Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    When is Isaac Brown going to get back into coaching? I cannot believe someone like him would hang it up over a couple years salary. The longer he sits out, the more stale his resume gets.
    the Dartmouth job will probably open up

Comment

• Nope.

In addition to all the other shortcomings in his contract, there was no mitigation of damages clause where he would have to try to find a job to offset part of the payout, nor was there a clause that reduced the amount of the payout if he got another job.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Nope.

In addition to all the other shortcomings in his contract, there was no mitigation of damages clause where he would have to try to find a job to offset part of the payout, nor was there a clause that reduced the amount of the payout if he got another job.
        I thought that was for GM’s contract but that IB’s had it.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I thought that was for GM’s contract but that IB’s had it.

I thought so too. I thought I looked it up when he was being rumored for that swac job or whatever

Comment

• Some of the coach debates on here always get me thinking of Coach Sauers from King of the Hill.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• IB and 3G are both just chilling and counting their money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                IB and 3G are both just chilling and counting their money.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  IB and 3G are both just chilling and counting their money.
                  Did any of you really expect 3G to coach again? Pretty sure I said it at the time and many times since that I believe he was going to retire within the next 5 or so years as he'd stated many times he didn't want to be one of those guys that coached into his 70s and such. He also didn't want to rebuild again. Based on both of those, nobody should have ever expected him to go find another coaching job.

IB on the other hand will coach again, but he's in no need to rush. He'll probably end up being an assistant somewhere or land a low level HC job once his payments are up.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Did any of you really expect 3G to coach again? Pretty sure I said it at the time and many times since that I believe he was going to retire within the next 5 or so years as he'd stated many times he didn't want to be one of those guys that coached into his 70s and such. He also didn't want to rebuild again. Based on both of those, nobody should have ever expected him to go find another coaching job.

IB on the other hand will coach again, but he's in no need to rush. He'll probably end up being an assistant somewhere or land a low level HC job once his payments are up.
                    According to one report he really wanted to come back to WSU a year ago so obviously he isn’t completely done with it. What he chooses to do is anyone’s guess though.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

According to one report he really wanted to come back to WSU a year ago so obviously he isn’t completely done with it. What he chooses to do is anyone’s guess though.
                      What one report?

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

There is some rush if he wants to be a HC again above the dregs of D1 in my opinion. Time away from the game usually only benefits coaches who have found more success than IB.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

What one report?
                          Whoever said there was a meeting with Gregg and the high level donors and they were split on whether or not to bring him back, but he was willing to do whatever he needed to do to come back. I can’t remember all the details.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

What one report?
                            ADs hate this one weird trick.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• What a mess on every level....from final four to play in team in a decade,,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                                What a mess on every level....from final four to play in team in a decade,,,,
                                This is why strong leadership and accountability are important--at all levels.

This mess was not one bad decision, it was a multitude.

Comment

Working...
                                X