No announcement yet.

RICHMOND (4-2) at WICHITA STATE (6-1) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent passing and cutting, and minimal turnovers made that enjoyable to watch. Pleased with several guys, but Pohto's more agressive play is a nixe development. As was said earlier, Ballard is solid and consistent in what he does well and better than I was expecting with more minutes allotted this year.

Mizzou will be a major test.

Comment

• Here's another surprising thing for this early in the season. With the short bench, every player other than Ballard and Germany has had to learn two positions.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• First game where both the on court performance AND the level of competition makes you go hmmm. I thought we would win. Did not expect us to throttle them and completely control the game like that

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          I was just commenting about how Ballard is such an asset to this team. He sticks to doing things he knows how to do and doesn’t try to be Superman. Block shots, dunk close to the rim and rebound, It’s such a luxury having a true big man like that.
          100%. Coming into this season I was hoping to have a serviceable center, and I didn't think it would be QB. He has made such huge strides. It's hard to believe dude couldn't get on the court before this year, injuries not withstanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
            Excellent passing and cutting, and minimal turnovers made that enjoyable to watch. Pleased with several guys, but Pohto's more agressive play is a nixe development. As was said earlier, Ballard is solid and consistent in what he does well and better than I was expecting with more minutes allotted this year.

Mizzou will be a major test.
            At this point I think Mizzou will have to think that WSU will be a major test.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Just got home from the game. I will tell you that was one of the best played games I have seen in several years not just the last two. An organized offense and a tenacious defense. So proud of these guys and the crowd was the largest and loudest in awhile. Proud of our Shocker fans. To think that so many new faces and a new coaching staff, new system and new philosophy can look so good so quickly just is beyond my comprehension. Beverly the star of the game was a great interview by Mike and Dave. Very articulate and well thought answers to Mike and Daves questions.
              Too bad we didn't fill the place up but it was a FUN place to be tonight. Go Shocks

Comment

• 7-1. Beating the teams we should beat. Steady improvement. Mills pushing the right buttons. Player development in a lot of cases is off the charts. No true point guard but the 3 ball handlers are doing a very admirable job. Somethings happening here kids. Crowd even brought it there for a minute.

We get to the meat of the OOC competition coming up and there will be some "oh s##ts"...but like someone mentioned earlier...this schedule has definitely worked. Even if we lose to the big 3 coming up...we got something cooking heading into AAC play.

Go SHOCKS!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Tuned in for the second half. Very pleased with the product on the court. Current trajectory is aac coy.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Didn't get to watch or listen. No Joy? No Germany?

Comment

• Jumped 12 spots to 93 in KenPom

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                        Tuned in for the second half. Very pleased with the product on the court. Current trajectory is aac coy.
                        Careful there. I kid of course but on that note... when does GM's salary fall off and how soon can ShockerNation fill that place up again making a "home" for Mills to fall in love with?
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          Just got home from the game. I will tell you that was one of the best played games I have seen in several years not just the last two. An organized offense and a tenacious defense. So proud of these guys and the crowd was the largest and loudest in awhile. Proud of our Shocker fans. To think that so many new faces and a new coaching staff, new system and new philosophy can look so good so quickly just is beyond my comprehension. Beverly the star of the game was a great interview by Mike and Dave. Very articulate and well thought answers to Mike and Daves questions.
                          Too bad we didn't fill the place up but it was a FUN place to be tonight. Go Shocks
                          I'm glad you commented on the interview with Beverly. Well spoken young man. It is very easy to root for these guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                            I think the fools gold is actually more like 10k gold. Still a ways to go to be 24k gold....but they are learning.

Comment

• Just got home from the game. This team is good and deserves more folks in the Roundhouse! This was this first game in a long time that felt like the team we cheered with 10,506. The crowd got really loud at one point, bringing back more old vibes. Great, great game!

Get your butts to the game! GO SHOCKS!

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Careful there. I kid of course but on that note... when does GM's salary fall off and how soon can ShockerNation fill that place up again making a "home" for Mills to fall in love with?
                                Through Dec 2026

Comment

Working...
                                X