X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post

Regarding number 6.

Why can’t that dude win a jump ball?
    Timing. I thought Quinn got it on the way up.

Comment

• We have now out-shot 8 out of 8 opponents on the year (FG%).

We all wanted a team who could put the ball in the basket. Well, it appears we have the start of one!

Now the big test, to take it on the road and see if we can do it against much tougher competition. Hopefully picking up a win or two along the way!!

I still don't think I can pick us to win against Mizzou, K-State or definitely KU.....but I will tell you our chances have grown considerably since the beginning of the season. So.....WHY NOT get a couple "P5" scalps! ;)

p.s. Quincy Acy deserves a raise....regardless of what he is currently making lol
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        Just got home from the game. This team is good and deserves more folks in the Roundhouse! This was this first game in a long time that felt like the team we cheered with 10,506. The crowd got really loud at one point, bringing back more old vibes. Great, great game!

Get your butts to the game! GO SHOCKS!
        Getting to weeknight games can be difficult for us, but we went. Thankfully it was a 6.30 start. We were home by 8:31.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Dude View Post
          I kind of cheated and looked at a Missouri fan board. They are now selling tickets for the Shocker game for $10 . Also their next game following the Shockers is against the Jayhawks. Wouldn't mind them overlooking us.
          I thought I heard the road team has won the game(s) in our MO series. I doubt they will overlook WSU. What are the odds the series is renewed? 15-20%??

Maybe that's a bit much considering their current home in the SEC.

Comment

Regarding number 6.

Why can’t that dude win a jump ball?

I think it’s a timing issue. Shaq Morris had a lot of faults, but he almost always won the tip. Just timed his jump well.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Getting to weeknight games can be difficult for us, but we went. Thankfully it was a 6.30 start. We were home by 8:31.
              And was it worth it?

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Careful there. I kid of course but on that note... when does GM's salary fall off and how soon can ShockerNation fill that place up again making a "home" for Mills to fall in love with?
                I think I was careful. Trajectory is if he stays on course. If the wheels fall off during conference play, not so much.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• I can't say enough about the job the coaching staff is doing. First we saw allot of player development which was used to take advantage of mismatches. Now we are seeing development of team chemistry.
                  It seems each game shows improvement of the team as a whole. Ballard is becoming a force and at the rate he is improving, he may very well be playing in the NBA, if he keeps it up. While KP didn't have the greatest game, he held his intensity up.

This is really becoming a great year to me. I love seeing players and teams grow.

Comment

• We won!! I need water.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Nice touch by the Athletic Department to introduce TJ Williams to Shocker Nation. Well done!

Comment

Harland Beverly is the basketball version of Tim Meadows’ The Ladies Man.

The hair. The smoothness.
                        Reminds me of Cornbread...

Comment

• The introduction of the players took on a new look with the use of a pair of CO2 air cannons that the players ran through when the starters were introduced. The athletic department seems intent on creating a positive Game Day experience. I think the university needs to look at a pay raise for ADKS. The man has changed the environment in that department and there are people at larger places always looking for the next great hire. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Well done Shoxs.. nice second half adjustments.. Always love a win!
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              The introduction of the players took on a new look with the use of a pair of CO2 air cannons that the players ran through when the starters were introduced. The athletic department seems intent on creating a positive Game Day experience. I think the university needs to look at a pay raise for ADKS. The man has changed the environment in that department and there are people at larger places always looking for the next great hire. Go Shocks.
                              Can't overlook the obvious enthusiasm Ted brings to the experience as well....he's fantastic!

Comment

• Night and day. Sweet and sour. Black and white. FHCIB’s (non) offense and CHCPM’s offense.

Wow, what a pleasant difference this staff has made in such a short period. It’s only eight games in and against lower competition but damn, I’m really excited to see what Coach Mills can do with a few more of his recruits/athletes in the next couple of years.

The short bench is a concern (so glad HB’s ankle injury wasn’t more serious) but as either Dave or Bob said during the broadcast it seems that the seven guys who are playing the majority of the minutes are really figuring each other out and are becoming a cohesive group with some great chemistry.

And now, Schlitz is about to get real. Looking forward to seeing more growth and development from this team but also STILL tempering my expectations.

Comment

Working...
                                X