RICHMOND (4-2) at WICHITA STATE (6-1) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    I like it that Beverly, Colby, and Bell are sharing main ball handling duties. They have pretty equal handles, and while their styles aren’t vastly different, they still vary.
    Agree, but I’d say Rogers is below the other 2 by quite a bit as a ball handler.

Comment

• I can’t imagine how good this team would be with a true point guard right now.

I have to admit.. we’re exceeding expectations right now. It’s early though.

A win at an SEC school would be pretty large. Need to prove it on the road now.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 3G would be impressed. It appears that we have “makers”.

Comment

• Okay, Bell answered the bell the 2nd half after a poor 1st. Everyone knows a like KP but HB is growing on me every game and QB is a tremendous asset who really plays within himself. Short bench helping. Quinn has to be one of the best offensive centers in the country who will abuse almost anybody guarding him. Very nice win playing 3/4 of the game very well. Don't know why we are not selling more tickets. I've never missed an Intrust game and plan on keeping that in tact.

Comment

• Still think all of our returning players have definitely improved and better in this new System.

Ballard has been quite the rim protector and shot blocker.

7 assists and 1 turnover for our smooth and improving H. Beverly. He, DR, Bell, and Rogers really helped us.

When X. Bell gets some more assists on drives when he is covered up as he did a few times tonight, it will make us happy.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• The schedule is actually helping us slowly develop this team and work in all the new players and get on track with Mills system. I’m pretty pleased how they seem to be getting better with every game. Richmond is the best team we’ve played and we handled them fairly well. Responded very nicely second half. Definitely need to get people in the house and get that Roundhouse magic going again…these guys are earning some respect….

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Agree, but I’d say Rogers is below the other 2 by quite a bit as a ball handler.
                  Well I didn’t like it much when Bell was playing the primary ball handler 90% of the time. I like it better when shared, and tonight Beverly was quite good as the primary. I like it when Mills has them share it.

Comment

• Harlond's post-game interview with Kennedy & Dahl was every bit as good as his game. Maybe better.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 29, 2023, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Harland Beverly is the basketball version of Tim Meadows’ The Ladies Man.

The hair. The smoothness.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• We might just be onto something…
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Beverly is starting to show the potential he had coming out of high school. I think he ws a top-75 guy out of HS. His injury and recovery gave him a long layoff that's taking some time to shake. I anticipate further improvement as the season goes on. He's nowhere near his ceiling.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I was just commenting about how Ballard is such an asset to this team. He sticks to doing things he knows how to do and doesn’t try to be Superman. Block shots, dunk close to the rim and rebound, It’s such a luxury having a true big man like that.

Comment

• Amazing what solid coaching and general leadership can do. So far, my expectations have been exceeded

Comment

• The Shockers continue their promising start to the season to push their record to 7-1 under first-year coach Paul Mills.

Comment

Working...
                                X