Intrust Ticket Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

I would bemoan about how in the world we got THAT arena for close to $200M in mid-00’s money, but there’s nothing to question or belabor - it’s just what Wichita does. Just like we have an $80M ballpark that looks more or less identical to what other towns spent $40M on, or how 30 acres of land in front of the Hyatt remains undeveloped and looking generally like an EPA Superfund site going on two decades now.

Whipple was a penis-faced fartmonster, but one thing he was right on was trying to put some protections between taxpayer money and PPP’s/developers in this town.

[/soapbox]
    Wichita has long had this idea that real estate development = economic development. If Wichita took half the money spent on real estate development incentives and used it for manufacturing and tech incentives you’d have people making money and looking to spend it somewhere, like a ballpark or TopGolf or sporting goods store and some developer would fill that need. Though, to be fair, Wichita would use the money on a Nikola facility or FTX headquarters.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

The very first one against Tulsa wasn’t awful because we hadn’t played Tulsa in a few years, and we were actually at a similar level at the time (KenPom previous season: WSU 64, Tulsa 83).
      I didn't say it was an awful game, but for an IBA game it was pretty meh. Let's be real, outside of the old timers, and I'm not sure how many of them really feel it, the Tulsa rivalry is mostly on paper and not in spirit.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Some of you must not get out much. Tickets for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING are through the roof. Trans Siberian Orchestra will be here in a few days. Tickets are $9 - $110.
        The world’s gone crazy. Why do we need Trans Siberians taking orchestra jobs from Cis Siberians?
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Some of you must not get out much. Tickets for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING are through the roof. Trans Siberian Orchestra will be here in a few days. Tickets are $9 - $110.
          You're also talking about a well established act with a long history of selling tons of tickets and you get one chance to see them every year. And they still have cheaper ticket offers than the WSU game against a meh opponent.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

You're also talking about a well established act with a long history of selling tons of tickets and you get one chance to see them every year. And they still have cheaper ticket offers than the WSU game against a meh opponent.
            There was a typo in my first comment. The bottom end ticket is $59.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

There was a typo in my first comment. The bottom end ticket is $59.
              Either way, the rest of it still stands.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm expecting them to buy out of the last game
                I had a brief chat with the KSU AD a few months ago. I thanked him for scheduling WSU and he basically said it was a no-brainer. He wasn't hesitant at all.

Comment

Wife and I are going, it’s been a few years. Yep, pricey…but I just thought it would be fun despite knowing South Dakota isn’t marquee. We haven’t played good there as of late but we did win more than a few back in the day. Tennessee, OU,OSU, KSU pretty decent programs and the type I’d like to see for Intrust games.

Comment

WSU and K-State alternating annually between IBA here and T-Mobile Center in KC would seem like a no-brainer.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                      WSU and K-State alternating annually between IBA here and T-Mobile Center in KC would seem like a no-brainer.
                      I'd be okay with this. I'd prefer a straight H/H, but IBA/TM would work. And if we can work that out, we need to figure out how to land better names for the KC years so we're not playing Summit schools at IBA.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Some of you must not get out much. Tickets for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING are through the roof. Trans Siberian Orchestra will be here in a few days. Tickets are $59 - $110.
                        Did the Trans Siberian Orchestra thing herein Atlanta last year. $500 with fees for my wife & me. We were in the balcony. Great experience

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                          Wife and I are going, it’s been a few years. Yep, pricey…but I just thought it would be fun despite knowing South Dakota isn’t marquee. We haven’t played good there as of late but we did win more than a few back in the day. Tennessee, OU,OSU, KSU pretty decent programs and the type I’d like to see for Intrust games.
                          This is the problem with not playing a good crowd draw opponent. Beating a "no-name" opponent does little to help in attendance for the future. Losing hurts both non-season tickets holders and season tickets holders that had to pay "extra" to see someone who should have been a home game from coming again if the next opponent is the same level.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

That was a really fun game. I remember Aaron Ellis hitting a few mid-range jumpers to help seal that game.
                            That place was lit when Kyles went 3, 3, 3 to start the game. Tulsa was lucky to withstand that barrage....because about 12 months later that type of start basically always ended up in a 25+ point beating.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

That place was lit when Kyles went 3, 3, 3 to start the game. Tulsa was lucky to withstand that barrage....because about 12 months later that type of start basically always ended up in a 25+ point beating.
                              Not even 12 months. That season was the NIT title season. That kind of early barrage was what beat the living hell out of Nebraska.

78-65

Comment

Some of you must not get out much. Tickets for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING are through the roof. Trans Siberian Orchestra will be here in a few days. Tickets are $59 - $110.

Lol! Before anyone jumps all over me, I am only posting this as a joke and I am not trying to make any sort of political statement...

Comment

Working...
                                X