X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shockerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    FYI Saal on Sports Daily said there is going to be an live-updated graphic through WheatShocker on how they are doing with the 5,000 for $500 deal.

Said almost 500 people have signed up so far.

Could be better. Could be worse.
    Wonder if that also includes those who decided to do the monthly option. It will still be $500 (or more) but broken into monthly payments.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerExpress
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That's not going to go very far
    Say whatever but 250K extra a year on top of what we had really isn't nothing to sneeze at in two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    FYI Saal on Sports Daily said there is going to be an live-updated graphic through WheatShocker on how they are doing with the 5,000 for $500 deal.

That's not going to go very far

Leave a comment:

• ShockerExpress
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

How is that dropping a bomb? Everyone with a brain knew that.
    But head coaches in top conferences weren't just out there saying it.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    How is that dropping a bomb? Everyone with a brain knew that.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
    College athletics has become some weird collection of patreon transient individuals who will wear your favorite jersey for 5 months if you donate enough.

No thanks, if I’m gonna watch pro sports I’ll stick with the highest level.
    Yep. NBA is almost better imo.

Leave a comment:

• calfan
    replied
    Before NIL NO College Basketball Player ever got paid, right?

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/06/10913...tis%20Townsend.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shoxing Me Softly
    replied
    College athletics has become some weird collection of patreon transient individuals who will wear your favorite jersey for 5 months if you donate enough.

No thanks, if I’m gonna watch pro sports I’ll stick with the highest level.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I'm not sure you are reading the fan base correctly. There is a lot of dynamics going with that fanbase.

First, WSU has had a long term fanbase that historically has supported the basketball program through thick and thin (think the 90's). That same fan base is aging. Add, a dumb*ss AD who could have better navigated choppy waters with a high-profile coach before everything hit the fan. Then add "big money" fans who were POed by the firing of their popular coach. Add COVID and Brown's hiring, and conference realignment, and NIL, and free agency and stir well. And here we are.
    Thought I would add a couple more.

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied

Always felt like this. I have some extra money and Wichita State basketball/ athletics has meant a ton of me and my family. Would love to have success. I will donate what I can to help.

But need everyone pulling in the same direction. Don’t think we have that now.

IMO it’s a bad combination of former WSU people making big mistakes (I include 3G in this), current WSU people struggling to make up for said mistakes, COVID changing habits, and our fan base really being pretty spoiled and honestly being shittier than I thought.
    I feel ya. Especially the fanbase part.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied

Always felt like this. I have some extra money and Wichita State basketball/ athletics has meant a ton of me and my family. Would love to have success. I will donate what I can to help.

IMO it’s a bad combination of former WSU people making big mistakes (I include 3G in this), current WSU people struggling to make up for said mistakes, COVID changing habits, and our fan base really being pretty spoiled and honestly being shittier than I thought.
    I'm not sure you are reading the fan base correctly. There is a lot of dynamics going with that fanbase.

First, WSU has had a long term fanbase that historically has supported the basketball program through thick and thin (think the 90's). That same fan base is aging. Add, a dumb*ss AD who could have better navigated choppy waters with a high-profile coach before everything hit the fan. Then add "big money" fans who were POed by the firing of their popular coach. Add COVID and Brown's hiring and stir well. And here we are.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerExpress
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Finally seeing the light, eh?

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    But if everybody just bitches about how 3G shouldn’t have been fired and a bunch of fans won’t support it… yeah it’ll be hard to have sustained success.
    Finally seeing the light, eh?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X