Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
    ISUb losing to the 14th ranked team in the country won't hurt them too badly. I hope that ISUb does get an at-large; just not at WSU's expense.
    It's good for the MoVal and good for WSU.
    Is rather see isub pass cu in the league and make cu be the one worried about at large.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
      I wouldn't seeing them snipe Creighton in Terre Haute to give us some breathing room.

You're right, it's good for us if they get a bid. Even an at-large play-in appearance by the Sycamores nets WSU an extra $60k+ annually for a few years. I'm not opposed to that as long as none of their quality victories come against us.
      Absolutely, Go. The more Valley teams the better, as long as it isn't at WSU's expense. InSt has a challenging little stretch here: at WSU, at Drake (who knows which teams will show up in that game), and then home to Creighton a week from Wednesday. We'll know a lot more about their at large prospects in a week and a half.

Comment

As of today (01/28/13) here are our RPI Rankings (Warren Nolan):

Non-Conference average is #149 (last year #153), I used 75 for the Bracketbuster game for this year.
        Our Conference average is #131 (last year #141).

Our first nine conference games for this year is #144.
        Our last nine conference games for this year is #118.

The first half of the season home games were #127.
        The away games were #165.

The second half of the season home games is #135.
        The away games is #103.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
          Not necessarily. The for the first round they place the teams based upon travel of the "protected seed". KU might be in the midwest regional going to KC as the #1 seed. WSU might be in the South regional as the #4 seed and still goto KC for the first round.
          Yah, that could happen. Good point.

I'm trying to figure out what ABC was trying to say. Was he saying the committee would do that to make sure WSU and KU don't play each other? I dunno. I'm confused.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
            I hope we can firmly put Indiana State's at large resume to bed tomorrow.
            That would only help out the UNI at-large hopes.

Comment

Lunardi says he has us going to KC in tomorrow's Bracketology.

Comment

If WSU is a #4, and KU is a #1 and both are sent to KC, they won't be in the same regional for the final.

For several years, they've split the first round into "pods." KU might be the #1 in the Midwest and WSU could be the #4 in the South, but both sent to KC for the first round.

Unlike many years in the past, they won't have all 8 teams in a first round site going to the same regional. I think they did this to increase attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  If WSU is a #4, and KU is a #1 and both are sent to KC, they won't be in the same regional for the final.

For several years, they've split the first round into "pods." KU might be the #1 in the Midwest and WSU could be the #4 in the South, but both sent to KC for the first round.

Unlike many years in the past, they won't have all 8 teams in a first round site going to the same regional. I think they did this to increase attendance.
                  I finally understand what you're saying now. Yes, the pod system. It's been in place for a while now. However, if WSU is a 4 and KU is a 1, they could both be put into the Midwest and would still play each other in the Sweet 16. There have been pod placements before where all 8 teams down the line in one region played at the same venue throughout the region. It's not likely, but it does happen.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Lunardi's latest:

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                      That would be an interesting setup, possible match up with turg if he could get out of the play in round

Comment

• Took a look at http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm during lunch break today. We are listed in all 60 brackets with an average of 5.25. We are currently listed as the 3rd best #5 seed.

Seed
                        4 - # of 15 (25.0%)
                        5 - # of 26 (43.3%)
                        6 - # of 12 (20.0%)
                        7 - # of 3 (5.0%)
                        8 - # of 4 (6.7%)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                          That would be an interesting setup, possible match up with turg if he could get out of the play in round
                          I bet Ohio St would throw a fit getting sent to KC with a potential 2nd round against WSU. KC would be rockin those days with 2 KS teams in town.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            Took a look at http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm during lunch break today. We are listed in all 60 brackets with an average of 5.25. We are currently listed as the 3rd best #5 seed.

Seed
                            4 - # of 15 (25.0%)
                            5 - # of 26 (43.3%)
                            6 - # of 12 (20.0%)
                            7 - # of 3 (5.0%)
                            8 - # of 4 (6.7%)
                            An 8? WTH?

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                              An 8? WTH?
                              Some of those brackets don't get updated on a regular basis.

Comment

• Lunardi has a chat going on right now and did a good job putting a Memphis fan in his place.

Navy pilot (Memphis Tiger fan in FL)

why all of the love for Creighton & Wichita St? Between them, the best win I see is Wisconsin, and each has a bad loss. Wichita st lost to what appears to be a terrible Tennessee team, and Creighton lost twice LAST WEEK. Why are they looked as so much better than Memphis (last week's last team in)?

Joe Lunardi (3:10 PM)

No offense, sir, but both of those Missouri Valley teams have flown circles around Memphis thus far. Look a little harder and you'll see Creighton and Wichita are a combined 8-2 against teams in the field or under consideration and Memphis is 0-3 against the same group. It's not close.

Comment

Working...
                                X