Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

You will never hear someone "chime in" and say someone was a bad hire. Its very easy to find someone for any hire to say "Yea he's a great hire, he's going to knock it out of the park". We heard that with FHCIB too.

Also, I like a LOT of what ADKS has done, but we have no idea what he really looked at or tried with this hire.
    Does it matter if you have NO IDEA what he looked at or tried? I trust Kevin Saul. I too have been disappointed with our play this year. But I am still in Paul Mills’s corner. I give both gentlemen the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are doing.
    Last edited by jcdshocker; January 21, 2024, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Tonight:
      Bell 35 mins
      Cortes 7

DeGray 26
      Ridgnal 19

Pohto 23
      Ballard 16 (coming off his best career game)

*** **** unacceptable coaching.
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
        Tonight:
        Bell 35 mins
        Cortes 7

DeGray 26
        Ridgnal 19

Pohto 23

I think we'd have a strong argument for "for cause" at this point.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Tonight:
          Bell 35 mins
          Cortes 7

DeGray 26
          Ridgnal 19

Pohto 23

It’s even worse by half.

Rodgers played all 20 of the 2H
          Bell played 19
          DeGray 16
          Ballard 7, Ridgnal 8

Cortes…. ONE
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• I'm losing hope in all this. I'll just say it now:

Mills was a bad hire.

He may prove to be a good basketball coach one day. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

But the hire that WSU needed was a guy who's a good basketball coach now. Declining attendance and fan apathy right at the start of the NIL era may very well break this program.

Comment

Tonight:
              Bell 35 mins
              Cortes 7

DeGray 26
              Ridgnal 19

Pohto 23

And yet… they were in a position to win for the last 5 min against a team that was 3-1 in conference and just beat a ranked Memphis.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• I watched K State yesterday. Tang was in the student section dancing and singing after the game. He was coaching the entire game. Mills is an emotionless blob standing on the side of the court. He pulls out a tiny note card, looks at it and puts it back in his pocket. Very impressive coaching (not).

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

And yet… they were in a position to win for the last 5 min against a team that was 3-1 in conference and just beat a ranked Memphis.
                  Let's hang the banner

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Let's hang the banner
                    lol.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                      I'm losing hope in all this. I'll just say it now:

Mills was a bad hire.

He may prove to be a good basketball coach one day. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

But the hire that WSU needed was a guy who's a good basketball coach now. Declining attendance and fan apathy right at the start of the NIL era may very well break this program.
                      Brown was Mike Cohen and we followed up with nice guy Mills, who is nice guy Thompson, I’m afraid. Only he can dig himself out of this hole through recruiting, or he can bury himself in his own grave by riding these players again next year. Either way, we’re stuck for 3 more years at minimum.

Comment

It’s even worse by half.

Rodgers played all 20 of the 2H
                        Bell played 19
                        DeGray 16
                        Ballard 7, Ridgnal 8

Cortes…. ONE
                        I'm no D1 basketball coach. I'm no longer a player, but I still shoot the basketball better than anyone on the Shocker roster (except Rogers of course).

Cortes is not so much of a great outside shooter from what I've seen, but I wanted to see more of Cortes, and less of Bell actually. Just strange player rotation/substitutions (or in this case, no substitutions/player rotations). It does not endear me to this coaching style,, nor does it entice me to purchase tickets for home games. (Buehler?)

And yesterday, when they showed the B12 standings during the KU game I think it was, K-State was tied for first place. I just had to chuckle that the refs gave the game to the Wildcats in our matchup with them.

Lastly, I thought officials were supposed to be doing away with the charge/flop calls. It seems as the season progresses, this has been forgotten, and South Florida was in rare form with a number of blatant flops, though maybe I just didn't get to see a good replay. Those calls have been against the Shockers all year long.

Comment

• Cortes wasn't on his game today. No PNR with Ballard. Two quick turnovers when he came in in the second half. I would have pulled him as well. At least Bell can get to the rim regularly and score a pretty good percentage of the time.

Also, we shot very well from 2 point range (26-38). Couldn't get the 3 pointers to drop. Should have opted for more 2 point shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by ky-mike View Post
                            At least Bell can get to the rim regularly and score a pretty good percentage of the time.
                            No ****ing way. Put this in the game thread, but at least down the stretch a Bell drive to a guarded rim was either good for a turnover, a shot so bad it may as well have been a turnover, or a floating jumper about 4 to 5 feet from the rim that stood about a 50% of going in. Add it up, and that's a 16.66% success rate on a Bell drive to a guarded basket.

Comment

Tonight:
                              Bell 35 mins
                              Cortes 7

Pohto 23

Holy crap, if true ... what. in. the. hell.???
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Tonight:
                                Bell 35 mins
                                Cortes 7

DeGray 26
                                Ridgnal 19

Pohto 23

To be a little fair, Cortes and Ballard were in foul trouble early. Earlier than Pohto or Bell were.

Now, regardless, I think it shouldn't have been THAT lopsided. But still.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X