Clear All

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

You are not a serious person.
    Either that or you’re blinded by bias…

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Either that or you’re blinded by bias…
      You mean you were serious?

What bias are you purporting I have? If I have a bias, I am biased towards good WSU basketball teams, and I have a bias against people unwilling to call shitty basketball shitty because of... ego fragility? Diminished self worth? Still trying to figure that one out.

We looked worse than I've seen a WSU basketball team look since the pre-Turgeon era this past season. Many games it was evident the players completely lacked any motivation, and were walking around like they didn't care. Just a bunch of mopes.

Yet, for some reason, you think they were well coached and put forth a lot of effort.

And I'm wondering why you think that. The season just ended a few weeks ago. Bit too soon to put on those deep, deep, deep rose-tinted glasses.
      Last edited by rjl; 4 weeks ago.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I hope Mills is watching Hurley with UConn. Insane. They’re an absolute machine. 17-1 in March madness the last two years or something like that insane

also, for what it’s worth, Hurley didn’t look great his first year at UConn, and his record was similar to ours last year. Not saying we’ll turn into them but just stating this for the fact that let’s see what happens

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
          I hope Mills is watching Hurley with UConn. Insane. They’re an absolute machine. 17-1 in March madness the last two years or something like that insane

also, for what it’s worth, Hurley didn’t look great his first year at UConn, and his record was similar to ours last year. Not saying we’ll turn into them but just stating this for the fact that let’s see what happens
          Something gives me just a bit of a hunch that raising NIL $$ might not be a problem in Connecticut. With the wealth that's concentrated there, their collective is probably looking for 5,000 people to pledge $10,000 each.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Something gives me just a bit of a hunch that raising NIL $$ might not be a problem in Connecticut. With the wealth that's concentrated there, their collective is probably looking for 5,000 people to pledge $10,000 each.
            Who knows? I saw an estimate that had their 23-24 number just short of 4 mil. The same report had WSU at just short of 2 mil so their estimate for us at least was off by at least a factor of 2.

Comment

I hope Mills is watching Hurley with UConn. Insane. They’re an absolute machine. 17-1 in March madness the last two years or something like that insane

They seem like polar opposites

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Certainly helps to have the talent capable of executing his brilliant but complex offensive scheme. I’ve watched some extremely in depth videos on it and it’s fascinating.

I wonder if the scheme that Mills really wants to run was held back by the complete lack of ability to pass or dribble, something that his teams previously didn’t have issue with. He used to lead in low turnover rate.

whatever it is, I’m just ready to hear who we’ll be having next year. This wait is agonizing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

They seem like polar opposites
                  That first year Hurley ran his scheme it didn’t work out well at all until he had the personnel to do it. I’m just praying that’s the case for us too lmao. I don’t think it’s feasible for Mills to accomplish what Hurley has, he’s already a legend. But even so…

Comment

That first year Hurley ran his scheme it didn’t work out well at all until he had the personnel to do it. I’m just praying that’s the case for us too lmao. I don’t think it’s feasible for Mills to accomplish what Hurley has, he’s already a legend. But even so…
                    I'm talking about personality, DNA, and styles.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

I'm talking about personality, DNA, and styles.
                      Oh yeah lmfao, Hurley is hot blooded to say the least hahaha. But you know what, I ran into a guy who played for Mills when he was in HS, and he was saying that Mills is polite and calm in public but in practice he’s more like Marshall than we’d think. He legitimately said he was scared of him. Take that for what it’s worth

Comment

Oh yeah lmfao, Hurley is hot blooded to say the least hahaha. But you know what, I ran into a guy who played for Mills when he was in HS, and he was saying that Mills is polite and calm in public but in practice he’s more like Marshall than we’d think. He legitimately said he was scared of him. Take that for what it’s worth
                        I mean Mills literally went after opposing players and coaches while at ORU one time. I have no doubt he can get fiery
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I mean Mills literally went after opposing players and coaches while at ORU one time. I have no doubt he can get fiery
                          Yeah I mean some compared him to IB which I don’t think is accurate but *shrug*

Comment

Yeah definitely not like IB. I guess those people must know Mills personally and see him in every practice. *shrug*
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

You can also tell that he actually coaches and has a scheme. Unlike deer in the headlights IB with his coaches only timeouts. Shrug…

Comment

• If Scott Drew takes the UK job does Baylor take a look at Mills?

Comment

Working...
                                X