Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pogo View Post

THIS
    Unfortunately, none of the people who need to hear this are on Shockernet.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Comment

I would venture most but none is an exaggeration

Comment

There are a lot of so called fans that only attend games when we are winning every game. I am not criticizing these people, because they have the right to choose. Sometimes it is financial some times it is other things take priority. However, no one should complain about the attendance at games unless they are at the arena.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
            There are a lot of so called fans that only attend games when we are winning every game. I am not criticizing these people, because they have the right to choose. Sometimes it is financial some times it is other things take priority. However, no one should complain about the attendance at games unless they are at the arena.
            I agree, but I would also throw in "if they live within 100 miles" as well. If I didn't live in Dallas I would still have season tickets and be at every game. I would have season tickets even if I was the only one lol.

As of now I will only be able to make it back for 4 or 5 games this year. And, of course, the conference tournament.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              Two things stand out to me in TW's post and that is Home town and Home town team. Wichita is a wonderful and at the same time exasperating place to live. Being away from Wichita and living in other places gives one a sense of how good Wichita really is and can be. As TW points out we can't change the direction of college sports on a national basis but we can change it at the Wichita level. Take his words to heart and Be Better.
              The thing that stands out to me, living in other cities, is the local interest in sports. I am and always be an avid shocker basketball fan. I held season tickets from 1979-2000 when I transferred to Austin for work purposes. In Wichita you couldn't walk into any public building without hearing conversation about basketball. In Austin, it seemed as if there was no team at UT most of the time, but football was year around chatter wherever you went. I now live in NE Oklahoma, where nobody talks sports. It's kind of sad, but the benefit is that I can record a game and never know the outcome until I watch the recording. Couldn't do that to a longhorn football game in Austin, nor a Shocker basketball game in Wichita.

Comment

Perhaps not, but we can be a start.

I am 100% GUILTY of a couple of things.

I have been and continue to be extremely down about the direction of college athletics, especially football and basketball. I don't like it and it's a turn off.

Throughout my life, there are countless times I have failed to act because "one person can't make a difference".

I know I have passed along my negativity about basketball, at least, to others. I'm not about to say I'm influential, either here or outside of Shockernet, but I talk about it, a lot.

We can all do something, even if it's a little thing. I'm fortunate enough to still have tickets, often times extra. As difficult as it is for me to get to games these days, I will do a better job making sure these tickets do in fact get used. And I will go to Intrust even though I hadn't planned on it. And I will encourage others to do the same.

We can start here, if nothing else.

Go Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I have been and continue to be extremely down about the direction of college athletics, especially football and basketball. I don't like it and it's a turn off.

Throughout my life, there are countless times I have failed to act because "one person can't make a difference".

I know I have passed along my negativity about basketball, at least, to others. I'm not about to say I'm influential, either here or outside of Shockernet, but I talk about it, a lot.

We can all do something, even if it's a little thing. I'm fortunate enough to still have tickets, often times extra. As difficult as it is for me to get to games these days, I will do a better job making sure these tickets do in fact get used. And I will go to Intrust even though I hadn't planned on it. And I will encourage others to do the same.

Go Shockers!
                  Well said.

We all can make a difference. I think most of us believe there a quality product on the court for the most part. Invite others to go with you. Make sure all season ticket holders sell or give their tickets away. I think the AD is trying to make single game tickets for most people.

if we can get a win today I will be very excited to see what the attendance at the next home game will look like.

Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Go Shockers!
                    *Sees 7-0 Mizzou score and 6 turnovers before the 1st media timeout*

Or maybe not........

Comment

The attendance is great.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

The attendance is great.
                        Guilty conscience?

Comment

Guilty conscience?
                          The attendance is fantastic.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Comment

Not buying it. Last year I don’t know how many times I read on this board “if we’d only fire IB I’d get season tickets”. Well my guess is practically no one followed through. And yes, I have my season tickets… just like I have for 30+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                                Not buying it. Last year I don’t know how many times I read on this board “if we’d only fire IB I’d get season tickets”. Well my guess is practically no one followed through. And yes, I have my season tickets… just like I have for 30+ years.
                                My wife and I did.

Comment

Working...
                                X