not updated, Saal alluded to that on sports daily and said something to effect that were closing in on 600.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Don’t run off before we can bemoan the downfall of college athletics over grub and beverages. I still need to meet the (in)famous CB.
    I'm always down for beer, lolz, and reminiscence.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I thought I had reached 100% program apathy at that point, but I was mistaken. I still had a little annoyance left. It won't be long.
    Don’t run off before we can bemoan the downfall of college athletics over grub and beverages. I still need to meet the (in)famous CB.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerExpress
    replied
    Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Seems like the overall fanbase is lukewarm, whether that be the current NCAA landscape with unrestricted transfers/NIL and/or the current program leadership.

Hate to admit this but WSU may never be competitive again the way things are going... Competitive in the sense of conference championships and winning postseason games...unless a sugar daddy steps up and there is no indication of that happening.
    Definitely seems somewhat lukewarm for now, but things can change quickly. And I think with KS harping on this they’re going to have some more success getting money, I really do think they’ve made decent progress so far.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I believe he made a look-at-me thread about 30 posts ago saying that he was done with Shockernet.
    I thought I had reached 100% program apathy at that point, but I was mistaken. I still had a little annoyance left. It won't be long.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

You keep saying things like this and yet you keep showing up here to give your thoughts on the things you're done with. It would appear to me that you are far from done.
    I'm pretty close to triple-done. And there's no coming back from that. I didn't watch a single second of NCAA bball. I don't even know who made it, or who won. I just hope BJ and K|Uck got bounced in the first round.

Leave a comment:

• BostonWu
    replied
    Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
    Well, it's a start. Keep in mind that 220k is not just for MBB...
    Seems like the overall fanbase is lukewarm, whether that be the current NCAA landscape with unrestricted transfers/NIL and/or the current program leadership.

Hate to admit this but WSU may never be competitive again the way things are going... Competitive in the sense of conference championships and winning postseason games...unless a sugar daddy steps up and there is no indication of that happening.

Leave a comment:

• Shocktoberfest
    replied
    Seinfeld has a bit about how in athletics we are really just cheering for laundry. He is correct.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    I'm willing to put in my $500 for the NIL for now and see where this is headed, but if we get to the point where our school can't retain any basketball employees going forward (which isn't the case this year with very little NIL), I'll stop watching and contributing. I don't watch WSU basketball just for the sake of seeing how good ol' WSU is doing. I enjoy following players and see them grow into stars and graduating and/or going pro. 1 year rental players do nothing for me, WSU jersey or not.

Leave a comment:

• ShockBand
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I believe he made a look-at-me thread about 30 posts ago saying that he was done with Shockernet.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied

You keep saying things like this and yet you keep showing up here to give your thoughts on the things you're done with. It would appear to me that you are far from done.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerExpress
    replied

Took the words out of my mouth.

I don't love where this has gone, either. But I still feel a connection to my school and town. Maybe that will go away with time and this slips further away, but I kind of doubt it for myself.

Winning also solves about 75% of this. That is easier said than done, as we have seen.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I'm 100% double-done with college athletics.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X