Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Literally hang Boatright while you’re at it.
    Hang the billboard
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Paul Mills, like him or not, with enough dough, just has to hand hold and roll the ball out at practice. We'd be nationally relevant. I'd still be fuming.
      Like Memphis is nationally relevant? I think coaching is needed regardless of how good of players you possess.

But I'm with you. If you have to pay kids to play for 1 year, then leave, it just loses it's luster.

Comment

• It gives credence to the phrase I used to hear about the "Princeton of the Plains" the best team money can buy. And by the way the Princeton of the Plains was self proclaimed by those flagship blinded by their own light, effete snobs in ne Kansas

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          Retire Fred, Cle, Ron, Ross, and Warren. Hang Greggs banner, hang the undefeated team.
          And Cheese. We are do damn stuffy on our Jersey retirements and for God’s sake, Warren is so long overdue. Come On!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

And Cheese. We are do damn stuffy on our Jersey retirements and for God’s sake, Warren is so long overdue. Come On!
            Especially now that number usage is expanded, we can be a little more aggressive with jersey number retirements. I still have no problem with it being a high bar, but it’s time to get some more up there.
            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Cheese jersey is not retired???? I’ve gotten to know him a bit… wonderful man!

Comment

• Wasn't sure where to post this, this thread is as good as any:
                Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• could you imagine if hershberger were around today, or somebody like that? wsu was the best recruiting team in the country then.

and now everything opens up? shee-it

Comment

• Interesting interview of HCPM:

We are almost the Official American Athletic Conference Basketball Podcast as we welcome Wichita State Shocker Head Men's Basketball Coach, Paul Mills, to th...

Comment

• Good gravy. Jimmy Chipwood? Austin Carr?

Comment

• Large Mouth Bass!!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                          Interesting interview of HCPM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01A8G2EiIc0
                          Good interview overall. Sounded a bit like Marshall after he completed his first season in the MVC. How he didn't realize the caliber of player he would need to compete in the conference. Another reason I expect better results in year 2.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Good interview overall. Sounded a bit like Marshall after he completed his first season in the MVC. How he didn't realize the caliber of player he would need to compete in the conference. Another reason I expect better results in year 2.
                            Sometimes it is hard to know the nitty gritty about things until you are deep in the weeds of it every day. I think that could be said for most jobs - you can't fully understand the daily grind and all the complexities until you experience it. As an educator over 30+ years, I've taught every level from PreK through undergraduate, and each level has its own quirks, issues, and challenges. Until I taught at the elementary level, I only had a surface level understanding of what it is like to keep 20+ crotch monsters tamed and learning something. So anything I might say about other areas - law, medicine, running a business, etc. - are just at best educated guesses on my part.

But I agree better results should be expected this coming year, now that he and the staff know more! I'm looking forward to a fun basketball season that will I'm sure be full of ups and downs. Hopefully more ups than downs!
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I have been somewhat skeptical whether PM would get it done here. I listen to that interview and others, see the direction player quality is going, both this years team and who we are recruiting.

I think PM is going to make it happen and the "not hot seat" thread may soon turn into the, can we find the money to keep him here thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                                I have been somewhat skeptical whether PM would get it done here. I listen to that interview and others, see the direction player quality is going, both this years team and who we are recruiting.

I think PM is going to make it happen and the "not hot seat" thread may soon turn into the, can we find the money to keep him here thread.
                                This will be a very telling year. I think one thing that makes a lot of us reluctant about HCPM as much as anything, is that his demeanor is so different from 3Gs. We got so used to the snarling sideline, and many of us experienced similar in our young days, it becomes easy to assume that style will still work in this day and age. But times are different, and how coaches work with players has changed. Not saying 3Gs way was bad, because it was effective when he the right kind of players that thrived in that setting. But he didn't always have players with that demeanor, and it usually showed.
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X