Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
    Some encouraging things for me:

- 6 of our 7 rotation players are shooting 43% + from the field (3 over 50%)

- 3 rotation players shooting over 40% from 3 point (Dalen over 50%)

- 3 rotation players averaging 8+ rebs per game

- 5 of the 7 rotation players scoring 10+ pts per game

***disclaimer*** I understand it is a small sample size against weak competition and not likely to be sustained. But it is a pleasant start to the season given the expectations
    Yes. Some (most) of those positive numbers, especially good %s are a product of good shot selection. And that's a product of not only good coaching, but good receiving and execution by the players....early in the process. If we're taking good shots now, I like the possibility that if things go very well otherwise, we could be taking great to excellent shots by the end of the season. That's culture. HCPM talks a lot about culture and that's fine...watching the kids put it into motion and grow is better. Much better.

How many teams would LOVE to have Dalen Ridgnal, yet he cannot start for Missouri State??! Now, I don't think he'll finish the season at 61% FG and 55% 3FG but still......(these questions will plague mankind for some time).

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Yes. Some (most) of those positive numbers, especially good %s are a product of good shot selection. And that's a product of not only good coaching, but good receiving and execution by the players....early in the process. If we're taking good shots now, I like the possibility that if things go very well otherwise, we could be taking great to excellent shots by the end of the season. That's culture. HCPM talks a lot about culture and that's fine...watching the kids put it into motion and grow is better. Much better.

How many teams would LOVE to have Dalen Ridgnal, yet he cannot start for Missouri State??! Now, I don't think he'll finish the season at 61% FG and 55% 3FG but still......(these questions will plague mankind for some time).
      Arkansas fans probably said the same thing about RC4 not starting for us.
      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Arkansas fans probably said the same thing about RC4 not starting for us.
        Ouch. And true. But ooouch.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

So what if we only have three D1 wins against lower level competition.

(I sense a Game of Thrones meme coming)

Comment

Didnt the Mills ride just start lol
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Speaking of Ridgnal and MSU, here is the thread from their board discussing his transfer:

Comment

If Dalen continues to come off that bench and can sustain his current production he has to be in the mix for the AAC 6th Man of the Year Award.

Would love to see that. From Missouri State castoff to AAC 6th Man of the Year. Has a good ring to it.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Speaking of Ridgnal and MSU, here is the thread from their board discussing his transfer:

" Going to WSU is hardly an upgrade" ... I see they still haven't connected to reality in the MVC.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

" Going to WSU is hardly an upgrade" ... I see they still haven't connected to reality in the MVC.
                    However, here is some others:

"I will also say that I thought Dalen was also the real deal. He knew he was on another level than everybody in the MVC and he demonstrated it. Only Ford's stupid lineups and subbing held him back. Don't give a damn about the technical fouls the team needed a dog."

"He will be missed, played hard and was tough to guard when he was hot."

"For all of the optimism I see on here, I'd note that Mogbo and Ridgnal were our top two players last year in win shares per 40 minutes, and they were two of our top three players in Box Plus/Minus (Chance Moore was #1 in Box Plus/Minus)."

"Lost two of the most physically talented players with size. Do not see this as good."

"Questioning Fords ability to put the best team on the floor even more now."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

However, here is some others:

"I will also say that I thought Dalen was also the real deal. He knew he was on another level than everybody in the MVC and he demonstrated it. Only Ford's stupid lineups and subbing held him back. Don't give a damn about the technical fouls the team needed a dog."

"He will be missed, played hard and was tough to guard when he was hot."

"For all of the optimism I see on here, I'd note that Mogbo and Ridgnal were our top two players last year in win shares per 40 minutes, and they were two of our top three players in Box Plus/Minus (Chance Moore was #1 in Box Plus/Minus)."

"Lost two of the most physically talented players with size. Do not see this as good."

"Questioning Fords ability to put the best team on the floor even more now."
                      Is that the Chance Moore we had for a few games like five years ago?
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Based on the last IB years, they were probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Is that the Chance Moore we had for a few games like five years ago?
                          Different Chance Moore. The one at WSU fancied himself a hip hop artist I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

From one of the osts:

"Going to WSU isn't really an upgrade"

Apparently MSU fans think Ford recruited over him and he wasn't going to get much PT and be #9 or #10 on the depth chart. If that's true let's go get MSU's entire roster out of the portal this spring.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Based on the last IB years, they were probably right.
                              We could go grab a random horse out of a field and sit him in the head coaching chair and WSU would still be a large upgrade over MSU

Comment

Working...
                              X