Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's good news and bad news.

the good news: So far we don't have any losses to teams we should have beat.

The bad news: So far we don't have any losses to teams we should have beat.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      There's good news and bad news.

the good news: So far we don't have any losses to teams we should have beat.

The bad news: So far we don't have any losses to teams we should have beat.
      Okay, that's funny!

lol
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Maybe ADKS should grade Mills on a "care" basis during games and leave a note on Mills' chair in the locker room with his grade on it.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Maybe ADKS should grade Mills on a "care" basis during games and leave a note on Mills' chair in the locker room with his grade on it.
          that is ****ing cold............

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It isn't just the men's program that is not good, although the men's program is far and way the most important program we have. Coach Nooner is not exactly knocking it out of the park with the women's basketball team either. At least Mills has a couple of promising recruits signed. Not sure the same can be said with the womens' team. Kind of holding my breath about how Coach Green will do with the baseball program. If ADKS goes 0-3 on these hires he may not be the man for the job. The problem is how long can we muddle along in the current environment in college sports before we pass the point of no return.
            I read that one of the women recruits is nominated for McDonals All American. I think she is from Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

I read that one of the women recruits is nominated for McDonals All American. I think she is from Texas.
              That's not near as impressive as it sounds. I played HS ball with someone nominated. He ended up at Washburn, though he did have a couple of D1 offers.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

I read that one of the women recruits is nominated for McDonald's All American. I think she is from Texas.
                Kiyleyah Parr, a 5-5 point guard, out of Waco, Texas was nominated to participate in the McDonald's All-American games with both the boys and girls games being played on April 2nd in Houston. I believe participation is limited to graduating seniors.

That is not exactly an exclusive list. These are nominations submitted to McDonald's from which the East and West teams will be selected for the 2 McDonald's All-American games. Nominations are submitted by their coach, principal or athletic director. About 400 senior girls have been nominated including 3 of Kiyleyah's high school teammates. .

https://goshockers.com/documents/202...ericanList.pdf

24 for of those girls will be selected to play in the McDonald's All-American game which I guess makes them McDonalds All-Americans. 12 for the East team and 12 for the West team.

The diminutive 5-5 guard from Waco, Texas is averaging 11.6 points and 5.1 assists per game in her senior season at La Vega High School. A season ago, Parr was named the Texas 4A Player of the Year by the Texas Association of Basketball, helping lead the Pirates to the 4A state title.

Sounds like Kiyleyah could make the Shockers a decent point guard although I doubt she will be coming in as a a McDonald's All-American. In fact, I expect her to be the starting point guard next year.

I guess we will find out for sure as those McDonald's All-American teams are being selected this afternoon:
                https://highschool.si.com/national/2...he-boys-roster

This website ranks Kiyleyah as #28 in the state of Texas which is not bad.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 23, 2024, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That's not near as impressive as it sounds. I played HS ball with someone nominated. He ended up at Washburn, though he did have a couple of D1 offers.
                  Did y'all take second at state?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Did y'all take second at state?
                    Nope. The year before we finished 3rd and should have won the whole damn thing if it wasn't for one specific senior who decided to ignore the game plan and go for glory, miss his 2nd FT and pout rather than play D and let his man hit a game winning layup.

But I'm not still upset about that. We did go on to double up our next opponent for 3rd place though.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Nope. The year before we finished 3rd and should have won the whole damn thing if it wasn't for one specific senior who decided to ignore the game plan and go for glory, miss his 2nd FT and pout rather than play D and let his man hit a game winning layup.

But I'm not still upset about that. We did go on to double up our next opponent for 3rd place though.
                      DOUBLE UP? I did not recall that

Comment

• Ok

Comment

• Ok…. Fess up… what schools???inquiring minds want to know!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

DOUBLE UP? I did not recall that
                            Yup. And that was pretty much just milking the clock for most of the 4th quarter so we didn't score 120.

The team was pissed about the previous game and took out their frustrations in that one. I have no doubt we would have beaten Wamego in the Championship game had we had the chance. They were a good team but I don't think they could have handled the combination of size and athleticism of that team. I think there's a reason that the papers said the Championship game was played a round too early.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                              Ok…. Fess up… what schools???inquiring minds want to know!!!
                              I went to Circle. We lost to KC Sumner (Jeff Hawkins-KU/Kellen Block-Indiana State). We beat the living crap out of Kingman, who was a good team, for 3rd place. We had a lot of college athletes on that team.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Since we are already down rabbit holes, going to put this here ..

Interesting... he was one I was interested in as a WSU coach. Was a high risk/high reward.

What's interesting is he's only halfway through his first year. and the bucks are in 2nd place overall in the Easter conference. They are 30-13 .. so not struggling. Wonder what happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X