Shocker Madness set For October 25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    My guess is that 3G has pretty much total control over how his recruiting budget is spent and, accordingly, is the primary decision maker behind what kind of resources are directed to Shocker Madness. I would be quite surprised if that was not the case.

Now whether or not his recruiting budget is big enough is another question. If he didn't think it was adequate he probably would have flown the coop by now.

How much do Shockernetter's think we could charge for Shocker Madness to raise funds to underwrite more cheese? Maybe we should just sell reserved tickets at $15 bucks a pop for the lower bowel and GA tickets at $8 bucks a pop for the upper bowels during the previous season and set that aside to be spent on the next year's Shocker Madness giving plenty of time to plan it and put it togetehr.
    Lower and Upper Bowels?:)

Comment

Here we goooo...

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post

Lower and Upper Bowels?:)
        My gut was growling when I typed that! :-0

Comment

We don't need "cheese", we just need a modicum of professionalism. There needs to be 15 mins of highlights from last season with the lights out. After that you can go straight to the tip-off with NBA'esque music blaring the whole time. That would be a helluva lot more professional that what we've been seeing.

If the AD lays another dump on the floor this year during "madness", I'm going to pay a couple students to streak the floor naked. Say I won't.

T

...:cool:

Comment

You won't!

Comment

BTW, I think I just guaranteed everyone who visits this thread will be attending Shocker Madness this year.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                I'm going to pay a couple students to streak the floor naked. Say I won't.

T

Uh, which gender are you paying??
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

"There he goes, boogedy, boogedy..."

Last edited by WstateU; September 20, 2012, 10:54 PM.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Uh, which gender are you paying??
                    The fattest, ugliest, hairiest of either gender. If I could pay a person to drop a load I would, but that may be going a bit too far. Let me think about it for a while.

T

Comment

Now that's definitely taking things to a whole other level of professionalism.

You could have a bear chase them around the arena and everyone could yell,"Wow, look at that big bear behind"

Comment

Cold is on point here, in more ways than one.

Seriously though, is it that much to ask for just a decent Madness production? Can we keep the Evansville type stuff out of our athletic department?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

And get a real MC?

Comment

And whatever happened to the Dunk Contest? That was usually pretty entertaining.

Comment

The Second Clue has been revealed to this year’s Worldwide Premier of the "WSU's 2012-13 Non-Conference Preview"

1. September 18th Clue #1 - Title – “D _ _ _ _ S * _ _ V _R * _ _E” (three words)

2. October 2nd Clue #2 - Introduction Theme Music – Get your Walther PPK, Aston Martin, and Omega Seamaster ready.

Comment

The last "madness" type event if my memory serves me correctly, was the first year Marshall was here. Every year since then, the level of production has gone down. All the way to last year when I don't even think they dimmed the lights for intro's, and it was just one big scrimmage, with the highlight of the night being Orukpe getting 6 fouls in 2 minutes.

I'm totally cool with a dumbed down version, just don't call it "madness." It's just silly.
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X