Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
    You guys need to set your sights higher than a 4, 5 or 6 seed.
    So true. To hope for a sixth seed means wanting a so so second half of the season and definitely no conference championship.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Question: If either Creighton or WSU wins out thru the Valley's tournament do you think they would receive a one seed...two seed?

Comment

Maybe a 2, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Signman View Post
          Question: If either Creighton or WSU wins out thru the Valley's tournament do you think they would receive a one seed...two seed?
          Creighton would get a 2 seed, we would get a 3, IMHO. Personally, I'd have it the other way around because we would have a better possible resume, but that isn't the way public opinion works.

Comment

If either team goes undefeated through the MVC Tournament they would absolutely receive a 2 seed, with an outside shot at a 1 seed.

I like to beat the "no respect" drum as much as anyone, but you guys are really selling short the ceiling on this team. Having 2 elite teams in the league this year is hugely beneficial for seeding, especially if one can steamroll the other.

Rpiforecast.com shows that going undefeated for the rest of the regular season would leave us with an RPI of 9.8. Throw in a win over a top 50ish Bracketbuster opponent and 3 wins in the MVC tournament and you can adjust that upwards closer to an RPI of 5. Our record against the RPI Top 50 would be 7-0 or 8-0 based on current projections depending on the BB opponent. Poll mechanics would work strongly in our favor as well- being ranked #20 this early in the year puts us about 3 weeks ahead of when we broke in last season and rose as high as #12. We'd enter the MVC tournament around #5 would be my guess. I know this is all a longshot and conjecture at this point, but you guys have got to shed the mid-major mindset.

We aren't last year's Murray State flavor of the week. There is enough fuel in the hype machine to carry us to the highest level of seeding.
            Last edited by Guest; January 22, 2013, 11:33 AM.

Comment

We would be, what 33 and 2? Uh, yeah, that would be be prolly #2 seed at worst. Depends on what KU, Duke, Indiana and Michigan did. Those are 4 mega powers right there.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                If either team goes undefeated through the MVC Tournament they would absolutely receive a 2 seed, with an outside shot at a 1 seed.

I like to beat the "no respect" drum as much as anyone, but you guys are really selling short the ceiling on this team. Having 2 elite teams in the league this year is hugely beneficial for seeding, especially if one can steamroll the other.

Rpiforecast.com shows that going undefeated for the rest of the regular season would leave us with an RPI of 9.8. Throw in a win over a top 50ish Bracketbuster opponent and 3 wins in the MVC tournament and you can adjust that upwards closer to an RPI of 5. Our record against the RPI Top 50 would be 7-0 or 8-0 based on current projections depending on the BB opponent. Poll mechanics would work strongly in our favor as well- being ranked #20 this early in the year puts us about 3 weeks ahead of when we broke in last season and rose as high as #12. We'd enter the MVC tournament around #5 would be my guess. I know this is all a longshot and conjecture at this point, but you guys have got to shed the mid-major mindset.

We aren't last year's Murray State flavor of the week. There is enough fuel in the hype machine to carry us to the highest level of seeding.
                We can shed the mid-major mindset easily. But how do you get the poll voters and the selection committee to shed it?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                  We can shed the mid-major mindset easily. But how do you get the poll voters and the selection committee to shed it?
                  Didn't see it holding us back in last year's seeding.

Comment

same basic stuff have been saying should win 25 again, lost starters and are just winning.
                    #5 seed. Second straight NCAA tournament appearance. STOCK: Buy
                    Last edited by HarpBros; January 22, 2013, 12:17 PM.
                    "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

nm
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Lunardi's Bracketology, in case anyone is interested:

5 seed in Austin against Middle Tennessee State

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Palm's latest bracket out

CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2025 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.

Comment

I don't know that this changed much. He still has ISUb in. And WSU in the toughest bracket.

Comment

I wouldnt mind playing the mildcats in the 2nd round
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                                I wouldnt mind playing the mildcats in the 2nd round
                                Doesn't Belmont seem like the more likely matchup coming out of that bracket? :)
                                The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Working...
                                X