• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

For the entire game?!?!?!
    Pretty much. Played maybe 1 minute in second half

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

For the entire game?!?!?!
      He has a 36% turnover rate. He should be benched for the season.

Comment

• The entire team should be benched but this is a start.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

He has a 36% turnover rate. He should be benched for the season.
          If you count Bell's shots that have zero chance at going in, then his turnover rate would exceed well over 50%.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

If you count Bell's shots that have zero chance at going in, then his turnover rate would exceed well over 50%.
            For real. I was arguing this at the beginning of the season. Bell is bad, plain and simple. I cannot recall a scholarship player with a lower ceiling since Nick Rogers.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              For real. I was arguing this at the beginning of the season. Bell is bad, plain and simple. I cannot recall a scholarship player with a lower ceiling since Nick Rogers.
              Apples and oranges. Nick was a longtime walk-on who got a scholarship for his senior year because there was an open scholarship late in the process. Similar to JR Simon getting a scholarship at semester when someone left.

I liked Nick. Always very kind to me. (And yes, I know what happened with him, which is highly unfortunate, to put it mildly.)
              78-65

Comment

• If Mills can't turn it around next season how can Rick Muma let Kevin Saal make the next coaching hire?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Rick Conn?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Rick Conn?
                    Connnn!!!!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I wasn't on the Mills bandwagon at the time of the hire, but looking into what he had accomplished and listening to him, I changed my mind. I was supportive, not based on results but based on

1) Hope
                      2) Optimism
                      3) He's our guy for at least 3 or 4 years , so we may as well support him. He's all we've got.

Now the down elevator button has been pressed on #1 and #2, that leaves #3, which is totally based on what happens the next two years.

Here are a few things I've noticed that were or are concerns.

It took him FOREVER to put his staff together. Now it appears that's what he was doing when the portal was pretty much picked clean.

The team walks to the court after half time and there are consistent reports they show no energy. Then there are consistent reports that "warmups" are undisciplined. To my way of thinking that can lead to more or less goofing off before the start of the second half. The actual performance in the second halves only enforces that theory.

Speaking of second halves, I've seen consistently good second half teams. To me, that's a result of half-time coaching. I've seldom seen consistently bad second half teams against pretty much any coach with a pulse and a team ranked above #250. Half time coaching is consistently better in our opponent's locker room - against A LOT of different coaches.

When I see what other first-year coaches in the league have done with their rosters, I'm pretty disappointed with ours.

Mills needs to recruit his ass off and get some guys in who can handle the ball and hit some baskets. Then he has to keep them here for a second year. If, after 3 years, the Shox aren't in the top 1/4 of the league, then the decision to replace him should be made and then give him one more year while putting together a $$ war chest to hire a proven coach from a league better than The Summit and spend some serious time making contacts and evaluating a replacement.

Sometimes it seems like Mills may have been the stats guy on the Baylor coaching staff.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• some of the comments he's made are extremely concerning as well. Of course the comment about how NBA teams don't have a real PG, another is the comment about how he coaches during the week and there's not a lot he can do on game day, it's up the players to execute the plan. It drives me nuts to watch him on the sideline just staring into space with his mouth shut. Maybe we're too used to 3Gs animations, but at least act like you give a ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          some of the comments he's made are extremely concerning as well. Of course the comment about how NBA teams don't have a real PG, another is the comment about how he coaches during the week and there's not a lot he can do on game day, it's up the players to execute the plan. It drives me nuts to watch him on the sideline just staring into space with his mouth shut. Maybe we're too used to 3Gs animations, but at least act like you give a ****.
                          Yeah, but the Coaches show is listenable again. Oh, wait...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Apples and oranges. Nick was a longtime walk-on who got a scholarship for his senior year because there was an open scholarship late in the process. Similar to JR Simon getting a scholarship at semester when someone left.

I liked Nick. Always very kind to me. (And yes, I know what happened with him, which is highly unfortunate, to put it mildly.)
                            I considered JR but I think he was a better leader than what I’ve seen from Bell. I think Bell and Nick are similar players.

Comment

• Saw this in one of the Facebook groups. Assuming it's correct: last three games +11 1st half / -50 2nd half. That is outrageous

Comment

• Surely Mills sees that stat. The article from taylor about this stuff (the most recent article) was also kind of bare bones. Bell’s response infuriated me. Flagrant turnovers are not “little things.”

I’ve got to hope he’s gonna gut this entire squad next year. Most losses in 20 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X